<3 Grigor on the clay 2013 <3 - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #256
country flag tennishawkeye
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

tennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond reputetennishawkeye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: <3 Grigor on the clay 2013 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedererBulgaria View Post
I cant agree with this,his result and wins on clay are one of the best in his career so far
I understand what you are saying, his results on clay have been good. I feel that the results on clay are however, more to do with a general upturn in his overall form than an indicator of it being his favoured surface.

Personally, I feel as if his best chance of winning tournaments and matches will be on the hard courts and grass. He has a good serve and big forehand, I just feel his game is more suited to other surfaces. The sliced backhand he hits sits up more on the clay, whereas on the grass it skids through staying low and makes it awkward for his opponent.

Time will tell though and I have been wrong lots of times before!
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #257
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

I could see him 3 times - The R1 single and double and the warm-up before the double match.
I was lucky to get his autograph and I could speak a little with him and wish him all the best. He seems to be very shy.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #258
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

oh, please, tell us more about that? Did he play so poorly vs Marcos as he did vs Gasquet?

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #259
country flag Berba

Berba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond repute

i don't understand why you are disappointed with the performance in Rome. i mean i expected it. so far grisho never made two good tourneys in a row. from the first point in the match against gasquet i saw no flame in his eyes, just fatigue. so pulling out of dusseldorf is the right thing.
also, i don't agree that clay is his weakest surface. grisho is all rounder. just clay requires more phisycal strength and at the moment his fitness is his weakness, not the surface.

GRISHO is the future

Sorry, Roger!
Berba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #260
country flag joekimiwong

joekimiwong has a reputation beyond reputejoekimiwong has a reputation beyond reputejoekimiwong has a reputation beyond reputejoekimiwong has a reputation beyond reputejoekimiwong has a reputation beyond reputejoekimiwong has a reputation beyond reputejoekimiwong has a reputation beyond reputejoekimiwong has a reputation beyond reputejoekimiwong has a reputation beyond reputejoekimiwong has a reputation beyond reputejoekimiwong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berba View Post
i don't understand why you are disappointed with the performance in Rome. i mean i expected it. so far grisho never made two good tourneys in a row. from the first point in the match against gasquet i saw no flame in his eyes, just fatigue. so pulling out of dusseldorf is the right thing.
also, i don't agree that clay is his weakest surface. grisho is all rounder. just clay requires more phisycal strength and at the moment his fitness is his weakness, not the surface.
just wanted him to do better so that he may be 24th seed to avoid top 8 in RG in R3. That's the reason for me.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 05-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #261
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekimiwong View Post
just wanted him to do better so that he may be 24th seed to avoid top 8 in RG in R3. That's the reason for me.
No worries, he'll get 'Clayray' and spank him.

Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #262
country flag mlrf11

mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadejda View Post
oh, please, tell us more about that? Did he play so poorly vs Marcos as he did vs Gasquet?
I didn't see him against Gasquet because I couldn't buy CC tickets every day but against Marcos he played a great tennis. He dominated and Marcos didn't fight like in the most advanced rounds like in the past. He played as he was tired to lose to Grigor and as he didn't belive he could win.

I liked him a lot but what I noticed, his legs are still very weak. There are some muscles but they need to grow up and if he gets stronger his legs are going to be more explosive like Federer, Haas or Nadal to begin. His arm is very very fast. Nice to see live.

About Gasquet it seams Italian commentators supposed he had some back issue because he touched it and he wasn't able to move well. I didn't see and I don't know.

The day after Marcos he played the doubles being a total dork with the strange shots, not focussed and not stopping to laugh and of course losing it.

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Last edited by mlrf11 : 05-20-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #263
country flag Cecig

Cecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond reputeCecig has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I hope he can reach 3コ round at least

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #264
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
I didn't see him against Gasquet because I couldn't buy CC tickets every day but against Marcos he played a great tennis. He dominated and Marcos didn't fight like in the most advanced rounds like in the past. He played as he was tired to lose to Grigor and as he didn't belive he could win.

I liked him a lot but what I noticed, his legs are still very weak. There are some muscles but they need to grow up and if he gets stronger his legs are going to be more explosive like Federer, Haas or Nadal to begin. His arm is very very fast. Nice to see live.

About Gasquet it seams Italian commentators supposed he had some back issue because he touched it and he wasn't able to move well. I didn't see and I don't know.

The day after Marcos he played the doubles being a total dork with the strange shots, not focussed and not stopping to laugh and of course losing it.
thank you for the report

however this is really worring? If he doesn't want to play doubles he shall stop. Nilsen is a doubles player who's focus is there, so Grigor really should step out of this team and not dragging Fredie down .

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

Old 05-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #265
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
thank you for the report

however this is really worring? If he doesn't want to play doubles he shall stop. Nilsen is a doubles player who's focus is there, so Grigor really should step out of this team and not dragging Fredie down .
I agree with your point but everyone can have a bad day and whether it was down to exhaustion or a minor injury, he clearly had a problem in Rome that affected him.

It's a shame he had to pull out of Dusseldorf as the field is quite weak and he could have had some success there but as long as he is fit and ready for RG, then it's the right decision.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #266
country flag mlrf11

Quote:
thank you for the report

I agree. I thought the same and I asked to myself how a player like Nilsen, who is only double player and this is not spare time, accepts to play in this way. I admit that when I pay singles I'm more focused and more important the match is few I laugh and speak and few I express my feelings.
But when I'm playing doubles (not a tournament) sometimes I give my worst dorkness. Of course I play to have fun and I'm not a PRO. If Grigor uses it to have fun OK but I noticed that Nilsen was joking with Grigor and laughing as well.

Ok - if Grigor had an injury - it can explain they were there not to win.

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #267
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Grigor seeded to meet Novak in R3

[1]Djokovic v Goffin
Dodig v Pella
Alex Kuznetsov v Pouille
Falla v [26]Dimitrov
[22]Dolgopolov v Tursunov
Tomic v Hanescu
Bolelli v Lu
Qualifier v [16]Kohlschreiber
---------------------
Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #268
country flag nadejda

Alright!
Grigor gets Falla in R1
possibly Kuznentsov in R2
Djokovic in R3 - what the hell - for 3rd time this year already?
I will be glad if he can make it to the R3, though! Falla is a thought player!
Good luck, Grisho!

Grigor Dimitrov

Sampras & Safin

Old 05-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #269
country flag Hypnotize

Full draw

[1]Djokovic v Goffin
Dodig v Pella
Alex Kuznetsov v Pouille
Falla v [26]Dimitrov
[22]Dolgopolov v Tursunov
Tomic v Hanescu
Bolelli v Lu
Qualifier v [16]Kohlschreiber
---------------------
[12]Haas v Rufin
Qualifier v Garcia-Lopez
Andrey Kuznetsov v Harrison
Berlocq v [19]Isner
[ v Andujar
Delbonis v Qualifier
Verdasco v Gicquel
Mahut v [8]Tipsarevic
=============
[3]Nadal v Brands
Klizan v Russell
Qualifier v Rosol
Qualifier v [27]Fognini
[24]Paire v Baghdatis
Kubot v Qualifier
Zemlja v Giraldo
Levine v [13]Nishikori
---------------------
[9]Wawrinka v De Bakker
Qualifier v Zeballos
De Schepper v Haase
Ramos v [21]Janowicz
[28]F.Mayer v Istomin
Serra v Davydenko
Qualifier v Qualifier
Stakhovsky v [7]Gasquet
=============
[5]Berdych v Monfils
Gulbis v Dutra Silva
Sijsling v Melzer
Zopp v [32]Robredo
[20]Seppi v L.Mayer
Kavcic v Qualifier
Alund v Roger-Vasselin
Qualifier v [11]Almagro
---------------------
[14]Raonic v Malisse
Qualifier v Llodra
Qualifier v Donskoy
Qualifier v [23]Anderson
[ v Lopez
Sousa v Soeda
Qualifier v Montanes
Matosevic v [4]Ferrer
=============
[6]Tsonga v Bedene
Nieminen v Mathieu
Bautista-Agut v Muller
Becker v [25]Chardy
[17]Monaco v Gimeno-Traver
Troicki v Blake
Stepanek v Kyrgios
Petzschner v [10]Cilic
---------------------
[15]Simon v Hewitt
Mannarino v Cuevas
Hajek v Qualifier
Lacko v [18]Querrey
[ v Berankis
Kamke v Lorenzi
Qualifier v Qualifier
Qualifier v [2]Federer
Old 05-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #270
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Alright!
Grigor gets Falla in R1
possibly Kuznentsov in R2
Djokovic in R3 - what the hell - for 3rd time this year already?
I will be glad if he can make it to the R3, though! Falla is a thought player!
Good luck, Grisho!
He should beat Falla and that is ALEX Kuznetsov (USA) in R2 although I would expect Grigor to beat Andrey easily as well.