Nole Chat Part 4 - THE EXAM THREAD!!! nerds inside, some survivors too. - Page 183 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #2731
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Titiless Nole Chat Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
So odd that a player who is nearly 22 and hasn't won a single title is touted as the next GOAT.

Tbf, Mikey and others were hyping him even before he beat Djokovic, but it's gotten 10 times worse.

But no matter what he wins now, we will have to hear him being called the best player and capable of beating anyone when he is "on."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Of course Mikey would hype the guy they call Baby Fed
Well, he is good, I have to admit. He only needs to handle his nerve and bolt his head on his shoulder.

Quote:

I'm in misery right now,

There comes a point where it's no fun to watch my fave anymore just because of my nerves. I'm so thankful I had that magical year at IW with Guga even if rain did ruin it somewhat.
vs his turkey

See, bagel last set
Lee is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #2732
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Well, he is good, I have to admit. He only needs to handle his nerve and bolt his head on his shoulder.

vs his turkey

See, bagel last set
I think Grigor is promising, and I like watching him play, but his cramp issue is really going to do him no favours....

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #2733
country flag Katkexxx

Katkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond reputeKatkexxx has a reputation beyond repute

Not reading this thread for 2 days and you wrilte like25 pages

Congratulations, Raquel! You must be very excited When are you leaving?

Also, Jess, you managed to do it on time, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

How is everyone?

I'm going out tonight, it's been over a month sice the last time

And NID Ana would win today and get into her first premier semis in over a year on the weekend when I absolutely can't watch anything but my books

Edit: Dom, have a nice time in Prague! Been there once, it's such a nice city
Katkexxx is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #2734
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
I think Grigor is promising, and I like watching him play, but his cramp issue is really going to do him no favours....
I am quite sure that's the nerve. Because even Nole was a very delicate flower at his age did not cramp after 2 sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkexxx View Post

How is everyone?

And NID Ana would win today and get into her first premier semis in over a year on the weekend when I absolutely can't watch anything but my books
Enjoy tonight. Ana will be fine without you there She will want you to study.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #2735
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

I am out shopping to
Old 05-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #2736
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am quite sure that's the nerve. Because even Nole was a very delicate flower at his age did not cramp after 2 sets .

Must be because he was cramping already in the second set. It seemed to get better in the third.

Rafter had a big problem with cramping too , but he also sweated like twice a normal man.

I'm torn about the guy. He doesn't have the sweetie factor I look for in a fave, but he works with Magnus &co.

Probably the support of the fed crowd will do him in for me.

Funny to hear the Brit commie drooling over the prospect of a Ferrer win as I watch on play back. The other one who I thinks is not actually a Brit, but some commonwealth guy is more objective.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #2737
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So odd that a player who is nearly 22 and hasn't won a single title is touted as the next GOAT.

Tbf, Mikey and others were hyping him even before he beat Djokovic, but it's gotten 10 times worse.

But no matter what he wins now, we will have to hear him being called the best player and capable of beating anyone when he is "on."
People in MTF (and elsewhere to be fair) are getting desperate for the new faces. Ten or twenty years ago it was almost a given that past 26 a tennis career is more-less over. Now that entire top 10 is 26 or more, they are starting to feel uncomfortable I guess Just look at Gasquet who almost nobody takes seriously, he's still head and shoulders above any of the today's "young sensations".
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #2738
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
People in MTF (and elsewhere to be fair) are getting desperate for the new faces. Ten or twenty years ago it was almost a given that past 26 a tennis career is more-less over. Now that entire top 10 is 26 or more, they are starting to feel uncomfortable I guess Just look at Gasquet who almost nobody takes seriously, he's still head and shoulders above any of the today's "young sensations".
Isn't it more that they want someone to support other than Nadal or Djokovic? And also that somebody must be capable of beating them,

Gasquet had this misfortune to beat Federer early in his career so MTF could never take him to heart as he was a threat to "the great man" as this Brit announcer refers to Federer over and over. And then he never proved to be a threat to the players they hated either -- such as Roddick and Nadal. (This before Nole proved to be even more dangerous).

Imagine if Gasquet had Ferrer'sdrive and tenacity!!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #2739
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Also interesting that Federer had confidence problems early in his career.

I think that's one of the reasons he took to this ueber confident self talk that's now become habitual and leads to hia appearing arrogant.

Well, one of the reasons he appears arrogant.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #2740
country flag IncrediBale

IncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond reputeIncrediBale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Enjoy your trip and forget about World Championship Pen will finish first round playoff tomorrow

Of course, ask Olivia out!
Well I hope they will. Did you see Sidney goal yday?

I will do my best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Have fun in Prague
Thank you

Quote:
Thank you It really is
#20 #9 #1 #3Forever loving Noleta
IncrediBale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #2741
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Isn't it more that they want someone to support other than Nadal or Djokovic? And also that somebody must be capable of beating them
Well, Murray and Del Potro would fit to that description, but while they do have fans, it's not unusual that Tomic or Dimitrov still outhype them. They want some sort of Federer's heir and nobody in top 10 is deemed worthy enough it seems
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 05-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #2742
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Well, Murray and Del Potro would fit to that description, but while they do have fans, it's not unusual that Tomic or Dimitrov still outhype them. They want some sort of Federer's heir and nobody in top 10 is deemed worthy enough it seems
True but they also both beat Fed, and so can't win the Fed crowd.

If Murray can beat Nadal at Madrid, he might gain some traction.

Who do you think is going to win this berdych Murray match?
Old 05-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #2743
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncrediBale View Post
Well I hope they will. Did you see Sidney goal yday?

I will do my best

Thank you

Thank you It really is
And don´t forget to ask Olivia for those AO tickets!

Quote:

How is everyone?

Have fun going out and good luck studying, you can do it

And I wouldn´t worry about Ana too much, odds are tomorrow´s match will be one you want to avoid

Quote:
True but they also both beat Fed, and so can't win the Fed crowd.

If Murray can beat Nadal at Madrid, he might gain some traction.

I´d say Berdych, though a Nadal-Murray final would be more comical.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #2744
Slacker

Quote:
Probably Murray if he plays half decent at least. Berdych is a huge headcase these days... or any days
Old 05-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #2745
Slacker

Well, so much for that prediction Murray is still not making enough progress on clay, and Berdych was pretty impressive out there, kept his game tight and now is slight favorite for the finals
Closed Thread