There is no finish line... - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2013, 03:14 AM   #286
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is no finish line...

Man, I love this thread
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #287
country flag Federer4Everer

Federer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Federer has reached most ever weeks in top 2. Unbelievable! Here are a few more as-yet-unachieved records to cheer for:

1. Calendar years at #1 = 5 versus Sampras at 6

2. Won or lost to eventual champ in grand slams: Federer = 17 + 12 = 29, Lendl = 8 + 23 = 31

3. 76 singles titles versus 199 for Rod Laver (ATP and non-ATP), 109 for Connors (ATP), 94 for Lendl (ATP) and 77 for McEnroe (ATP)

4. Roger has won slams on 3 different surfaces once, but Wilander and Nadal have done it twice

5. Singles gold at Olympics, Davis Cup for Switzerland, calendar year grand slam...
Federer4Everer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:46 AM   #288
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Federer has a huge record he is up for with the Benneteau match! First man ever to win 58 matches at Roland Garros!

If he wins, he'll become the first man since Jimmy Connors to lead in two grand slams, who leads at Wimbledon and at the US Open. First ever to lead the Australian Open and the French Open.

Federer's already tied Lendl for 40 consecutive GS appearances without losing in the first round. He's also still tied with Lendl for 35 consecutive 4R appearances (probably Lendl's greatest longevity personal record). Connors is in third with 32 consecutive 4R appearances, getting KOd by Seguso at Wimbledon in 1986. Aside from them, no one else is close.

Lendl's record ended with Carlos Bergstrom of Sweden who defeated him 6-4 6-4 2-6 6-4 in the first round of the 1993 Australian Open.

If Federer wins in the first round at Wimbledon and wins here vs Benneteau, it will mean the unification of *every* endurance record. There will no longer be a split between consecutive 'appearances' and consecutive outright for the 2R, 3R, 4R, QF, SF, F. The only one that Federer *doesn't* own is the W, which of course is Laver's, sadly.

Federer's also cruising for Wayne Ferriera's record as well for most consecutive appearances which he has a shot to tie at the USO presuming he stays healthy.

So at Wimbledon, the only consecutive records that will be up for grabs are the appearances and the 'not losing in the first round' record.

Federer's also sneaking up on Jimmy Connor's 59 wins on Clay surfaces at the Grand Slams, the most by a player who's primary surface wasn't Clay. He's currently fourth all time behind Vilas, Borg, Connors and then Federer.

Federer's also approaching 900 wins, he'll be the first in the unified tour era to reach that number. The last man to reach 900 wins was Lendl.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.

Last edited by JediFed : 05-31-2013 at 08:58 AM.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #289
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

This list tracks those players who remain active since Roger's slam participation streak began in AO 2000 - 13 years ago. With the retirement of Juan Carlos Ferrero that brings the active total to just 4 players out of the original draw of 128 players who remain active with ranking points.

Tommy Haas is the highest ranked player! He is also the second oldest, aside from Dupuis who will have ranking points until this September. Bastl played three times this year, all in Turkey futures. Dupuis lost in a South Korea challenger qualifying, though he did still win his first qualifying match. Okun has not played since the Davis Cup match.

Hewitt, Llodra and Haas are still around and doing well.

Tommy Haas - STILL ACTIVE - (14)
Michael Llodra - STILL ACTIVE - (55)
Lleyton Hewitt - STILL ACTIVE - (86)

Antony Dupuis - STILL ACTIVE - (1301) [September 10th, 2013] (3 RP)

Noam Okun (NR) STILL ACTIVE [February 1st 2013]
George Bastl (NR) STILL ACTIVE [May 13, 2013] 0 RP

Joseph Sirianni (NR) RETIRED

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #290
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Federer has a huge record he is up for with the Benneteau match! First man ever to win 58 matches at Roland Garros!
This is not correct. Vilas won 58 matches at RG. Federer has won 56 and is aiming for 57 today. He needs to reach the SF to better Vilas' mark.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:39 PM   #291
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #292
country flag Apophis

Apophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond repute

Nicola Pietrangeli also has 58 wins (see e.g. http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UakMMOcW3n4)
Apophis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:14 PM   #293
country flag JediFed

Interesting find. The neat part about this is that this record hasn't been challenged since 1989.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 06-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #294
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #295
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this is the right thread to post the following stats:

https://twitter.com/Sofia__RF/status...726081/photo/1
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #296
country flag SUKTUEN

Old 06-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #297
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I don't know if this is the right thread to post the following stats:

https://twitter.com/Sofia__RF/status...726081/photo/1
Here we go:
Old 06-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #298
country flag SUKTUEN

Old 06-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #299
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Here we go:
This is amazing, thanks. Now we have to wait the 1000!!!
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #300
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Title 77 today, up to equal 3rd with McEnroe.

It was also his 57th title outdoors, breaking the tie with Vilas and Connors on 56 and securing Roger the record on his own

Plus, he's now got 13 straight years of winning at least one title. He ties Connors there. Only Lendl (14) is better. He can tie him next year.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote