What's up with that nonsense? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
country flag No1emania

No1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's up with that nonsense?

Pard' my French, but having a 30 seconds waiting rule, which btw doesn't even work, is totally idiotic and irritating. I can't even see my own posts?!
Much bigger forums doesn't have that nonsense and everything is working fine.

You can at least add "my posts" and "my threads" links in user CP.

Del Potro

Janowicz
No1emania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 03:48 AM   #2
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's up with that nonsense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1emania View Post
Pard' my French, but having a 30 seconds waiting rule, which btw doesn't even work, is totally idiotic and irritating. I can't even see my own posts?!
Much bigger forums doesn't have that nonsense and everything is working fine.

You can at least add "my posts" and "my threads" links in user CP.
Er what? You must have not indeed been to other large forums.. Any large forum puts a posting limitation first of all since it reduces load on the server. On top of that, trolls would love to spam posts every second just to spam if such limitation was removed.. What forums have you been to..?

Not sure what you're talking about being unable to see your posts...? Just click on your name in a thread and the options for your threads and posts can be found.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
country flag No1emania

No1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Er what? You must have not indeed been to other large forums..
Yes I've been / I was. With much more subforums, topics and visitors.
Quote:
Any large forum puts a posting limitation first of all since it reduces load on the server.
I am not talking about that.
Quote:
Not sure what you're talking about being unable to see your posts...? Just click on your name in a thread and the options for your threads and posts can be found.
I do that and it says "forum wants you to wait 30s..." or something like that. What the hell does that prevents?
It's already insulting and irritating, but I wait 30+ seconds like a full, try again and I get the same message. And again. And again...

So as I've said, if they still see this "feature" as something very smart and very useful, they should put appropriate links in user CP - that would me much more useful than some of the useless stuff that are already in there...

Del Potro

Janowicz
Old 05-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes I've been / I was. With much more subforums, topics and visitors.

I am not talking about that.

I do that and it says "forum wants you to wait 30s..." or something like that. What the hell does that prevents?
It's already insulting and irritating, but I wait 30+ seconds like a full, try again and I get the same message. And again. And again...

So as I've said, if they still see this "feature" as something very smart and very useful, they should put appropriate links in user CP - that would me much more useful than some of the useless stuff that are already in there...
Every single large forum I am subscribed to has a wait limitation for searches as well. Again, it reduces load on the server. If you aren't happy with that or don't understand, then go donate money. Because seriously, I just went to 5 different large forums that I am subscribed to and every single one of them have a search limit within 30 or 60 seconds and 2 of these forums are very large ones (5000-10000 users on at once consistently).

And about using USER CP area, I could care less. As if it takes that long to go to a thread and click on your name. Plus, under "Quick Links" you go to your profile which gives you your thread and post searches..

Last edited by HKz : 05-25-2013 at 10:12 PM.
HKz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #5
country flag No1emania

I understand that you like this forum - I like it too - but nobody can't deny that this "navigation" sucks.
If you like searching or waiting 30s, go ahead... "I can't care less"... Adding 2 simple links in CP would be something very basic and very useful and it wouldn't harm the forum / server performance at all if you think about it.

Del Potro

Janowicz
Old 05-27-2013, 04:14 AM   #6
country flag HKz
Hakeem

Quote:
I understand that you like this forum - I like it too - but nobody can't deny that this "navigation" sucks.
If you like searching or waiting 30s, go ahead... "I can't care less"... Adding 2 simple links in CP would be something very basic and very useful and it wouldn't harm the forum / server performance at all if you think about it.
I just told you how to navigate to your posts and threads with 3 clicks... Quick Links -> My Profile -> Find all posts/threads..
Old 06-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Er what? You must have not indeed been to other large forums.. Any large forum puts a posting limitation first of all since it reduces load on the server. On top of that, trolls would love to spam posts every second just to spam if such limitation was removed.. What forums have you been to..?

good point!
not sure about what pissed the OP off though. I often get this 30 sec notification and it usually means that your post has already been made. it just prevents you to post the same thing twice
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #8
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko05 View Post
good point!
not sure about what pissed the OP off though. I often get this 30 sec notification and it usually means that your post has already been made. it just prevents you to post the same thing twice
if you post the identical post in the same thread twice within 5 mins it tells you: "that's the same post you made in the last 5 mins. Do you really wanna post it?"

but the 30sec notification means you have to wait till you are "unblocked" for posting again. The post isn't done then.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #9
country flag janko05

janko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond reputejanko05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
if you post the identical post in the same thread twice within 5 mins it tells you: "that's the same post you made in the last 5 mins. Do you really wanna post it?"

but the 30sec notification means you have to wait till you are "unblocked" for posting again. The post isn't done then.
maybe it's got something to do with servers, browsers...
when I got the 30sec I don't post again. on checking later, my post is always there
janko05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote