News & Articles about Grigor - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-31-2013, 03:21 AM   #211
country flag Cecig

Cecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: News & Articles about Grigor

The last part:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...-Dimitrov.aspx

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2013, 04:29 PM   #212
country flag tennishawkeye
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

tennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22704952

Not a big article but it is good to see much more interest in him these days. Seems like more and more people are believing he could really challenge the top 4. He certainly has the talent.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #213
country flag Cecig

Cecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond repute

Press conference:

Quote:
Q. Tell us about how you felt in the match. Easy first set, and then it became a little bit more of a match?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: Obviously the conditions were very tough today. The court, it was raining all the time. I mean, it's never easy. I must say he played also good, good second set. I think I let him come into the match a little bit. I think he used opportunity to come back. Was up a break. I mean, overall, I think I was just ‑ I think I was just playing pretty average tennis, trying to win the points and, you know, cooperate with the weather best way possible and kept my composure good throughout the sets and felt good to the end of the match.

Q. In Madrid you played really well. How would you compare your form as of this week compared to a couple of weeks ago? And I guess looking up to the next round.

GRIGOR DIMITROV: I mean, it's different. I mean, it's different when you play a Masters event, best of three sets obviously, and then you come to a Grand Slam. Your mindset, everything you set up in a different way. I feel I'm playing good. I know I can bring a bit more steam into the game. I think I might need that the next round, obviously, so I'm just going to, you know, have doubles to play in the same time, so hopefully I can get a few things worked out before that. So I'm actually really looking forward to the next round. I mean, hopefully it's going to bring out the best out of me.

Q. You just played one set in the first round. Three sets today and short match. Do you think you have enough rhythm, your form already find the rhythm, before playing probably Djokovic?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: I mean, that's one of the things that I have been ‑ I have been obviously thinking about it. I didn't have so many sets to fight on, of course, and in a way that gives you an extra, extra boost in your ‑ and gives you a good level of energy coming into that match, knowing that, you know, you basically have more power than whoever I'm playing the next round, than your opponent.I mean, everything can happen obviously in that match. It's, I mean, you play against No.1 player in the world, it's ‑ of course it's pleasure in the same time, but, you know, you've got to do everything from yourself and you've got to do the best thing you can.

Q. What can you say about Lucas Pouille and his game?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: I haven't seen him, I mean, playing in general. I think he's pretty talented. He's playing well all over the court. You know, he uses his forehand well. I mean, of course, he's still, you know, upcoming and I think he has a bright future. That's the one thing that is for sure. The other thing is just keep working on the right things and, you know, he'll be good.

Q. I just want to know if you have a routine when it's raining and when you're back in the locker room.

GRIGOR DIMITROV: Well, I mean, obviously it's never easy, never easy. Coming on and off the court three times is never ‑you know, never much fun. I mean, what can you do? You just follow the things that you have done, the practice before and everything. There's not something that is very specific that, you know, we do, but I'm just trying to follow everything. And that's the whole protocol, you know, before a match and everything. So that feels quite kind of good. And coming ‑‑ try to come out in the court the same way I came out. So it's a fine line. You have to find the right tuneup.

Q. No time maybe to relax or read or have some music?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: Well, that's, I mean, what we do, anyway. (Smiling.)

Q. You're often spoken of as part of a generation of young players who are emerging, others like Raonic and Janowicz and Tomic, for example. Excluding yourself, who else of sort of that group of players might be the first person to really make a breakthrough or go the furthest?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: Well, that's a tough question. I mean, I don't know. Obviously ‑ I mean, I know all the guys that are on the tour and, you know, the young guys, us, the young guys, I think all of us have, I mean, chance to, you know, break in as everybody, as everyone else. So that's ‑ I can't name one guy in particular, because, I mean, all of us are having I think great ‑ sort of a great results lately. And, I mean, but I also ‑ I don't pay much attention to what, you know, the others are doing. I'm not trying to follow or see what the others are doing or playing, so that's maybe one of the other things for me.

Q. What's it really like to be playing Djokovic and have a chance to get in the fourth round?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: I mean, it's a great feeling, obviously. I'm going to smile coming out on the court. That's the one thing. Smiling won't win the match. (Smiling.) It's a great feeling, and again, it's the third round. Definitely on a big court. Good odds, I mean, for everything. So, you know, most important thing is just to, you know, to go out there obviously and just try to of course try to enjoy the game. And in the same time I'm really looking forward to play at my best. And you never know what's going to happen. But, I mean, I don't think I can explain the feeling, you know, going out on court and being able to compete.

Q. What do you like the most about playing on a really big court?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: Well, everything. You have more space to run, obviously. You know, it's more crowded, and I think the whole flare in the air, you just feel it. It's a big thing. It's a big court. Obviously things are coming also to you, as well, and you try to do the best you can and obviously brings you good thoughts.

Q. Compared to a year ago playing on clay, how have you improved your game? And I'm thinking about your Swedish coaches, because they're of course masters of clay. What have you learned specifically on this surface?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: Well, I have been practicing a lot indoors, practicing a lot indoors. Yeah, believe it or not. (Smiling.)

Q. No clay?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: No. Indoor hard. I grew up on clay. I mean, I grew up on clay. That was my first surface, obviously. But, you know, coming into Good to Great was definitely a step for me. That raised up my level in many ways. And since the clay court season was open, we actually spent a lot of hours on the clay now. There you go. Yeah, I mean, we have been just working pretty hard and, you know, trying to improve every day, and, you know, kind of basic things. So, yeah.

Q. But nothing special, sliding, more cross, more spin?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: No.

Q. The usual?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: The usual.

Q. We're doing questions from fans to players. This question is not from me. I'm just being a relay. How do you think you would rank in a contest of sexiest tennis player on tour?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: You're seriously going to ask me that?

Q. I just did. I'm relaying it and waiting for your answer.

GRIGOR DIMITROV: You want me to rank what?

Q. Yourself.

GRIGOR DIMITROV: Myself?

Q. How do you think you would rank in sexiest tennis player contest?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: Why don't you ask the people? Why are you asking me? How can I put myself out of the top 3 then? Tell me. (Laughter.)

Old 06-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #214
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Interview after the Novak match

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...163752661.html

Quote:
Q. Didn't feel like maybe you had your best rhythm today? Was it down to the pressure he put on you, or was it more yourself?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: First of all, I'm going to congratulate Novak for the great play today. Obviously he came like a champion and finished like a champion. What can I say? Of course I'm not satisfied with my game. I mean, I'm not gonna hide that, obviously. Tough going out on this, on such a court for first time. You know, didn't quite find a rhythm. But, you know, no excuses. Good tournament for me in general. Of course I would have loved things to have been a different way a little bit. Now the clay is over, looking forward for the grass and hopefully many more excitements to come and many more matches like that.

Q. There was a lot of expectation on this match, people calling it blockbuster of the day. Do you feel it's still a learning process for you to come on to these big matches, big stages, and still not feeling very comfortable?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: I think also it's a way about talking about experience. It's my first time into the third round and playing against such a player. Of course it's never easy and you're putting a lot of pressure on yourself and you're looking forward to kind of make the surprise or whatever it is. That's not the point to me, and that's never been point. Of course everyone is going to say, well, that's going to be the match of the day or whatever and these things. You can't avoid that, in general. You know, I'm happy that I went through this match. I'm pretty pleased with it in a way that ‑ of course not my game, but I'm pretty pleased with the experience that I had. And, well, I probably certainly know something else for maybe next time, and I'm going to bring something new. Going to try to get the positive out of it.

Q. If you talk about Djokovic's game compared to Madrid, do you feel something is different, tougher than in Spain?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: I mean, there it's different conditions obviously. Different altitude out there. I mean, it's best of three sets. I mean, obviously has more experience, and he really played I think quite a decent game today. He played enough to beat me. And, you know, we had ‑ you know, he's potential threat on any surface and any tournament. Obviously. He's the No. 1 in the world. All the credit to him today. Definitely all the credit to him. And, I mean, what else can I say? I think that the rest would...

Q. I remember that you played a great Queen's tournament. Even though that you play topspin, you are a great player in all surfaces. Do you expect something in Wimbledon or for the next months?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: Well, I expect, you know, to ‑ I expect a lot of things. That's the one thing that is for sure. The thing is I don't have to put, I mean, too much pressure on myself and neither on my game. The only thing I can do better is work maybe harder or try to do something else in order to be more consistent in all the matches. If I have the overview this year, so far I've been ‑‑ the tournaments I have been playing I have only been losing to top 10 guys with the exception of a few tournaments. Not much I can do about that. That's good experience. It's a good way to go through. Of course you had a couple of lectures here and there. I think you have to go through that. The grass is coming. I'm excited about the grass. But, you know, just try to stay healthy. And going to England always brings back good memories to me.

Q. You kept saying "such a court." How different such a court is from regular courts? How hard are the conditions out there?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: You try to hit the ball harder, but the size of the court is the same. It was just different, I must say. Of course I felt, you know, happy going out on this court, but it was just different. I felt really uncomfortable the first couple of games. It's just a big stadium. Never been there. Never even practice on that court. I mean, it's good that this thing happened in that way. I'm going to know something else for the future. Again, I'm not going to try to find ‑ I have no excuses for today. He overplayed over me, obviously. And you've got to kind of learn from it and sort of try to avoid sort of the mistakes I did today.

Q. How about the wind? And do these courts ‑ are they an advantage to faster, quick players such as Novak and the best players in the world?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: I think this court plays a bit faster than the others. But, I mean, obviously, take example, top 10 guys that are playing here, everyone is playing their game. But in a way, you know ‑ I don't think this surface is particular for one player. I mean, all of them have had good results here, and, you know, with their game. The pace is absolutely different. No comparison. First match I played on Court 17, and next thing you know, I'm coming in front of 17,000 people. It's absolutely different situation. More room to run, more room to slide, and, you know, I just really didn't feel comfortable today, I must say. But, hey, I mean, at least I tried to maybe change something in the third set which I felt that ‑ or I was getting a bit into a rhythm, but I think also in a way was too late and he was too much in control of the game.

Q. Did you already suffer from your shoulder at the beginning of the game?

GRIGOR DIMITROV: I was a bit in the previous days, but, I mean, it's nothing serious. That was just a thing to go through the match.

Q. But in your first serve at the end of the game...

GRIGOR DIMITROV: I was not serving 100%, that's true. But, I mean, in a way I also needed to save the shoulder, as well. I mean, I have doubles to play tomorrow, as well. Let's see how that would go.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #215
country flag Cecig

Pippa Middleton Impressed with Bulgarian Rising Star Dimitrov

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=151019

jeje watch out Maria!

Old 06-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #216
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Look like Grigor has a Twitter account for a month now.
https://twitter.com/GrigorDimitrov

It says it's verified.

He's not doing much on it though, is he?
Old 06-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #217
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

yes, I follow him already
but no, no tweets

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #218
country flag Cecig

Yep, he post in Facebook but not in Twitter

Old 06-18-2013, 10:48 PM   #219
country flag litb

litb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing new really, but nice interview
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...mself.21364240
I myself am tired of those nicknames. And if it was OK to be called babyfed, now i'm hearing more and more of "sharapova's boyfriend" or "mr. sharapova" and so on (which is inevitable, isn't it). This.must.stop. The only way is to begin playing big games and stand for himself as said in the article
litb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #220
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Picking up more fans at the Boodles http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...Wimbledon.html

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #221
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting comment about Grigor in Serena's Rolling Stone interview. It could be the interviewer made the wrong assumption and given the controversy over Serena's comments about the Steubenville assault, it will probably go unnoticed anyway.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...0130618?page=3
Quote:
"There are people who live, breathe and dress tennis. I mean, seriously, give it a rest." Serena exits the car and the conversation moves on to a top-five player who is now in love. "She begins every interview with 'I'm so happy. I'm so lucky' – it's so boring," says Serena in a loud voice. "She's still not going to be invited to the cool parties. And, hey, if she wants to be with the guy with a black heart, go for it." (An educated guess is she's talking about Sharapova, who is now dating Grigor Dimitrov, one of Serena's rumored exes.)

Last edited by Hypnotize : 06-19-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #222
country flag litb

litb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond reputelitb has a reputation beyond repute

I was really surprised to see the article in a quite reputable bg news site but if its in RS then probably isn't a hoax. Grisho.. I always thought that that serena thing wasn't much of a truth... apparently was wrong. Now is all over the net (mostly twitter) and some people are expecting masha's reaction.Really hope there isn't such and things go by peacefully
Old 06-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #223
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Originally Posted by litb View Post
I was really surprised to see the article in a quite reputable bg news site but if its in RS then probably isn't a hoax. Grisho.. I always thought that that serena thing wasn't much of a truth... apparently was wrong. Now is all over the net (mostly twitter) and some people are expecting masha's reaction.Really hope there isn't such and things go by peacefully
Not sure why you're facepalming this. Breakups are never easy and all it tells us is that Serena is bitter that it ended. They should also remain private so it was stupid and immature of Serena to say that in an interview as it makes her look worse than him. Even the remark about the other player "not being invited to the cool parties" is something a teenage schoolgirl would say.

I like Serena but she talks a lot of shit sometimes and she comes across as an attention-seeker. Between this and the Steubenville comment, this interview was hardly her finest hour.

Last edited by Hypnotize : 06-19-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #224
country flag litb

Facepalming because i'm hearing more and more about his private life and less and less about his tennis - should definitely be vice versa! And yes, the comment about the girl is faar more ugly than the sharapova's part, but thats offtopic
Old 06-20-2013, 03:25 AM   #225
country flag Cecig

jeje

Last edited by Cecig : 06-20-2013 at 07:28 PM.