Carlos considers 2002 has been his best season ever... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-06-2002, 10:44 PM   #1
Nacho

Nacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond reputeNacho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Carlos considers 2002 has been his best season ever...

In spite of not having even reached a GS final, he thinks 2002 has been his best year

Frankly I think he had much more success in 1998 (he won Roland Garros & Montecarlo, and also was a RU at the Master, plus the semifinals at the US Open)

However if you compare the win/loss records you get:

1998: 49-31 (61% won)

2002: 59-21 (74% won)

So Carlos has probably played a better tennis this season, but his results were worse (especially at the Grand Slams) What do you think? Which Carlos was better? 1998 or 2002?
Nacho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2002, 11:57 PM   #2
Vera

Vera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond reputeVera has a reputation beyond repute

I think he is actually better in 2002. His game is more complete and he is more confident (well, at least in the latter part of the season bcos I didn't get to see much of him at the early season.) His game this year is such a beauty to watch.

But if you just look at the result, it's definitely 1998 bcos of two major title and an appearance in the Grand Slam Cup final.

Anyway, IMO, he's better in 2002.
Vera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 02:57 AM   #3
country flag Jorge

Jorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond repute

well, if he thinks that, then must be truth.
Now let's hope that the 2003 will be even better!

¡Vamos Carles, el 2003 es tu año!
Jorge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 01:42 PM   #4
claudine140

claudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond reputeclaudine140 has a reputation beyond repute

I think his season this year was the best season if you look to his win loss records... He was more regular in his game and played very aggressiv
But indeed during the grand slams he was not at his best, he didn't play in wimbledon because of an injury. But when you looked at his draw this year and than compair it with his draw in 1998 you will see he beated much better players during his matches in the grand slams this year. He had much easier draws in 1998 during the slams.
But he reaches two super nine finals: Monaco and Cincinatti which he won. So that is good isn't it and he won three other tournements.

VAMOS MOYKE !!!!!
UNA SALUTA

Claudine :bounce
claudine140 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2002, 09:38 PM   #5
RogiFan

RogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I like him better in 2002!! I think he did very well and his stats look good! Just keep going, Charly!! Vamos en 2003!!
RogiFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote