Voting To Bring Back Banned Members - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #1
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Voting To Bring Back Banned Members

Since my post was deleted in another thread, I will re-post it here. I don't think it is against the rule.

Can we set up a system where the MTF community is allowed to vote and bring back 5 banned members per year or something similar?

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 04:27 AM   #2
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Voting To Bring Back Banned Members

I would agree; however, some banned posters do not want to come back.

Being a formerly permabanned poster, the only logical way to come back on MTF from a permaban is to appeal. That's how I came back, and I can't think of any permabanned poster who was just suddenly let back on the forum.

This quote sums it all up pretty well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
Anyone who takes the effort to make a plea and promise their good behavior should at least be given a chance. If he steps out of line, he should be banned again.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

I would not favour a vote, but would not personally be averse to giving permabanned posters a chance to appeal, following the procedures which have now been set up. However I believe the possibility of this being approved is extremely small.
Members are advised to read this thread in the policies section of the forum:-
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=179431

Last edited by Goldenoldie : 05-22-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Goldenoldie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post

Being a formerly permabanned poster, the only logical way to come back on MTF from a permaban is to appeal. That's how I came back, and I can't think of any permabanned poster who was just suddenly let back on the forum.

I agree with you and myself He and she though.

If they haven't made the effort to appeal, then we shouldn't be allowed to vote on it. All the forum members should be allowed to read the appeal unless they specifically indicated it to be in private.

The only way something can have no consequences is if it has no effect. The only way something can have no effect is if it doesn't exist. It's completely paradoxical, therefore, to claim that something can exist and simultaneously have no effect.

People are not "free" to express an opinion. Instead, if they choose to express anything, they choose to pay the price. The price is the effect on others and the effect on the person. There is no free lunch in this world.
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #5
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post

If they don't want to come back, they can turn down the offer. I truly believe that there are many who would like to come back, but didn't bother with an appeal b/c of the same notion mentioned by Goldenoldie, that the possibility of it being approved is extremely small.

Personally, I think permanent ban is too harsh and I don't think forums like MTF where people come to socialize about their common interests should have this kind of policy. MTF is not as active and lively like in the past due to the absences of several posters who contributed greatly to this place. I'm sure a majority of the people would be happy with the return of some of these posters.

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
If they don't want to come back, they can turn down the offer. I truly believe that there are many who would like to come back, but didn't bother with an appeal b/c of the same notion mentioned by Goldenoldie, that the possibility of it being approved is extremely small.

Personally, I think permanent ban is too harsh and I don't think forums like MTF where people come to socialize about their common interests should have this kind of policy. MTF is not as active and lively like in the past due to the absences of several posters who contributed greatly to this place. I'm sure a majority of the people would be happy with the return of some of these posters.
I agree that some should come back, but I disagree with voting to unban them.

A much more logical way is to appeal. If I could convince the mods with my appeal, then why can't others?

I do, however, disagree with the appeal moderator not being able to appeal for posters who have already been permabanned. I will ask them why they decided that, because at this point in time I can't understand why.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
country flag I got the Dyoung
Banned!

I got the Dyoung has a reputation beyond reputeI got the Dyoung has a reputation beyond reputeI got the Dyoung has a reputation beyond reputeI got the Dyoung has a reputation beyond reputeI got the Dyoung has a reputation beyond reputeI got the Dyoung has a reputation beyond reputeI got the Dyoung has a reputation beyond reputeI got the Dyoung has a reputation beyond reputeI got the Dyoung has a reputation beyond reputeI got the Dyoung has a reputation beyond reputeI got the Dyoung has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone please bring back MrPlateperson and ADaddy69!
I got the Dyoung is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #8
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible idea...
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote