Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #346
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nick Kyrgios - Yes He Canberra

Quote:
Kyrgios, who is the top seed in the boys’ draw, won his first round match 64 64 over Maxime Janvier of France. But it wasn’t exactly a smooth day for the 18-year-old, who was challenged closely by Janvier.

“I went through some stages out there today we’re I was struggling a fair bit,” Kyrgios admitted. “I came out there pretty nervous because obviously there’s a lot of expectations this week. It’s obviously good to get through and I’m going to try to go out there with my best mentality next round.”
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...-the-pros.aspx

So he was pretty nervous. It must be weird going from having little expectations (at least from a media and tournament director perspective) to very high expectations as the number one seed.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #347
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkyrgios View Post
There are in the thread that StatRacket points out above. Mainly concerned with movement (which will be improved with time in the gym and overall development). But there are other stupid ludicrous claims like he hits with no topspin. LOL nick rips his forehand with heaps of topspin which is why he can hit it so hard and keep it in. The grunting and the emotion is part of his game, love or hate it. I think its an awesome aspect of his game and fits right in with his energetic and fiery character. Regardless of what is said, it was his first slam, he is 18 and the first set and start if the second was competitive against Cilic - with nick not playing at his best.
Ignore the ludicrous comments that people make in GM. Most of them will never ever dream of achieving what Nick has achieved and they're obviously going to criticize despite seeing nothing wrong because that's what they do. They hate.

I really love his battlecry, I said so earlier in here. It shows me how much he's into the game, how much he feels the tension.

I'm sure his second Grand Slam is going to be even better, since it's gonna be on a surface he likes more (Wimbledon?).
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #348
country flag Southend Aussies

Southend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not at all pissed! you said it how it was.

Simon Rae is coaching nick at the moment and has been, since about the start of the year so they it's an understatement to say they have been working pretty well together. Tennis Australia is in charge of Nicks scheduling and training at the moment so I guess it's fair to say they are heavily involved.
Same guy also coaches Alex Bolt. He is also involved with another player - and the name has alluded me. I was at West Lakes earlier this year and it was interesting how he coached Kyrgios and Bolt. Kyrgios just seemed to be able to understand and dictate more than Bolt. It's now showing in a big way on the court.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Singles Rank: (93); Career High (93)- Winner Como (CH) 2013, Mansfield (CH) 2013, Taipei City (CH) 2014.

Doubles Rank: (90); Career High (90) - Winner of Como (CH) 2013, Quimper (CH) 2014, Le Gosier (CH) 2014 with AussieAdz.

Semi Finalist in Queens and Bogota ATP.

Hopman Cup finalist in 2014.
Southend Aussies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #349

Southend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There are in the thread that StatRacket points out above. Mainly concerned with movement (which will be improved with time in the gym and overall development). But there are other stupid ludicrous claims like he hits with no topspin. LOL nick rips his forehand with heaps of topspin which is why he can hit it so hard and keep it in. The grunting and the emotion is part of his game, love or hate it. I think its an awesome aspect of his game and fits right in with his energetic and fiery character. Regardless of what is said, it was his first slam, he is 18 and the first set and start if the second was competitive against Cilic - with nick not playing at his best.
Federer and Nadal threads have the same stuff and they are greats of the game. It's part and parcel of the thread...

Singles Rank: (93); Career High (93)- Winner Como (CH) 2013, Mansfield (CH) 2013, Taipei City (CH) 2014.

Doubles Rank: (90); Career High (90) - Winner of Como (CH) 2013, Quimper (CH) 2014, Le Gosier (CH) 2014 with AussieAdz.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...-the-pros.aspx

So he was pretty nervous. It must be weird going from having little expectations (at least from a media and tournament director perspective) to very high expectations as the number one seed.
Plays doubles and singles tonight. Chilean Garin will be a major threat to him if both end uo facing each other.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:10 PM   #351
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Kyrgios saves match point at *5-6 in the breaker to even up his 2nd round juniors clash 2-6 7-6(6). His opponent served for the match at 5-4 (in games).
Old 06-03-2013, 12:19 PM   #352
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Khachanov has impressive game. It's surely a tough match.

Huh first lesson for Nick how to handle pressure... also very important . Tennis-wise he's above them all (though a few guys are also promising - Khachanov, Garin, Quinzi, this Spanish of double name Ivorra smth)

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #353
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Nick is out in the second round. I didn't think he'd win this tournament, but I thought he would definitely go deep. I know he doesn't have a great clay game, but I assumed his game would be much more mature than the other players' and that would be his advantage.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #354
country flag n8

I'd take 2nd round men's and 2nd round juniors over 1st round men's and boys' champion any day of the week.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #355
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing but it is a change of pace to go from Men's to Junior's. Thought Nick would have the game and experience to dig himself out of that match, just as the great player's do when faced with adversity when not playing well. Sometimes losses are good experience for future matches.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:57 AM   #356
country flag n8

Nick (and Wayne Montgomery) surprisingly went down in the doubles as well. Kind of works out for the best as now he can rest up before Nottingham next week. Plus he's already won Roland Garros boys' doubles anyway.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #357
country flag xkyrgios

xkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond reputexkyrgios has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nick (and Wayne Montgomery) surprisingly went down in the doubles as well. Kind of works out for the best as now he can rest up before Nottingham next week. Plus he's already won Roland Garros boys' doubles anyway.
I don't really know why he is still playing juniors at all....
Old 06-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #358
country flag n8

Quote:
Winning all four junior Grand Slams in one year would've been an amazing feat. And I guess he played doubles as well as he was going to be there anyway.

Even though he can no longer win the junior Grand Slam, I don't think Wimbledon juniors is such a bad idea either. The grass season is so short so he might as well gain experience on the surface while he can.

As for the boys' US Open event, well I don't see much reason to play it.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #359
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Even though he can no longer win the junior Grand Slam, I don't think Wimbledon juniors is such a bad idea either. The grass season is so short so he might as well gain experience on the surface while he can.
Did he get a Wild Card entry into the main Wimbledon tournament as well (just like RG)?

I can't wait to see what damage he can do on grass honestly.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #360
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Why don't you ask him or convince him otherwise? I know Romanian junior Patrick Ciorcila with whom I often talk on another forum has given up juniors and he's 16.