Doping in Tennis Thread (No accusations without proof. Wada could test using hair) - Page 97 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Does Tennis need more/stricter testing?

yes 277 84.19%
no 52 15.81%
Voters: 329. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #1441
country flag Radalek

Radalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doping in Tennis Thread (No accusations without proof. Murray comments on Puerto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chair Umpire View Post
We know he was doping athletes while he was pratising as a private doctor for these athletes, the problem (AGAIN) is that there was no anti-doping law in Spain when he was arrested. And the judge of this trial can't do anything about it.

English:

This was a trial for ENDANGERING PUBLIC HEALTH. Wait a minute I'll repeat again, this was a trial for ENDANGERING PUBLIC HEALTH since this was the only way to punish Mr Fuentes at the times he was arrested. (Spanish Sports Federations had no authority to punish Mr. Fuentes or stop his activities, since he's not an athlete).

In the above scenario the athletes are not the "perpetrators of illegal activities" but the "victims" of Mr Fuentes. Hence they have the right to protect their privacy (blood) BY LAW, as well as anyone else has the right to protect its Medical Records.

This is established by law, like it or not.

French:

Ce fut une épreuve pour menacer la santé publique. Attendez une minute, je vais le répéter encore une fois, il s'agissait d'un procès pour atteinte à la santé publique depuis que c'était le seul moyen de punir M. Fuentes au moment de son arrestation. (Espagnol fédérations sportives n'avait pas le pouvoir de punir M. Fuentes ou cesser ses activités, car il n'est pas un athlète).

Dans le scénario ci-dessus les athlètes ne sont pas les «auteurs d'activités illégales», mais les «victimes» de M. Fuentes. Par conséquent, ils ont le droit de protéger leur vie privée (sang) par la loi, ainsi que quiconque a le droit de protéger ses dossiers médicaux.

Ceci est établi par la loi, que cela plaise ou non.

Italian:

Questa è stata una prova di pericolo per la salute PUBBLICA. Aspetta un attimo lo ripeto ancora una volta, questa è stata una prova di pericolo per la salute pubblica, poiché questo era l'unico modo per punire il signor Fuentes ai tempi del suo arresto. (Spagnolo Federazioni Sportive aveva alcuna autorità per punire Mr. Fuentes o interrompere le sue attività, dal momento che non è un atleta).

Nello scenario sopra gli atleti non sono i "colpevoli di attività illecite", ma le "vittime" di Mr Fuentes. Perciò essi hanno il diritto di proteggere la propria privacy (sangue) DALLA LEGGE, così come chiunque altro ha il diritto di proteggere i suoi cartelle cliniche.

Ciò è stabilito dalla legge, che piaccia o no.

Chinese:

这是一个审判危害公众健康。等一下我会再说一遍,这是一个危及公众健康,因为这是唯一的方式惩罚富恩特斯先 生的时候,他被逮捕审判。 (西班牙体育联合会无权先生惩罚的富恩特斯或停止他的活动,因为他不是一个运动员)。

在上述情况下,运动员不是非法活动的“肇事者”,但富恩特斯先生的“受害者”。因此,他们有权利保护自己的 隐私(血)法律,任何人有权利保护其病历。

这是由依法设立的,​​喜欢还是不喜欢。

Braille:

For deaf people:

Morse:

Hopefully you'll get it now.
You're trying REALLY hard, it's just making things even worse .
Damage is done however this ends. Either it's coverup or people get exposed, there's no way around it and you know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooza2011 View Post
Who is going to break him? Chardy?
Chardy breaks Murray three times in a row right after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
My tennis expertise is in the top 5%
Radalek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #1442
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doping in Tennis Thread (No accusations without proof. Murray comments on Puerto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chair Umpire View Post
In the above scenario the athletes are not the "perpetrators of illegal activities" but the "victims" of Mr Fuentes. Hence they have the right to protect their privacy (blood) BY LAW, as well as anyone else has the right to protect its Medical Records.

This is established by law, like it or not.
Is that, then, the basis of the judge's ruling? I would have thought she was obliged to give her reasoning, but haven't see it reported anywhere yet. I could, I think, see that there might be an argument against the blood being allowed to be passed on and on to be used for purposes for which it wasn't originally intended, but still, to destroy it? Is she allowed to do that? Since it's the athletes' property, there's an obvious answer as to what should be done with it, but of course I can't see that working ...
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #1443
country flag chalkdust

chalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond reputechalkdust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalkdust View Post
My contention is that, just because Fuentes is a doctor doesn't mean you can classify everything that he has done in his life that vaguely involves human tissue as being medical practice.

Yes, he may have occasionally carried out medical acts at his clinic. However, he was also engaged in non-medical acts, namely blood doping, that should enjoy no legal privilege. On the contrary, the blood evidence that has been left behind could well be evidence of crimes of deception that led to the obtaining of financial rewards.

Hopefully you get that also, and don't try to be condescending next time.
And just to add, of course we would need a public prosecutor in Spain actually to go after this potential crime of obtaining financial reward by deception - I agree the judge in this particular case of endangering public health cannot herself address that. Would be nice is she held off destroying the evidence though.
chalkdust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #1444
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute

Google translation (sorry for the mistakes )

Quote:

Rafa Nadal criticizes Operation Puerto resolution because it benefits cheats and stain the image of Spain and its athletes

Rafa Nadal has been very critical of the resuloción of Operation Puerto, in which the judge has decided to destroy sangrer bags, avoiding know the names of those involved in it. The Spaniard tennis player believes that "the resolution of the Operation Puerto isn't positive for anyone. Beneficidiados leaving only are those who have cheated. It seems unfair to happen in a case so serious that damages both the image of Spain".

For the tennis player, which these days is in Madrid, where he will participate in the Mutua Madrid Open, "this hurts the Spanish athletes. Personally it seems unfair not to give the names of all who have cheated, whether Spanish or not. know that global image that this leaves our country is not what we expect. I find a mistake. those who have cheated should receive the contempt of the other athletes. And in this case it didn't happen.
Continue working to make the sport clean one hundred percent.'re sporting values ​​that should prevail. "
http://deportes.terra.es/tenis/nadal...ceb0aRCRD.html
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #1445
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

OK Rafa forgot when he defended Contador his Spanish buddy.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #1446
country flag Chair Umpire

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
That.

If the Spanish authorities have the same attitude Chair Umpire has, then ban their athletes from international competitions
I don't have any "attitude". I'm merely pointing out what the law establishes, what this trial was about and why.

I'm sorry if reality doesn't fit in your anti-spanish agenda.

Again go and read some crap from "Tennis has a steroid problem" if you want to satisfy your wishful thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Edberg must be spinning in his grave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
As usual Mjau! is right on the money. Her analysis is flawless. It is unfortunate not everyone is as brilliant as her.
Butthurtism in Tennis Thread (demonstration inside).
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #1447
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Spanish doping doctor ready to reveal role in major sports
Eufemiano Fuentes will sell sordid details of cheating in high-level football, athletics and the Olympics to highest bidder
Giles Tremlett in Madrid / Friday 10 May 2013

The convicted sports-doping doctor Eufemiano Fuentes is threatening to reveal the dirty secrets of the world's major sporting events as he offers to sell his story to newspapers after being convicted on public health charges in Spain for his role in helping top cyclists to cheat.

Fuentes, considered one of international sport's leading dope doctors, has sent out a list of subjects that – for a price – he is now prepared to talk publicly about. It includes Spanish Champions League football teams, London marathon winners, Olympic medallists and a long list of cyclists he was involved with.

He has also offered to reveal how Tour de France officials failed to detect doping even when they tested those who had been taking performance-enhancing substances.

"How I prepared a team to play in the Champions League," is one category of revelations he is offering, according to an email sent by his lawyers on Friday.

That alone threatens to widen the scandal surrounding his doping activities to football, a sport in which Spain currently leads the world as European champions and World Cup holders.

Full story: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...-reveal-sports
quite the gamble. He didn't mention tennis players as a category here, and I don't know how far back his practice goes. apparently he won't reveal any of these stories until after his appeals have run out.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #1448
country flag Chair Umpire

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

This doesn't surprise me.

Mr Fuentes is now being pursued for tax evasion by the spanish courts ( LINK ). The poor bastard is gonna need a lot of money.

Too bad for him the likes of Oprah may not be interested in his stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Edberg must be spinning in his grave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
As usual Mjau! is right on the money. Her analysis is flawless. It is unfortunate not everyone is as brilliant as her.
Butthurtism in Tennis Thread (demonstration inside).

Last edited by Chair Umpire : 05-12-2013 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Posting source.
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #1449
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly he's never heard of the concept of doctor-patient confidentiality. But I'm not surprised. Wouldn't it be wonderful if nobody bid ...
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #1450
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
Clearly he's never heard of the concept of doctor-patient confidentiality. But I'm not surprised. Wouldn't it be wonderful if nobody bid ...
What, and protect his doping clients?
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:41 AM   #1451
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
I'm sorry but he wasn't treating his 'patients' for cold or cancer. he was doping them. it is wrong, so don't give me this privacy stuff crap. it's very hypocritical. he should speak up.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #1452
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doping; Fernando Romboli Will Return To Tour After Serving Drug Violation Ban

http://www.10sballs.com/2013/05/17/f...violation-ban/

Article:

Brazil’s Fernando Romboli, currently ranked a lowly 452 on the ATP Word Tour rankings, has served an eight and a half months ban after being found guilty of committing doping offenses by the International Tennis Federation.

Romboli, aged 24 and born in Rio de Janeiro but now based in Guaruja, tested positive for two diuretics, furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide, both which are prohibited substances.

He pleaded innocent and said the drugs entered his system through a contaminated supplement that had been prescribed for him by a doctor.

The ITF accepted Romboli’s defense and gave him a reduced penalty because there was no “significant fault or negligence.”

Romboli has mostly played on the Challenger Tour in his career so far.

The ban is in effect retrospectively from September 1, 2012 and ends on May 15, 2013.

The Tennis Anti-Doping Program is a comprehensive and internationally recognized drug-testing program that applies to all players competing at Grand Slam tournaments and events sanctioned by the ITF, ATP, and WTA.

©Daily Tennis News Wire

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:24 AM   #1453
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doping; Fernando Romboli Will Return To Tour After Serving Drug Violation Ban

Mods please move to the doping thread, thanks.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #1454
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doping; Fernando Romboli Will Return To Tour After Serving Drug Violation Ban

lol

i wonder how many journeymen are on juice

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #1455
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, the ITF, always going after the big fish

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote