Football zone vol 6 - Page 85 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #1261
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football zone vol 6

I can't believe this pathetic rule hasn't been changed yet after so many cases like this one.

As DM said, italians were complaining about this in the Euro 2004 and now they do it.
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #1262
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

A great achievement by Wigan to beat City and win their first trophy in their history. A fantastic story for a small town club, Dave Whelan (as annoying as he is nowadays) and English football in general. Even if they relageted which looks likely, they done brilliantly to win the FA Cup, qualify for the Europa League and spend 8 years in a row in the EPL.

It's safe to say this season has been a disaster for City. They failed to challenge Man Utd for the league title, lost this final today as huge favourites, were humiliated in the CL only picking up 3 points, and lost at home to Villa in the league cup. Mancini is definitely on his way out.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #1263
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
I can't believe this pathetic rule hasn't been changed yet after so many cases like this one.

As DM said, italians were complaining about this in the Euro 2004 and now they do it.
Should have been changed to goal difference like the World Cup. The CL also has H2H. It's a UEFA thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
A great achievement by Wigan to beat City and win their first trophy in their history. A fantastic story for a small town club, Dave Whelan (as annoying as he is nowadays) and English football in general. Even if they relageted which looks likely, they done brilliantly to win the FA Cup, qualify for the Europa League and spend 8 years in a row in the EPL.

It's safe to say this season has been a disaster for City. They failed to challenge Man Utd for the league title, lost this final today as huge favourites, were humiliated in the CL only picking up 3 points, and lost at home to Villa in the league cup. Mancini is definitely on his way out.
Wigan weren't just plucky battlers either, they passed City off the pitch. It was a footballing lesson for Mancini and his gutless millionaire players. And it's not over for Wigan yet, they'll be flying going down to Arsenal on Tuesday and tomorrow's results could yet go their way. If only Alcaraz was fit for the Swansea game four days ago they wouldn't have conceded the goals they did.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #1264
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

An exciting ending to the big Clasico in Portugal, with Kelvin scoring a last minute winner for Porto, to take them 1 point above Benfica in the league with 1 game left. Over the last few years Porto have had the upper hand in these big matches against Benfica.

Porto are away to Paços de Ferreira on the last day of the season. Forget about Porto and Benfica, Paços have been the big success story in Portugal this season, and are guaranteed to finish 3rd and qualify for the champions league. An amazing achievement for a club with such a small budget.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #1265
country flag LeChuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Wigan weren't just plucky battlers either, they passed City off the pitch. It was a footballing lesson for Mancini and his gutless millionaire players. And it's not over for Wigan yet, they'll be flying going down to Arsenal on Tuesday and tomorrow's results could yet go their way. If only Alcaraz was fit for the Swansea game four days ago they wouldn't have conceded the goals they did.
Yeah they deserved their victory today for sure. They completely outplayed City in their league match a couple of weeks ago as well. A very nice technical team to watch with a fantastic scouting network.

If I was a Wigan fan and had the choice of them winning the final today and getting relegated, or losing today and surviving, I would definitely have chosen option A. They've already had such a great run to survive so long in the Premier League, and as fan of a smaller team seeing them win a major trophy can be a once in a lifetime experience.

Hopefully this does give them confidence going into those huge games against Arsenal and Villa though. Their defending in their last few league games has been amateurish at best, although maybe that's not surprisingly with all their injury problems.

Both Swansea and Wigan winning the first major trophies in their history in the same season, and both teams playing stylish football to do so, has been very nice to see.

Last edited by LeChuck : 05-11-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #1266
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Espanyol draws with RM, giving Barca the title
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #1267
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Espanyol draws with RM, giving Barca the title
Not very sweet with the way the team has played lately, and because of the fact there was no other contender for the title this year, but still it's great that the La Liga title was won despite a pretty awful season.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #1268
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Not very sweet with the way the team has played lately, and because of the fact there was no other contender for the title this year, but still it's great that the La Liga title was won despite a pretty awful season.
Pathetic League.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #1269
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute

From today's celebration:

The best GK in the world:
Old 05-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #1270
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond reputeNadalSharapova has a reputation beyond repute

fantastic day of football. Wigan outplaying city in the cup final. Brilliant stuff!
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #1271
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

as for that U17 game. it's was obviously fixed match but it's nobody guilt to Croats because they were incapable to beat Italians or Russians, Croats were obviously the best team in group but couldn't have scored from any of those great chances in first two matches and paid the price for it. If I was Italia or Russia i would do the same . Only disgusting fact was that the Croats were the ones who brought Russians on Euro 2008 with that epic win over England at Wembley and that was the way or returning the favor
Old 05-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #1272
country flag tealeaves

tealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond reputetealeaves has a reputation beyond repute

At least Wigan won something this season despite being relegated.
TT Singles CH #172
TT Doubles CH #103 - W: Guadalajara 2014; Bergamo, Cherbourg, Poznan 2013 (w/goOudinUSA)

Federer Del Potro Wawrinka Djokovic Berdych Nishikori Pospisil Youzhny Paire Soderling
tealeaves is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #1273
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute

Glorious karma in the Championship semi-final playoff.

Leicester get a penalty in the 97th min against Watford. Knockaert, who blatantly dived for the penalty, takes and misses it and also the rebound, and Watford break and score the winner and qualify for the final.

It's also delicious karma for me personally as he scored a last-minute goal last week which knocked my team (Bolton) out of the playoff positions.

Funnily enough, the same happened in a League 1 match between Brentford and Doncaster last week and they had the same ref as today's match. Spooky.

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012

Last edited by jmjhb : 05-12-2013 at 02:00 PM.
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #1274
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Forget everything else. This is a huge day in football with the greatest Sir Alec's Old Trafford farewell as well as the unbelievable Paul Scholes. Big day for us Man Utd fans.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #1275
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjhb View Post
Glorious karma in the Championship semi-final playoff.

Leicester get a penalty in the 97th min against Watford. Knockaert, who blatantly dived for the penalty, takes and misses it and also the rebound, and Watford break and score the winner and qualify for the final.

It's also delicious karma for me personally as he scored a last-minute goal last week which knocked my team (Bolton) out of the playoff positions.

Funnily enough, the same happened in a League 1 match between Brentford and Doncaster last week and they had the same ref as today's match. Spooky.
Here's the video. Truly amazing scenes

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread