Wimbledon 2013: May the best be with you, Rafael. - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-25-2013, 03:09 AM   #61
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon 2013: May the best be with you, Rafael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne znam ali mozda View Post
So this is end for Wimbledon? We must get used to see him losing first rounds every year, right? Djokovic doesn't play warm-up tournaments too, and Rafa is cleary better grass court player than Djokovic. I don't know what is the problem with Rafa on grass, his doctor said his knees are OK. what happend again? I mean he will play same tournaments next year, and after RG will he lose R1 of Wimbledon again? Shocks become normal, and i hate this.
Surely losing two consecutive years in R1 and R2 was quite unexpected. It was a combination of things such as lack of preparation, lack of confidence in is shots, and opponents who played out of their skin. Rafa's movement was certainly hampered, I think he is just being much more cautious after what happened to him last year.

The most important thing now is to be healthy, practice, and finish the year strong. If he wins some more titles his confidence will grow.

Just don't lose faith, Rafa will be back

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #62
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Spanish journalist Rafael Plaza (https://twitter.com/Rafael_Plaza) reports that Nadal played after being treated with anti-inflammatories as the knee was bothering him in the practices of the last days before the Wimbledon debut.
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #63
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosRafaNadal View Post
Spanish journalist Rafael Plaza (https://twitter.com/Rafael_Plaza) reports that Nadal played after being treated with anti-inflammatories as the knee was bothering him in the practices of the last days before the Wimbledon debut.
it is tragic that the knee always got him after the clay season, but may be it is also lucky, coz at least it was ok during the clay season and allowed him to win his 12th slams

anyway, injured or not, i think he would better not to mention it, even though if it is true, but this "he only lost when he was injured theory" would not get him any sympathy from his haters. Even as a fan, it is getting tired for me, not that i have no sympathy but that every one would get tired for the same old things

lets wish him the best and that he does not have to sideline for a long time like last year

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #64
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Alright then, let's hope they can get the inflammation under control quickly and he can play the hard court season. He should definitely not play too much but I understand he wanted to play as much as possible when he was doing so well on clay.
And let's not forget, at least we have one more IW title.

Last edited by MariaV : 06-25-2013 at 08:24 AM.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #65

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
it is tragic that the knee always got him after the clay season, but may be it is also lucky, coz at least it was ok during the clay season and allowed him to win his 12th slams

anyway, injured or not, i think he would better not to mention it, even though if it is true, but this "he only lost when he was injured theory" would not get him any sympathy from his haters. Even as a fan, it is getting tired for me, not that i have no sympathy but that every one would get tired for the same old things

lets wish him the best and that he does not have to sideline for a long time like last year
I am confident he will be playing in Montreal. Nadal's physic is not as it was on his prime years, and his clay schedule is hard and demanding so he can't resist the huge effort that it supposes these days. Since his comeback he has played lots of tournaments, more than he probably should but it was the only way to be in the good competition rythm again. Going to Wimbledon without preparation was not a good sign.

As you say his knee situation is tough... it is a permanent problem and some haters can understand that.

Now he will rest, he has time to do it and prepare for the HC season. I think Nadal will have a good second part of the season this year.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee

Last edited by VamosRafaNadal : 06-25-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #66
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your optimicism, i still blame him for playing too much clay events. Top players like Roger and Nole only play 2-3 warm up before FO while he played 4

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Alright then, let's hope they can get the inflammation under control quickly and he can play the hard court season. He should definitely not ptlay too much but I understand he wanted to play as much as possible when he was doing so well on clay.
And let's not forget, at least we have one more IW title.
Agree, it is difficult to stop when you are in a good streak. Clay season is his most important part of the season and he gives everything he has. This year his physic was not as good as last years and he had lot of matches on his legs after the South American clay season. Resting in Halle's week was good but probably not enough. He will have time now to relax and prepare for the HC season. He won't find courts as slow and high bouncing as in Indian Wells so he will have to work on the movement and preparation of the shots on hard, taking care that the mainly part of thr power in every shot is on his right knee instead of his left knee (something he has changed since his comeback).

Greetings Maria!

Old 06-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
thanks for your optimicism, i still blame him for playing too much clay events. Top players like Roger and Nole only play 2-3 warm up before FO while he played 4
Definitely it is tough to say. He plays too much matches in only a few weeks, being clay a very physical demanding surface. If he doesn't want to loose his peak level after RG he should play less matches but as he is the best clay courter I can't see him avoiding clay tournaments in the part of the season that he likes the most. By the way, the most important tournament is Barcelona in my opinion It is absolutely necesary to play there because I am attending every year

Last edited by VamosRafaNadal : 06-25-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #69
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Pity. But i was more shocked last year than this year. Of course I probably will not much tennis until Rafa comes back.

I noticed in the match yesterday he was limping between some points, at first I thought I was imagining things but obviously not.

Get better soon, Rafa, if you feel OK, I definitely recommend a clay tournament before US summer season, maybe Hamburg then probably skip one of Montreal or Cincy?
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #70

Maybe we should get used to the fact that Nadal is not in his prime and he can't keep his level always high even if we are talking about Wimbledon. The finals streak was amazing but it had to end in a certain moment, unfortunately this moment was Wimbledon.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Pity. But i was more shocked last year than this year. Of course I probably will not much tennis until Rafa comes back.

I noticed in the match yesterday he was limping between some points, at first I thought I was imagining things but obviously not.

Get better soon, Rafa, if you feel OK, I definitely recommend a clay tournament before US summer season, maybe Hamburg then probably skip one of Montreal or Cincy?
I was more shocked after the last year defeat too. He didn't look good in the second set. He didn't want to talk about the knee yesterday because he knows that people interpret it as an excuse but it probably was the reason why he couldn't play in Halle and get a good preparation for the grass season.

We will see what his schedule is for the resto of the season, I cannot wait to know it.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #72
country flag ne znam ali mozda

ne znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for you VamosRafaNadal, but when he skipped Barcelona, it was his best year so far, 2010. (won 3 GS) He plays a lot, and he have nothing left in tank after RG. He proved himself on clay, I would rather him winning Wimbledon instead of Roland Garros again. I hope next year he skippes some tournaments where need to, and be ready for Wimbledon.

Our argument which is ''he is not just clay court player'' is getting weaker and weaker every year. Sadly.
ne znam ali mozda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #73
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa needed a pre grass tour before wimbledon, he needs to concentrate on the hard season now.
I was sad he needed at least to try more especially in the third set break point but nothing will change what happened and it's only tennis...
................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #74
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post

I was thinking the exact same thing. A win in Hamburg will give him so much confidence for the US Open series and the US Open itself!

Stay strong, Rafa fans, good times are ahead of us

Rafa winning at least one slam in 10 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #75
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne znam ali mozda View Post
Sorry for you VamosRafaNadal, but when he skipped Barcelona, it was his best year so far, 2010. (won 3 GS) He plays a lot, and he have nothing left in tank after RG. He proved himself on clay, I would rather him winning Wimbledon instead of Roland Garros again. I hope next year he skippes some tournaments where need to, and be ready for Wimbledon.

Our argument which is ''he is not just clay court player'' is getting weaker and weaker every year. Sadly.
Yep i agree with this. 2010 was a year that really was an amazing year. Even though it wasnt like 2008 but i pick that year as his 2nd best year for sure. I think he should've skipped a couple of clay tournaments and just at least play one grass tournament.

But yes our Rafa is stubborn as usual.