♕ Internazionali BNL d'Italia ♕ DAJE Rogger! - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #436
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ♕ Internazionali BNL d'Italia ♕ DAJE Rogger!

Post match interview

Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #437
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that and too much Nadal in that presser for my taste.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:15 PM   #438
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Lol, those pressers have some atrocious translation.
They're not even translated, though, are they? I can't get my head round how they work: Roger doesn't usually string loads of clauses together with "ands" for lines and lines on end, so why this week? I notice ASAP hasn't been doing the verbatims - their last entries are for Madrid. Does Rome employ its own people? If so, they're not very good.
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #439
country flag Rommella

Rommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond reputeRommella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Just imagine Roger would have skipped RG in 2009 due to the loss in the final in 2008...

Too bad about todays match but at least he finally got some points for the ranking and made the final of a tournament

This loss is nothing compared to his last one against Rafa in Rome a few years ago.

For me, the 2006 loss might have hurt more -- in the sense that he had two match points and was awfully close -- but I'd take that anytime to what I witnessed yesterday. In Roma 2006, he still had an awful lot of fight mentality in him against Nadal on clay (and that coming after gruelling wins against Nalbandian and Almagro as well).

Yesterday, it seemed the fight ended before it began. It was capitulation. It was ugly. And it pains me to say that as a fan.

Last edited by Rommella : 05-20-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Rommella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:14 AM   #440
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

just
seriously what's the point in the looking forward to the french open after this?
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #441
country flag StingSuperior

StingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond reputeStingSuperior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
just
seriously what's the point in the looking forward to the french open after this?
Try focus on the positives throughout the rest of the week. Im just glad he bounced back from the poor form against Nishikori, and he was able to reach his first final of the year. Let's hope he continues to improve, and can start to peak for Wimbledon, with a deep run at the FO
StingSuperior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #442
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
just
Söderling lost 1-6, 0-6 against Nadal in Rome 2009. You remember what happened at RG....
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #443
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

People are exaggerating this Federer loss. Nadal just has the perfect game to exploit Federer's vulnerabilities and take advantage of them. Add to the fact it's played on a slow surface (which happens to be Nadal's favourite), on a somewhat sunny afternoon which assists the spinning strength of the Nadal's forehand, and you've got a recipe for disaster. Federer, contrary to popular belief, will still cause disarray throughout Roland Garros; it's the severity that counts. I can't see Djokovic or Murray man-handling Federer like Rafa, even on the dirt, and even considering Federer's lackluster year.

"Thank you very much for letting me win"
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #444
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julián Santiago View Post
My favourite surface is by far the indoor carpet, but clay is an amazing surface. I don`t know why someone would hate clay

Come on, Roger is a good claycourter. He is unlucky, just like Djokovic, that Nadal is in front of them
I used to like clay during Guga's time, I just dont like Nadal's style and have a very difficult time watching his matches(its very effective as very few people can push him on the surface) and find it very difficult to get into RG because he looks 98% likely to retain RG crown.

I would never want Rogi to miss it, as seeing him play against anyone not called Nadal is always a blessing

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #445
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
I'd be happy with just keeping the QF streak going at RG.
I meant more dirt moonballing, I just really hate clay of late. Miss the good old Guga times

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #446
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
just
Hoping that he makes a good run at least until the point where he comes up against Rafa? (And preferably there too, although I appreciate that at the moment it sounds as though that's about as unlikely as the proverbial pig sprouting wings). Or hoping that, as unlikely as it sounds, someone else takes Rafa out? Or that this loss has actually been so bad that Fed says "Thus far and no further", and manages to do something about his mental attitude towards Rafa on clay. In two weeks.

Failing that, anyone know a good hynotherapist?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #447
country flag alypen

Actually, thinking about this last night, I was reminded of a scene in Superman II - suspect some of you may be too young to be familiar with it, but still ...

Lois Lane has put 2 and 2 together and strongly suspects that Clark Kent and Superman are one and the same, so to force Superman to reveal his identity she throws herself into the rapids downstream of Niagara Falls so that he'll be forced to come and rescue her. Clark, realising what she's up to, manages to apply his superpowers in a "coincidental" way without ever having to adopt the Superman persona (burns through a tree branch, which falls into the water where she can reach it, and then carries her into the shallows, where Clark wades into to help her out, and then loses his balance and falls in himself, in a manner apparently designed to irritate beyond belief anyone who prefers the Richard Donner cut to the Richard Lester cut). When they both wade out, looking totally uncomfortable with each other, her disgusted response is: "You're what I thought was Superman? This is so embarrassing," but it does later have the required effect on Clark.

That was what yesterday reminded me of, but as for "required effect"? I don't know.

Last edited by alypen : 05-20-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #448
country flag Walto69

Walto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
Hoping that he makes a good run at least until the point where he comes up against Rafa? (And preferably there too, although I appreciate that at the moment it sounds as though that's about as unlikely as the proverbial pig sprouting wings). Or hoping that, as unlikely as it sounds, someone else takes Rafa out? Or that this loss has actually been so bad that Fed says "Thus far and no further", and manages to do something about his mental attitude towards Rafa on clay. In two weeks.

Failing that, anyone know a good hynotherapist?
We all know that Nadal plays average when he comes up against players who can hit through him and take time away from him , I REALLY hope Nadal gets a draw that has players who can do that to him , make him earn his wins this time .
Roger just needs to learn to stop thinking he has to red line every shot or serve against Nadal , this Is why he losses because he makes errors that he should be able to hit easy because he feels he needs to red line every ball , not true . Roger has great topsin shot as well as slice and flat . he should come in with the game plan of Nadals to hit every shot to the backhand and then for a mix up hit a serve down the line to surprise him and keep him guessing . there Is also a good tactic of slicing a laser slice to Nadals Backhand . most likely Nadal will moonball it or anything on Nadals backhand and it would set Roger up for a winner , only problem is he tends to overcook his shots against Nadal . I know its easier said then done but if Roger went in with a game plan like this one ,he could do very well against Nadal on clay who knows maybe beat him if Nadal had a bad day and Roger had a good day.
Walto69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #449
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Roger you always the best
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #450
country flag Julián Santiago

Julián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
just
The QF streak, the VIlas records, the necessary points. Maybe a kind draw could make that Roger reach the SF or the F.

You never know
Julián Santiago is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote