A new appeal moderator - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #46
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A new appeal moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
My vote goes to Frank Man Wing.
I'll admit man, you getting out of 2 bans is impressive. So I think you'll get my vote

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #47
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

When will voting begin?
Will more than 1 vote be allowed 1st round?

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:46 AM   #48
country flag RagingLamb
Motherhater

RagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond reputeRagingLamb has a reputation beyond repute

O.k. I have opened the voting thread here.

I have decided to have a public poll. But, as a compromise, members who would prefer to vote anonymously are allowed to send me their votes via private message. Each voter can vote for as many individuals as they wish.

At the moment, I think it's best to have a single poll. Based on voter turn out and how close the race is in this poll, we can then decide whether we need subsequent polls.

Thanks again to everyone who has agreed to participate, and to all of the feedback regarding this process.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #49
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

I think this is a great idea. Kudos to RagingLamb for implementing it.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:18 AM   #50
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

Wow to be frank I wish I would have known about this, so I could have applied. I know I don't have the post count of these other posters, but my words and actions, could have spoken well enough.

Best of luck to these people

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

Lneders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #51
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
I know I don't have the post count of these other posters, but my words and actions, could have spoken well enough.
The number of posts doesn't say anything about someone on an internet forum

I think there should have been given more time for users to apply for this job considering the fact that there are users on the forum who don't visit MTF daily.

There was no need to rush this process.

Adding to this the history of some of the candidates should have also been taken into context just like in the "normal" application for being a moderator.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #52
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
The number of posts doesn't say anything about someone on an internet forum

I think there should have been given more time for users to apply for this job considering the fact that there are users on the forum who don't visit MTF daily.

There was no need to rush this process.

Adding to this the history of some of the candidates should have also been taken into context just like in the "normal" application for being a moderator.
I know where you are coming from Eden, but I still disagree about screening candidates. If the majority want a troll as a moderator (I am not talking about anyone in specific, just hypothetically) then that's what they get. I still think it would have been better to let everyone vote only once. This makes you think more about your choice.

"a place for vultures and mugs to express their opinions about other vultures and mugs"
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #53
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Too bad I missed this, I would have applied.

Voting will be tough since I don't know all candidates.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:56 AM   #54
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

just one question

if posters who have been received any kind of infractions can't be neither a vbookie by which logic they can be an appeal moderator ?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #55
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
just one question

if posters who have been received any kind of infractions can't be neither a vbookie by which logic they can be an appeal moderator ?
Good point. To be honest I don't think a user being banned in the past should have any bearing on whether they should be allowed to be moderator or not if I'm totally honest. I think banning can teach certain people a lesson, and make them into intelligent, well mannered posters. Just because they've been banned in the past doesn't mean they can't change and do a good job in the future.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote