Ask MTF Mods - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #61
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

I have a question about removing Freak3yman840's permaban.

First want to say that absolutely support over turning permaban decisions whoever is included but few things confusing me. From all permbaned posters why Freak3yman840 was the one who deserved decision changing when this poster at the time of his ban created at least 3-4 DAs? And by the rules of MTF just this is enough for another permaban. Even more, if already permaban decision deserved to be changed and you didn't want consider all those DAs as another permaban violation why at least he didn't serve suspension for it from the moment when initial decision was changed? We all are witnessing every day cases when temporally banned users creating DAs and getting extra months of penalty for it.

So my question would be why other permabaned posters who aren't breaking the rules and not making DAs even if they know they won't be back don't deserve second chance but one poster who even permabaned was continuing to break the rules deserved it ?

PS Writing all these want to say I have nothing against Freak3yman840 just I am confused with deciding consistency. Oh wait...
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #62
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
I have a question about removing Freak3yman840's permaban.

First want to say that absolutely support over turning permaban decisions whoever is included but few things confusing me. From all permbaned posters why Freak3yman840 was the one who deserved decision changing when this poster at the time of his ban created at least 3-4 DAs? And by the rules of MTF just this is enough for another permaban. Even more, if already permaban decision deserved to be changed and you didn't want consider all those DAs as another permaban violation why at least he didn't serve suspension for it from the moment when initial decision was changed? We all are witnessing every day cases when temporally banned users creating DAs and getting extra months of penalty for it.

So my question would be why other permabaned posters who aren't breaking the rules and not making DAs even if they know they won't be back don't deserve second chance but one poster who even permabaned was continuing to break the rules deserved it ?

PS Writing all these want to say I have nothing against Freak3yman840 just I am confused with deciding consistency. Oh wait...
I feel like this has been answered before but the user filed an appeal and it was decided that the user had a good case. The user had already served 6 months of ban time at the time.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #63
country flag Grenouille

Grenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond reputeGrenouille has a reputation beyond repute

How can I report someone who is harrassing me?
Old 05-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #64
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenouille View Post
How can I report someone who is harrassing me?
Pm to moderator or admin.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #65
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Pusher for life banned. Why?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:34 PM   #66
country flag Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Accumulation of Trolling Red Cards - 7 days.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #67
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
The reply will be; Trolling.

Apparantely it's against the rules of MTF to have a little bit of fun. Pusher for life had a harmless gimmick. No one had to take him seriously, he was not breaking any rules, but of course he gets banned. The exact same question can be asked with heya, she's been on the site for 11 years now, I presume she has always posted the same, yet for some reason what she does is now classed as trolling?

If these posters ever get perma banned, MTF will not be the same. Mods seem to be leeching out all of the fun from the place.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #68
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Accumulation of Trolling Red Cards - 7 days.
Inconsistent much? IIRC TSD has been banned before for trolling, and he recently had another trolling ban that was only for what, 2-3 days? Why is that?
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:49 PM   #69
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

so the day when people getting banned on every day basis due to trolling has come

what is next ? silly nickname = automatic permaban
Old 05-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #70
country flag Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Inconsistent much? IIRC TSD has been banned before for trolling, and he recently had another trolling ban that was only for what, 2-3 days? Why is that?
Quote:
so the day when people getting banned on every day basis due to trolling has come

what is next ? silly nickname = automatic permaban
I suggest you both read the rules. Ban length depends on number of active red cards.

Last edited by Snowwy : 05-11-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Snowwy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #71
country flag samanosuke

and how you could know if somebody is aware of his trolling ? Maybe he is so lost and lives in delusion so he is actually serious when he is making those kind of posts ? Banning him you are actually hurting his feelings instead of helping him . isn't that some kind of discrimination ?
Old 05-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #72
country flag Snowwy

Quote:
and how you could know if somebody is aware of his trolling ? Maybe he is so lost and lives in delusion so he is actually serious when he is making those kind of posts ? Banning him you are actually hurting his feelings instead of helping him . isn't that some kind of discrimination ?
I do agree. Sometimes it can be very difficult.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #73
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

If pusher for life was banned, how come Mark Lenders wasn't? Not that I want Mark Lenders banned; he is a great poster. But Lenders has said all the exact same things pusher for life has said in all the same threads + more.

Also, what is a definition/example of trolling?
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #74
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

GSMNadal banned? For gloating/trolling?

Surely no more than a few days.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #75
country flag Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
GSMNadal banned? For gloating/trolling?

Surely no more than a few days.
Accumulation of forum disruptions - 1 week - Same number of active red cards as pusher for life.

TopSpinDoctor received a warning/infraction as well for the exact same thing, however, he has not accumulated to the level of a banning yet.

Also, this is based off of a rule that the MTF members asked for a month ago in the suggestion section, so to blame moderators is hilarious.