Who's Going? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #31
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
so you take the pics for bulldie and me right?
Maybe If we're at the same courts

Just booked my ticket. Very excited; hoping for decent weather!

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #32
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

weather will suck as every year
oh yeah you will escape from josh´court i guess

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #33
country flag grosjeanlol

grosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond reputegrosjeanlol has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
monday men, tuesday girls.
should end on thursday but sometimes the rain makes it friday or saturday
ok thanks, and there is no matchs on Sunday the 23rd June?

I come from France on Saturday the 22nd June so I hoped I could alredeay go to Wim to see some qualis...
grosjeanlol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #34
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grosjeanlol View Post
ok thanks, and there is no matchs on Sunday the 23rd June?

I come from France on Saturday the 22nd June so I hoped I could alredeay go to Wim to see some qualis...
Nope. (Unless, in the very extreme scenario that there is so much rain the days before that qualies are a total wash-out.) You can try to catch some training matches at Aorangi Park, but that place is not very accessible. I once got into the main venue the weekend before but that was really by chance (and stealth).

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers

Old 06-04-2013, 01:17 AM   #35
country flag PitsOfTheWorld

PitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond repute

Hypothetical question...hoping to get to Wimbledon sometime in the next couple of years--probably 2015 or 2016.

I put together a couple of possible itineraries/budgets. These are all within a few hundred dollars of one another.

1) Fly in from Chicago on the Tuesday of Qualies, catch the full Wednesday at Roehampton. Get Thursday and Friday to explore London (I studied in the UK a few years ago so I've seen some but there's always more to see), on Saturday take a cheap weekend train to Eastbourne for that final...then Monday/Tuesday, queue for Wimbledon...grounds pass one day, maybe show court the other (overnight). Fly back to Chicago Thursday.

2) fly in from Chicago on Saturday. Queue Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, hopefully getting show court one of those days, and trying to get resale show courts on one of the grounds pass days too. Fly back to Chicago Thursday. This is the cheapest option, but gives me zero free time in London aside from Sunday before getting in the queue.

3) fly in from Chicago on Saturday and going four days of the first week...with one free day in London on the day I don't go to Wimby. This is the most expensive option since show court tickets get pricier by Friday. Fly back to Chicago Saturday.

Right now I think it's probably between option 1 and option 3...though I'll also apply on the ballot as well to see if I can get any tickets that way.
"A tacit rhetorical assumption here is that you have very probably never heard of Michael Joyce of Brentwood, L.A... Nor of Vince Spadea nor Jonathan Stark...--all ranked in the world’s top one hundred at one point in 1995. Nor of Jeff Tarango, sixty-eight in the world, unless you remember his unfortunate psychotic breakdown in full public view during last year’s Wimbledon.

You are invited to try to imagine what it would be like to be among the hundred best in the world at something. At anything. I have tried to imagine; it’s hard."
--David Foster Wallace (), "Tennis Player Michael Joyce's Professional Artistry as a Paradigm of Certain Stuff about Choice, Freedom, Discipline, Joy, Grotesquerie, and Human Completeness"
PitsOfTheWorld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #36
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

These ground passes for which courts are available and how much are they?

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 135 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 58 (Best 58) - Won Sao Paulo (with stbanchile), Won Stockholm (with Hellcat)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 11:6 (ATP 2:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #37
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
These ground passes for which courts are available and how much are they?
well courts annexees. everyone except chartrier, lenglen, court 1

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #38
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

I will be there for Monday almost 100% sure, and maybe Tuesday, so if anyone is searching for company just PM to me

Tennis Tipping 2014

Doubles : 58 (Best 58) - Won Sao Paulo (with stbanchile), Won Stockholm (with Hellcat)

Finals CH

Old 06-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #39
MONSOON season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsOfTheWorld View Post
Hypothetical question...hoping to get to Wimbledon sometime in the next couple of years--probably 2015 or 2016.

I put together a couple of possible itineraries/budgets. These are all within a few hundred dollars of one another.

1) Fly in from Chicago on the Tuesday of Qualies, catch the full Wednesday at Roehampton. Get Thursday and Friday to explore London (I studied in the UK a few years ago so I've seen some but there's always more to see), on Saturday take a cheap weekend train to Eastbourne for that final...then Monday/Tuesday, queue for Wimbledon...grounds pass one day, maybe show court the other (overnight). Fly back to Chicago Thursday.

2) fly in from Chicago on Saturday. Queue Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, hopefully getting show court one of those days, and trying to get resale show courts on one of the grounds pass days too. Fly back to Chicago Thursday. This is the cheapest option, but gives me zero free time in London aside from Sunday before getting in the queue.

3) fly in from Chicago on Saturday and going four days of the first week...with one free day in London on the day I don't go to Wimby. This is the most expensive option since show court tickets get pricier by Friday. Fly back to Chicago Saturday.

Right now I think it's probably between option 1 and option 3...though I'll also apply on the ballot as well to see if I can get any tickets that way.
Option 1 is most advisable, I think. Not just because I love Roehampton, but also because I think it's physically well-nigh impossible to queue for three or four days without being forced to leave early.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #40
country flag PitsOfTheWorld

PitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo View Post
Option 1 is most advisable, I think. Not just because I love Roehampton, but also because I think it's physically well-nigh impossible to queue for three or four days without being forced to leave early.
Oo, good point. I'm under the impression that so long as you show up at 6-7 you'll get a grounds pass no problem and get in quickly?

And I've heard mixed things about getting into court 1...Would 1-3am do it for Court 1?
"A tacit rhetorical assumption here is that you have very probably never heard of Michael Joyce of Brentwood, L.A... Nor of Vince Spadea nor Jonathan Stark...--all ranked in the world’s top one hundred at one point in 1995. Nor of Jeff Tarango, sixty-eight in the world, unless you remember his unfortunate psychotic breakdown in full public view during last year’s Wimbledon.

You are invited to try to imagine what it would be like to be among the hundred best in the world at something. At anything. I have tried to imagine; it’s hard."
--David Foster Wallace (), "Tennis Player Michael Joyce's Professional Artistry as a Paradigm of Certain Stuff about Choice, Freedom, Discipline, Joy, Grotesquerie, and Human Completeness"
PitsOfTheWorld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #41
MONSOON season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsOfTheWorld View Post
Oo, good point. I'm under the impression that so long as you show up at 6-7 you'll get a grounds pass no problem and get in quickly?

And I've heard mixed things about getting into court 1...Would 1-3am do it for Court 1?
Yes, 6-7 is early enough, but don't forget that it might take you quite some time to get to the queue (depending on where you are staying in London, obviously). You would probably get in around 10.30 or so, so the queue is still long. I find it extremely exhausting, especially if you include overnight queuing for one or more days of show court tickets. I am not sure what the right time is for Court 1, but I am sure it varies per OOP (Brits, Federer are popular; women's matches less so) and weather.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #42
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Second Monday
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #43
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

For which day there are ground pass tickets?

Tennis Tipping 2014

Finals CH

Old 06-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #44
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Ground passes are available throughout the tournament. Earlier in the tournament the matches will mainly be singles on the outside courts but as the tournament progresses you will get doubles, juniors, seniors, etc. on these courts.

You can view the schedule of play for each day from last year here:

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/score...schedule8.html
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #45
country flag ExcaliburII

ExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond reputeExcaliburII has a reputation beyond repute

i will most likely be travelling this weekend from bsas to london to attend qualies and then first few days of main draw.
i need advice on accomodation and public transportation to roehampton if anyone can help...

ExcaliburII is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote