SI dares to claim: Serena can be compared with Federer in GOAT discussion - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #61
country flag sco

sco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SI dares to claim: Serena can be compared with Federer in GOAT discussion

IMO, it's disgusting that all these "experts" are announcing Serena as the GOAT. What the hell happened to Evert (18GSs), Martina (18), Margaret Court (24) and Graf (22) compared to Serena's (16)? Who's Serena's paltry competition? The women's game is a joke. It's disgusting that the women get as much money as the men. Whatever happened to "equal pay for equal WORK"? And this is coming from a woman.
sco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #62
country flag djb84xi

djb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SI dares to claim: Serena can be compared with Federer in GOAT discussion

As a Serena Williams fan, I will say that comparing her with Federer is a bit strong. While she might end up winning more slams than Federer, there are quite a number of achievements Roger has, that she is certain not to reach. With that said, I think with a couple more slams, Serena, for me, would be the greatest female player of all time.

Before I leave, I wanna point out that some of these comments are really uncalled for. Whether you do or don't agree with what Sports Illustrated said, you take it up with them, but don't show such nasty disrespect towards Serena, a player that has worked her ass off to get where she is and do what she's done over the course of her career, despite everything she's dealt with. Some of you really need to grow up and move past these silly, childish comments.
There are times, rare moments, when the greatest of champions fall. Maybe because of a bad day or maybe there's pain within. One thing you can be sure of, is that all the great champions will bounce back again. It may not be today. It may not be tomorrow. But one day, they'll be back again. And they'll be better than ever. Why??? Because that's what great champions do. They survive.
djb84xi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #63
country flag fivebargate

fivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RForehand View Post
She would lose to any top 1000 Player
At *least*.
fivebargate is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:19 PM   #64
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Of course not. Serena has the golden slam in singles. Roger can't compete.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #65
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamed View Post
You've forgotten Djokovic, Murray, Soderling and Safin.

Also Azarenka, Radwanska, Zvonareva, Safina, and Jankovic.
lol minor omissions hahahah

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #66
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Of course not. Serena has the golden slam in singles. Roger can't compete.
only steffi has the golden slam, men and women
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #67
country flag fivebargate

fivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond reputefivebargate has a reputation beyond repute

Also, Serena has finally showed some late dedication to her craft....finally getting in better shape and putting aside off-court distractions....but she may have left it too late to ever challenge Graf in the GOAT race....time will tell. You know the implications of this though, right. First we say Serena is greater than Graf....then we broach the subject that "hmmm....maybe Pete *was* the GOAT after all...let's throw out the numbers and records and have a rethink".
fivebargate is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #68
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

That is so stupid to compare Federer to Serena. Why do they then move Roger to WTA and Serena to ATP ? Then will see how many GS Fed would win and how many Serena will have. Why do they do not compare Fed to Steffi Graf ? What do you think if Fed plays SF at FO vs Eranni BO3 sets? Who is going to win ? Maybe Serena is better than Sampras ? It is really stupid !!!
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:59 PM   #69
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
That is so stupid to compare Federer to Serena. Why do they then move Roger to WTA and Serena to ATP ? Then will see how many GS Fed would win and how many Serena will have. Why do they do not compare Fed to Steffi Graf ? What do you think if Fed plays SF at FO vs Eranni BO3 sets? Who is going to win ? Maybe Serena is better than Sampras ? It is really stupid !!!
Any of the guys would probably lose to Errani. They'd be too busy cracking up with laughter to remember to return the serve..

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #70
country flag Federeros

Federeros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond repute

it's just enough to ask Serena to hit some overheads, some volleys and some dropshots.... After calming youself down from laughing your ass off after watching this, you will never again discuss her Goatness
Federeros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #71
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federeros View Post
it's just enough to ask Serena to hit some overheads, some volleys and some dropshots.... After calming youself down from laughing your ass off after watching this, you will never again discuss her Goatness
She hits better overheads than our world number one

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #72
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb84xi View Post
As a Serena Williams fan, I will say that comparing her with Federer is a bit strong. While she might end up winning more slams than Federer, there are quite a number of achievements Roger has, that she is certain not to reach. With that said, I think with a couple more slams, Serena, for me, would be the greatest female player of all time.

Before I leave, I wanna point out that some of these comments are really uncalled for. Whether you do or don't agree with what Sports Illustrated said, you take it up with them, but don't show such nasty disrespect towards Serena, a player that has worked her ass off to get where she is and do what she's done over the course of her career, despite everything she's dealt with. Some of you really need to grow up and move past these silly, childish comments.
To me it seems her ass is only getting bigger. might be muscells though...
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #73
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

This is all sorts of wrong.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #74
country flag djb84xi

djb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond reputedjb84xi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
To me it seems her ass is only getting bigger. might be muscells though...
you know damn well what I meant. don't be funny, lol
There are times, rare moments, when the greatest of champions fall. Maybe because of a bad day or maybe there's pain within. One thing you can be sure of, is that all the great champions will bounce back again. It may not be today. It may not be tomorrow. But one day, they'll be back again. And they'll be better than ever. Why??? Because that's what great champions do. They survive.
djb84xi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #75
country flag Federeros

Federeros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond reputeFedereros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
She hits better overheads than our world number one
she hits overheads into the net even standing a foot behind it

Last edited by Federeros : 06-13-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Federeros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote