Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and abortion - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #16
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond reputeTennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
They were both multi-millionaires already,
Umm... Who do you think have abortions?
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #17
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
They were both multi-millionaires already, they could have easily paid someone to raise the kid 24/7 for the rest of his/her life and it wouldn't have made a dent on their finances or careers. Purely selfish decision.
oh boy.. she did NOT want to have a baby, it was her choice ... watch this and have some fun man, just relax

Last edited by Alex999 : 05-04-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #18
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Now I didn't want to go there but to say that it was purely Evert's call is absolutely fucking ridiculous,especially considering they were meant to get married shortly. She didn't even ask for his opinion and straight out told him what will happen.

It would have affected differently, for sure, but at the same time there's been plenty of evidence a woman can give birth, come back and be successful in tennis. I always find it absolutely shocking how asymmetric some people's opinion on this matter is.

Maybe Connors should not have published a book and maybe he did because he needs the cash but it doesn't mean he had no right to influence what would happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Why? Agassi's book and his meth addiction were discussed here?
Because it was related to breaking the rules of tennis. I don't think this matter is.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On running away from No1e in London and being fit for the DC cup final
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Anyone who thinks Federer is at 100% after withdrawing from the Masters Cup final less than a week ago probably does not partake in any sort of physical activity.
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.

Last edited by Looner : 05-04-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #19
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Now I didn't want to go there but to say that it was purely Evert's call is absolutely fucking ridiculous,especially considering they were meant to get married shortly. She didn't even ask for his opinion and straight out told him what will happen.

It would have affected differently, for sure, but at the same time there's been plenty of evidence a woman can give birth, come back and be successful in tennis. I always find it absolutely shocking how asymmetric some people's opinion on this matter is.

Maybe Connors should not have published a book and maybe he did because he needs the cash but it doesn't mean he had no right to influence what would happen.

Because it was related to breaking the rules of tennis. I don't think this matter is.
Looner, with all respect, we do not know Evert's side of this story. I'm a liberal and I believe that women can make their choices. I don' judge, I'm not saying it's right or wrong. It was Evert's choice and that's it.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #20
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Evert should have consulted him, but relaying this story to the public to sell books makes me lose respect for him.
This isn't something you dislike about a competitor, or a purely personal revelation, but sharing with the world something profoundly personal that is primaily about someone else's life.

Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #21
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

I'll definitely have to read this one.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #22
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Looner, with all respect, we do not know Evert's side of this story. I'm a liberal and I believe that women can make their choices. I don' judge, I'm not saying it's right or wrong. It was Evert's choice and that's it.
It's more about his lack of choice than hers. He wasn't given one.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On running away from No1e in London and being fit for the DC cup final
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Anyone who thinks Federer is at 100% after withdrawing from the Masters Cup final less than a week ago probably does not partake in any sort of physical activity.
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #23
country flag Alex999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
It's more about his lack of choice than hers. He wasn't given one.
It wouldn't make any difference. She made her choice, nothing Connors could do.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #24
country flag polarisgalaxy

polarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why people are surprised? Abortion is ALWAYS the woman's choice and not the man's choice so Jimmy Connors got that part right. And by the way according to Planned Parenthood 1 in 3 women have an abortion in their lifetime it is VERY COMMON. Billie Jean King also had an abortion she wanted to continue her tennis career. I am sure Chris Evert, Billie Jean King aren't the only female tennis stars who had to have an abortion in order to continue a tennis career. When a female athlete has a baby she needs like over a year off to have the child and get back into shape. Tennis now is a multi million dollar business, I can honestly see why female tennis players have abortions. One year off the WTA Tour can set a top female tennis player back from the pack. A sensible thing to do is to have an abortion Chris Evert made the right decision.
polarisgalaxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #25
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Well, let's suppose he wanted her to have the baby, but she didn't want to have it. Is she supposed to have to go through with the pregnancy (and believe me that was a lot bigger deal back then that it is now) and flush her career just because he wanted her to do it? I don't see him claiming he offered to marry her. He just wanted nature to take it's course which is great when nature taking its course didn't affect him at all physically, financially, or professionally. She's the one who was going to bear ALL of the bad consequences, and he was not going to have any bad consequences.

And then he's upset because she turns cold when he basically says he wants to back off the relationship? Yeah. What did he want her to do? Sob and beg him? She's got her pride too.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #26
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They were both multi-millionaires already, they could have easily paid someone to raise the kid 24/7 for the rest of his/her life and it wouldn't have made a dent on their finances or careers. Purely selfish decision.
oh gawd..

a tough life is awaiting you young fellow...you need to get a clue real fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #27
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Move to boring gossip section please.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #28
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Connors trying to be relevant again

Federer's peak is supposedly in 2004-2007, but his best grass match was WI 2009 final, his best hard court match was WTF 2010 final, and his best clay match was RG 2011 SF

34 year old Agassi took peak Federer to 5 sets at U.S Open but any problem cannot be found? GOAT argument
20 y.o. Djokovic straight setted prime Federer at Aus. Open but any problem cannot be found? GOAT argument
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #29
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Frankly, it doesn't really matter what both of them decided when they were 19 years old. It was 40 years ago.
What matters is that Jimmy revealed it today without her permission.

Bastard.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #30
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Well, let's suppose he wanted her to have the baby, but she didn't want to have it. Is she supposed to have to go through with the pregnancy (and believe me that was a lot bigger deal back then that it is now) and flush her career just because he wanted her to do it? I don't see him claiming he offered to marry her. He just wanted nature to take it's course which is great when nature taking its course didn't affect him at all physically, financially, or professionally. She's the one who was going to bear ALL of the bad consequences, and he was not going to have any bad consequences.

And then he's upset because she turns cold when he basically says he wants to back off the relationship? Yeah. What did he want her to do? Sob and beg him? She's got her pride too.
Exactly. Easy for a man to say let nature takes its cause when he can pretty much live his life unchanged (at least until the baby is born), while everything in her life will change the moment she got pregnant, nothing will be the same. I agree that the man's opinion on the decision should be considered, but the man needs to put himself in her shoes in the first place and not only think about himself.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote