Mong Mong's Novel | The Preview in OP - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mong Mong's Novel | The Preview in OP

He doesn’t believe in God anymore.
God didn’t protect him.
God didn’t save his loved ones.
God did not bring justice.

Twenty seven years of age, he looked at the crucifix with devil’s eyes.

He swore into an oath longing for flesh and blood.

A cold fire burning his heart; his anger fueling the desire to kill.

He will murder them.

People who bullied him.
People who hurt him.
People who abused him.
People who molested him.

They stole his life.
They stole his dreams.
They stole his dignity.
They stole his soul.

They killed his family.
His mother
His father
His brothers

They killed his friends.
They killed his loved ones.
The man of his dream.
The man of his desires.

What is justice?
What is revenge?

How far should justice be served?
How far should revenge go?

A heart filled with hate, lies a battle for a conscience: a conscience divided by reasoning and emotions.

This is his conquest, a diabolical pursuit.
Acceptable? According to him, it is rightfully so.

WTA Royalties
Queen Maria Sharapova 1-2-1-1-S-32 | Princess Petra Kvitova 2- 12

Last edited by Mong Mong : 07-14-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Mong Mong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mong Mong Asks About Anything | Question #1 is OP

Why do you bum Snow?
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

You do realise the meaning behind the word mong dont you?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mong Mong Asks About Anything | Question #1 is OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
You do realise the meaning behind the word mong dont you?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Yes, it's my nickname.

WTA Royalties
Old 06-23-2013, 12:39 AM   #5
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Question About Murder (A Novel Idea)?

Simply count the number of people that get murdered in the novel and use that number in the title. Otherwise people will be confused.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #6
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mong Mong View Post
Okay since I can't wait to share my ideas, and my creative thought is short lived. I have to ask this question now

I am writing a novel. The theme is murder as revenge.

I am though having a problem about coming up with a good title for it.

I know it is going to be " ______ Casualties ", with the title being the number of people the main protagonist kills.

So, what number sounds good with Casualties?

Example: Three Casualties, Five Casualties, Nine Casualties, Or should it be something like 4 Casualties with the number is a digit?

Or it could be "X Casualties", meaning we don't know how many people he kills yet?
I don't like the idea of using the word "casualties" anyway to replace deaths. It sounds too much like pleasant old man wearing sweaters scented with lily perfume.

You need something darker, scarier.

And a good number is 7, if it's not cliche to yuo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Nothing wrong with my serve technically
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:37 AM   #7
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I say not to worry about the title too much right now. How far are you into writing your novel? I'm sure by the end it will speak to you! Use a title that best defines your story, don't make the story reflect a pre-determined title. Keep focus on developing the characters and the story you want to tell. Let your imagination take you there gradually. You'll know when it's right!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney

Last edited by TravelingFanGirl : 06-23-2013 at 03:39 AM.
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:27 AM   #8
country flag Mong Mong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingFanGirl View Post
I say not to worry about the title too much right now. How far are you into writing your novel? I'm sure by the end it will speak to you! Use a title that best defines your story, don't make the story reflect a pre-determined title. Keep focus on developing the characters and the story you want to tell. Let your imagination take you there gradually. You'll know when it's right!
I am almost done with the synopsis of the novel. I hope I can share the whole thing with you guys

Thanks.

WTA Royalties
Old 06-23-2013, 05:37 AM   #9
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Sixteen Casualties (nice ring to it, like Sixteen Candles )

your protagonist is very vengeful indeed

good luck.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
country flag Mong Mong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Sixteen Casualties (nice ring to it, like Sixteen Candles )

your protagonist is very vengeful indeed

good luck.
Thank you.

WTA Royalties
Old 06-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #11
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

9.5 Casualties

People might read your novel to see who -might- be a casualty.

All the best on your Novel, try to avoid writers block getting to you. It's the bane of all writers. Keep us up to date on your progress
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #12
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Write the entire novel/book. THEN pick the title. It's no hurry really. Personally I think the word casualities is better used for wars and accidents. It denotes a loss more than anything else.

Here it sounds like you are dealing with revenge/vengeance and then kills/deaths/victims might be better options. But only you know the content so that's why you probably should set the title as well.
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:31 PM   #13
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

How about "Indefinite.....Casualties".

Then on the dust cover tell prospective buyers that they can delete the word indefinite and fill in the number. Supply a pencil with every copy.

Best of luck.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #14
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

For my taste the title needs to have something enigmatic about it, something unexpected that raises interest. For example:

0 Casualties (because they all deserved to die)
1 Casualties (because the murder is the real victim of his hatred)
13 1/3 Casualties (14th victim survives or one victim was pregnant or the like)

Good luck!

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:15 AM   #15
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
13 1/3 Casualties (14th victim survives or one victim was pregnant or the like)
lolwut?

This made me do a double-take. A baby is 1/3rd of a person?

Along these lines, perhaps the novel should be set in the pre-Civil War American south and be titled "7 3/5 Casualties," in which one of the victims is a black slave attempting to cast a vote.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote