Is "Old" Nadal a step slower these days? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #61
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Nadal a step slower these days?

I don't think so.

As many Rafa fans and Nole fans have frequently said about Federer: Federer is playing his best tennis, so of course Rafa will only get faster and better until he reaches his peak and best tennis at 32 yo.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #62
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Joke aside,

Rafa is the only tennis player who does not get tired.

And his speed of recovery is astonishing. He can play 5 setters back to back to back matches with ease.

Basically, if you can't straight set Nadal, then you are in big trouble, because while you get tired over 5 sets, Rafa is fresh as a daisy at the end of 5 hours match.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #63
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
As many Rafa fans and Nole fans have frequently said about Federer: Federer is playing his best tennis
Actually is Roger who repeatedly has said that in the last years. Are you call him liar? Delusional maybe?

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #64
country flag atennisfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
Nadal gets faster as technology advances. Players today hit harder, run faster, can go for 9 hours in matches without getting tired, ... I wonder why ... hm... Maybe it's diet and training.
It's a combination of diet, training, enough sleep/rest, and modern vitamins and minerals.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #65
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's a combination of diet, training, enough sleep/rest, and modern vitamins and minerals.
And genetics too. Nadal comes from a family of renowned athletes. Generally in the past when someone had a slightly effeminate son they headed ​​him to play tennis. Fortunately Rafa has changed a bit this view. He is one of the first true great athletes to play the game after Boris Becker and Björn Borg.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 06-23-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #66
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Actually is Roger who repeatedly has said that in the last years. Are you call him liar? Delusional maybe?
What do you expect him to say? "I'm just a shadow of my former self"?
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #67
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
What do you expect him to say? "I'm just a shadow of my former self"?
So he is lying. I guess there is a middle way, right?

"My level is not the same it was some years ago but I'm still good enough to continue competing and enjoying the game."

Something like that.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 06-23-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #68
country flag juan77

juan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond reputejuan77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but only until the QFs of a slam. From the semi finals onward, he is an unstoppabe speed-bot
juan77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #69
country flag atennisfan

Quote:

"My level is not the same it was some years ago but I'm still good enough to continue competing and enjoying the game."

Something like that.
Give me the direct, non-edited quote of Roger.

I do think Federer meant was playing his best tennis (at the situation, or at the current), and di not mean that he was his best tennis ever.

Talking about delusional and lying, what do you make of Nadal declaring every single time before a clay tournament:

"I am not the favorite, no?"
Old 06-23-2013, 07:39 AM   #70
country flag se7en

se7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond reputese7en has a reputation beyond repute

Dull is the greatest wounded athlete the world has ever witnessed. Defends like no one else from the baseline with fucked up knees. Imagine how he would be if the knees were 100%.
se7en is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #71
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Something like that.
If he would have said something like that after wining Wimbledon last year you would have called him arrogant. Saying something in the lines of "I'm playing some of my best tennis" which is clearly vague is much better than saying "I'm not playing so well" just after wining a tournament.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #72
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Talking about delusional and lying, what do you make of Nadal declaring every single time before a clay tournament:

"I am not the favorite, no?"
It's about his concept of due respect for his opponent, whoever he is. More interesting quote: "Favourite is a media stuff, I don't give a damn about who is the favourite. The winner will be the one who plays the best match, not the favourite."

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 06-23-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #73
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
Dull is the greatest wounded athlete the world has ever witnessed. Defends like no one else from the baseline with fucked up knees. Imagine how he would be if the knees were 100%.
True this. Incredible speed and stamina given his shattered knees. Most amazing human being in the history of mankind
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Quickly dumbtards, hand out bad reps so you can bad rep me again. It's been almost 24 hours!
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #74
country flag Pratik

Quote:
You chose quite a bad link. The title is misleading. But then you didn't read the entire article did you?

Quote:
I would hope I'm a better player today. I know what to expect from myself. I'm much stronger today physically, so I can always rely on that as well. Whereas in the past people knew or thought, ‘if you go past two hours on clay against Federer, he'll not get better from that point on, he'll get weaker.’

That's something I wanted to work on and have it where people thought the other way, I was going to get stronger after two hours. That's the mindset you have to have in training, that's when I went to work and that's why I'm the player I am today. I'm happy I was able to and find a way and be successful for a long period of time.
That too he is comparing with himself in 2002, not 2005-7.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #75
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
You chose quite a bad link. The title is misleading. But then you didn't read the entire article did you?

That too he is comparing with himself in 2002, not 2005-7.
This year:

Quote:
Q: Roger, if you had an upcoming match against a 2007 Roger Federer, what would your strategy be to win and how do you think you would fare?

A: Well first, I hope I'm a better player today than I was back then. I feel like I'm a more complete player today. Although my game hasn't changed much, my experience would allow me fewer mistakes and the ability to deal with challenges a little bit easier.

God is killing me