Andrew Castle pays damages to David Lloyd regarding LTA leadership comments - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Andrew Castle pays damages to David Lloyd regarding LTA leadership comments

I know it's the Fail but this is pretty interesting, seems like the Patron Saint of Crap Tennis Commentators finally got what he deserved.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sociation.html

Quote:
BBC's Andrew Castle apologises and pays damages to David Lloyd after suggesting 'personal problems' could stop him taking over at the Lawn Tennis Association

A BBC tennis commentator said sorry to former GB Davis Cup captain David Lloyd after suggesting he could be prevented from leading the Lawn Tennis Association because of 'personal problems'

Andrew Castle was forced into the official apology after his comments during a rain delay chat with Sue Barker at the Aegon Championships at Queen’s Club in Kensington, London.

He has agreed to pay undisclosed damages to Mr Lloyd.

Interest around succession at the LTA has been heightened by the widespread disbelief at recent revelations that current chief executive Roger Draper was earning £640,000 a year.

He is due to stand down in September and leaves what is regarded as a generally under-performing organisation.
A statement published on the BBC website said: 'BBC commentator Andrew Castle suggested there were issues in the personal life of David Lloyd which made him unsuitable to be considered for the role of CEO of the LTA.
'Mr Castle would wish to make clear that his comments were without foundation and apologises to Mr Lloyd for any embarrassment or distress caused.'

It is understood businessman Mr Lloyd was alerted about the disparaging remark by his brother John, a BBC tennis pundit who will be working alongside Mr Castle at Wimbledon.

A joint statement release by the men today, seen by The Guardian, said: 'The parties have now agreed terms to bring the matter to a close, which involves the payment of damages and legal costs.

'However, Mr Castle would like to put the record straight and express again his personal apology to Mr Lloyd. He made his remarks, which were completely without substance, in the hurried exchanges of a live debate.

'Mr Lloyd has accepted Mr Castle's apology and the payment of damages. Mr Lloyd and Mr Castle are pleased to have been able to resolve matters amicably and now consider the matter to be behind them.'

Mr Castle's gaffes didn't end there.

He was accused of causing ructions by announcing at Queen’s that Andy Murray was donating his winnings to the Rally Against Cancer charity fund when the Scot wanted to keep it private.
Murray said: ‘I haven’t spoken to anyone about it.'

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
country flag ballbasher101

ballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond reputeballbasher101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrew Castle pays damages to David Lloyd regarding LTA leadership comments

Nothing new. Andrew castle is an imbecile. How he keeps getting employed is a mystery. It's tough to escape the guy. Eurosport, Sky and BBC all employ him.
ballbasher101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andrew Castle pays damages to David Lloyd regarding LTA leadership comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballbasher101 View Post
Nothing new. Andrew castle is an imbecile. How he keeps getting employed is a mystery. It's tough to escape the guy. Eurosport, Sky and BBC all employ him.
I know! Castle makes Sue Barker look like Robbie Koenig the worst part is that he thinks he's the second coming and didn't really accomplish anything worth telling, so what makes him qualified to speak about players like Federer, Nadal or Djokovic in such a patronizing way

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
country flag rhinooooo

rhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond reputerhinooooo has a reputation beyond repute

Castle is terrible. He was awful in that charity match at Queen's.

Quote:
Interest around succession at the LTA has been heightened by the widespread disbelief at recent revelations that current chief executive Roger Draper was earning £640,000 a year.
LTA would be better off doing a Kazakhstan here and just buying some players with that money.
rhinooooo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkulari View Post
I know! Castle makes Sue Barker look like Robbie Koenig the worst part is that he thinks he's the second coming and didn't really accomplish anything worth telling, so what makes him qualified to speak about players like Federer, Nadal or Djokovic in such a patronizing way
Sue Barker would probably be a decent commentator if he voice wasn't so soft.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
country flag Ziggy B

Ziggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
I still quite like her for inoffensive and nostalgia tinged fluff.

Seeing her presenting yesterday though, me and my old maw both think she's had work done surely?

FEDERER - MURRAY - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV - GASQUET - WAWRINKA - TSONGA - HEWITT - FOGNINI - HAAS - KOHLSCHREIBER - NALBANDIAN
Ziggy B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy B View Post
I still quite like her for inoffensive and nostalgia tinged fluff.

Seeing her presenting yesterday though, me and my old maw both think she's had work done surely?
Probably has, these cougarsd got to keeped primed, naw mean>?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

Old 06-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
country flag Ziggy B

Ziggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Probably has, these cougarsd got to keeped primed, naw mean>?
Haha I still would man, why lie? Might need to stick my RF cap on to get her attention though

FEDERER - MURRAY - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV - GASQUET - WAWRINKA - TSONGA - HEWITT - FOGNINI - HAAS - KOHLSCHREIBER - NALBANDIAN
Ziggy B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
country flag PorkBarrel

PorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond reputePorkBarrel has a reputation beyond repute

Ironic that the man who fronts dodgy compo ads should be forking out for damages.

No win, no fee

Tsonga, Wawrinka, Haas, Janowicz, Thiem, Llodra, Evans, Stepanek
PorkBarrel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #10
country flag ogbg

ogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond reputeogbg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkBarrel View Post
Ironic that the man who fronts dodgy compo ads should be forking out for damages.

No win, no fee

Sometimes sorry isn't enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8ylJiyWldU

Last edited by ogbg : 06-25-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added video
ogbg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #11
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Barker only watches tennis like 3 times a year. The amount of times she's called top 50 players 'unknown' is ridiculous.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #12
country flag pesto

pesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like Castle or the Lloyds, and can't help wondering about the nature of the alleged "personal problems" which cannot be mentioned.

Gargantuan prick as Castle is, there has to be something that prompted him to make that comment.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #13
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Don't like either of these two. Though I find it amusing John grassed him up to his brother
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #14
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post

Barker only watches tennis like 3 times a year. The amount of times she's called top 50 players 'unknown' is ridiculous.
At least Barker won a grand slam (LOL must of been an uber weak era).

Castles best career achievement was making the Quarter Final of Queens. LOL.

argument.
Quote:

Old 06-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #15
country flag TheBigFourFTW

TheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At least Barker won a grand slam (LOL must of been an uber weak era).

Castles best career achievement was making the Quarter Final of Queens. LOL.
Career record 22–57 (27.85% at ATP Tour, Grand Prix tour, WCT tour, and Grand Slam level, and in Davis Cup)
Career titles 0
1 Challenger
Highest ranking No. 80 (13 June 1988)

Don't mess with the GOAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Kyrgios defeats Nadal 7-6 (7-5) 5-7 7-6 (7-5) 6-3 in 4 sets.
TheBigFourFTW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote