SI dares to claim: Serena can be compared with Federer in GOAT discussion - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #31
country flag JarkaFish
Banned!

JarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SI dares to claim: Serena can be compared with Federer in GOAT discussion

Tennis is literally the only sport where you'd see nonsense like this: No one is going around claiming Mia Hamm can be in the GOAT discussion with Pele and Maradona. No one is going around claiming whatever golf chick is in the GOAT discussion with Nicklaus and Woods. No one is going around claiming whatever basketball chick is in the GOAT discussion with Michael Jordan. Etc. Etc.

Women's sports are women's sports, if you want to call Serena/Graf/Navratilova/Evert/whoever the greatest female tennis player of all time than good for you; but the greatest tennis player of all time will always and forever be a man.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #32
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SI dares to claim: Serena can be compared with Federer in GOAT discussion

American magazine hyping American athlete... I'm shocked
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #33
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

That's supposed to be a joke, right?

In terms of greatness in sport, Serena is about equal to Dudi Sela, I'd say.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #34
country flag tennis elbow

tennis elbow has a reputation beyond reputetennis elbow has a reputation beyond reputetennis elbow has a reputation beyond reputetennis elbow has a reputation beyond reputetennis elbow has a reputation beyond reputetennis elbow has a reputation beyond reputetennis elbow has a reputation beyond reputetennis elbow has a reputation beyond reputetennis elbow has a reputation beyond reputetennis elbow has a reputation beyond reputetennis elbow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefwhit View Post
Honest question for everyone to ponder: if you had to pick one player at their respective peak to face off and play someone on tour for your life or for a loved ones life who would you chose to play that match for you- Serena or Federer? (At the time u have to decide you don't know their opponent or surface, but the players recognize the importance of the match and know the stakes)
So, I am assuming you would pick Serena out, right? And then, if her opponent turns out to be Djokovic, how silly that would have been? And if you think that having Djokovic as the opponent is not fair because Serena does not play in the ATP, so you have to agree that comparing a male player's career to a female's is also very silly...
tennis elbow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #35
country flag JarkaFish
Banned!

JarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
She is only dominant because the best WTA players are useless mugs like Azarenka and Sharapova. Nose has to face Nadal, Djokovic and Murray - players who are not afraid of him and have the movement, defense and stamina to destroy him. Remind me who on WTA is a great mover, defender, has a good attacking game and is not a mental midget? Precisely. Serena is feasting on mugs, just like Nose would be without Nadal/Djoker/Mugray.
Come on TSD, haven't you seen Errani and her 80 MPH first serves?
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #36
country flag Gladiator

Gladiator has a reputation beyond reputeGladiator has a reputation beyond reputeGladiator has a reputation beyond reputeGladiator has a reputation beyond reputeGladiator has a reputation beyond reputeGladiator has a reputation beyond reputeGladiator has a reputation beyond reputeGladiator has a reputation beyond reputeGladiator has a reputation beyond reputeGladiator has a reputation beyond reputeGladiator has a reputation beyond repute

I think of ATP and WTA as different leagues and can't compare the two. It's like comparing the ATP with the Junior boys. No matter what a junior boy wins we can't compare him with the ATP!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #37
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer in 2 View Post

Disgrace for you to mention the great Dudi Sela in comparison to Mugrena mate.

Sela is great.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #38
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

There's not much point in comparing ATP and WTA. Federer will obviously never match Graf's stats.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #39
country flag HoorayBeer

HoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond reputeHoorayBeer has a reputation beyond repute

As of right now Federer has the best Open Era resume of the men while Serena is still behind Everett,Nav,Graff.

I don't think its out of the realm of possibility though to suggest that when it's all said and done her hierachy rank in women's tennis could be higher then Federer since she looks like she could still add a few more Slams to her cabinet while Federer's window might be closed and Nadal has a shot to surpass him.
HoorayBeer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #40
country flag AliceMariaRenka

AliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond reputeAliceMariaRenka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer in 2 View Post

What a load of shit. Serena has 16 Grand Slam singles titles; doubles titles; Olympic Gold Medals; and is one of the most famous women on the planet.

Aga; Ana; Maria; Vika. Come on Caroline, prove everyone wrong!

Andy, Novak. Have a wonderful 2013!!

Roger Federer
AliceMariaRenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #41
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Let's compare the opponents they both had to play in Slam finals during their peak:

Serena: Venus (7x), Hingis, Davenport, Henin and Sharapova (2x)
Federer: Philippoussis, Roddick (3x), Hewitt, 35 yo Agassi, Gonzalez, Baghdatis
and pre-peak Nadal (4x)

LOL

Serena > Federer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Then get him out of your avatar and sig talking about him like that, disgrace.
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Criticism of Federer = Thoughtcrime
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #42
country flag 70-68

70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute

How about comparing Serena to Graf, Navratilova, Evert, or Court?

Oh wait, there is no comparison, because she's got almost nothing over them. Just like she's got nothing over Federer.

Last edited by 70-68 : 06-13-2013 at 09:20 AM.
70-68 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #43
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Why compare men and women ? Serena is American, that's where this comes from.

I'd like to see an American journalist seriously compare Annika Sörenstam and Tiger Woods and saying that Sörenstam is the best golfer of the generation.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #44
country flag Roamed

Roamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond reputeRoamed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
Let's compare the opponents they both had to play in Slam finals during their peak:

Serena: Venus (7x), Hingis, Davenport, Henin and Sharapova (2x)
Federer: Philippoussis, Roddick (3x), Hewitt, 35 yo Agassi, Gonzalez, Baghdatis
and pre-peak Nadal (4x)

LOL

Serena > Federer
You've forgotten Djokovic, Murray, Soderling and Safin.

Also Azarenka, Radwanska, Zvonareva, Safina, and Jankovic.
Will Federer regain the #1 spot and break Sampras's record for most weeks at the top?

Roger // Rafa // Raonic // Söderling // Goffin // Ivo // Wawrinka // Baker // Delpo
Roamed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #45
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

omg this thread...

Johnbert is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote