Wimbledon R2: Sergiy Stakhovsky def. (3) Roger Federer 67(5) 76(5) 75 76(5) - Page 43 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: factors

Stakhovsky exceptional tennis 72 57.14%
Federer's bad day tennis wise 18 14.29%
Both played equally good and Fed just didn't convert his chances 36 28.57%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 02:58 AM   #631
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon R2: Sergiy Stakhovsky def. (3) Roger Federer 67(5) 76(5) 75 76(5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
anyway , wimbledon is the slam in where you can have more surprises , a very good serve player and with a good day can win , in clay it`s different.

all the greats said that wimbledon is the most difficult slam of all.
You know that this is not true.

Borg didn't think it was the most difficult slam. He thought the USO was the most difficult slam.

Sampras didn't think Wimbledon was the most difficult slam. He thought RG was the most difficult.

Also although you don't count him as a "great", Nadal thought USO was the most difficult for him to win.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 03:00 AM   #632
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What was the main factor of Federer's loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss_Bagels17 View Post
1. Federer had no answer to the Serve Volley Tactic. (Did your coach do any research Fed?)
2. Federer's Forehand was rubbish today
3. Stakhovsky Serve was great all day Federer only broke him once and on Break Points he played them well.
4. Federer didn't have his orange shoes on (Waiting for someone to come up with that excuse) Just joking.
5. Federer's depth on his shots were not good at all today.
I think that the serve and volley tactis of stav was not the problem.

the problem was federer`s shot , I saw that his shots were not so powerfuls and not desequilibrated stav.......his shots in many matches not hurt like before , his shots looked like with no power.

his return of serve against big hitter was dead too.

and the other problem was federer`s movement , he looks very very slow whrn he needs to go for the sides.
juan27 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-27-2013, 03:01 AM   #633
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon R2: Sergiy Stakhovsky def. (3) Roger Federer 67(5) 76(5) 75 76(5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
Just an assumption of course, but probably a safe one. He has kids, and is close to 32. Murray and Djokovic are in the primes of their careers and are obviously in great shape. Nadal is at the end of his prime but we know he works very hard off the court. I think what has happened this year is niggling injuries have prevented him from training a lot and that's contributed to loss of confidence, especially in big moments.
How can an assumption be "surely?" You said we didn't know and then made a statement of surety.

You're just making up a story that seems to fit the narrative you want.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:02 AM   #634
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just an assumption of course, but probably a safe one. He has kids, and is close to 32. Murray and Djokovic are in the primes of their careers and are obviously in great shape. Nadal is at the end of his prime but we know he works very hard off the court. I think what has happened this year is niggling injuries have prevented him from training a lot and that's contributed to loss of confidence, especially in big moments.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/tenni...racticing-less

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #635
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
You know that this is not true.

Borg didn't think it was the most difficult slam. He thought the USO was the most difficult slam.

Sampras didn't think Wimbledon was the most difficult slam. He thought RG was the most difficult.

Also although you don't count him as a "great", Nadal thought USO was the most difficult for him to win.
for sampras was the most difficul rg like fed or borg the USO because he never could win it.

but in general , wimbledon it`s the most harder , all the players wants to win wimbledon because it`s legendary and very dificcult.

on clay you have time to recover , but in grass if your enemy serve like a god , you are lose.

the other problem in wimbledon it`s the preparation , on clay you have 3 masters1000 , the same in hardcourts , but in grass???? only halle or queens.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #636
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
I think that the serve and volley tactis of stav was not the problem.

the problem was federer`s shot , I saw that his shots were not so powerfuls and not desequilibrated stav.......his shots in many matches not hurt like before , his shots looked like with no power.

his return of serve against big hitter was dead too.

and the other problem was federer`s movement , he looks very very slow whrn he needs to go for the sides.
Well, his return was crap, but he did hit some blazing forehands. I think the main problem was that whenever he seemed to be getting into a groove he shanked or made some sort of crazy error. That's what hurt him. Of course, these errors come because he's not able to do the things with his feet that he once did.

The other thing I was wondering about that people who know more than I could probably opine on is whether Stack was taking advantage of Fed's habit of just blocking back the return to set up his superior ground game.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:05 AM   #637
country flag juan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaShot View Post
nadal will never break fed`s records , he is death outside clay.

federer can lose but if nadal now wins , it`s ok.

now if novak superates nadal in weeks at nº1 , he will behind of federer and nole in dominance.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:05 AM   #638
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
for sampras was the most difficul rg like fed or borg the USO because he never could win it.

but in general , wimbledon it`s the most harder , all the players wants to win wimbledon because it`s legendary and very dificcult.

on clay you have time to recover , but in grass if your enemy serve like a god , you are lose.

the other problem in wimbledon it`s the preparation , on clay you have 3 masters1000 , the same in hardcourts , but in grass???? only halle or queens.
Now you're changing what you said. You said ALL THE GREATS say that Wimbledon is the hardest to win. Now that you see that is false you are saying something different.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:06 AM   #639
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Noserer tards are the biggest hypocrites on MTF!

Surprised they haven't blamed the BACK yet.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #640
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
The other thing I was wondering about that people who know more than I could probably opine on is whether Stack was taking advantage of Fed's habit of just blocking back the return to set up his superior ground game.
Yes, Stak was taking advantage of Fed chipping/slicing returns back and then putting away a volley or hitting a comfortable approach shot. RF didn't hit over the BH return nearly enough.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #641
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
nadal will never break fed`s records , he is death outside clay.

now if novak superates nadal in weeks at nº1 , he will behind of federer and nole in dominance.
Nadal has records that Fed will never have. Federer has records that Nadal will never have. I'm ok with that.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #642
country flag Hugh Jaas

Hugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond reputeHugh Jaas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
Hugh Jaas is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #643
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

For my sig!

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-27-2013, 03:08 AM   #644
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Yes, Stak was taking advantage of Fed chipping/slicing returns back and then putting away a volley or hitting a comfortable approach shot. RF didn't hit over the BH return nearly enough.
You've sort of shot your credibility with me in analyzing a match.

Basic problem with the backhand is that Federer cant' properly run around it anymore.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:11 AM   #645
country flag cakedraw

cakedraw has a reputation beyond reputecakedraw has a reputation beyond reputecakedraw has a reputation beyond reputecakedraw has a reputation beyond reputecakedraw has a reputation beyond reputecakedraw has a reputation beyond reputecakedraw has a reputation beyond reputecakedraw has a reputation beyond reputecakedraw has a reputation beyond reputecakedraw has a reputation beyond reputecakedraw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Noserer tards are the biggest hypocrites on MTF!

Surprised they haven't blamed the BACK yet.
Anything else to add infamous bandwagon lover? If not, shut it and let people discuss
cakedraw is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread