Best Batman villains - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who is the best of the 3 main Batman villains?

Ra's al Ghul 1 4.76%
The Joker 18 85.71%
Bane 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #31
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Batman villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
I think while Heath did an amazing job, like truly amazing, the character of the Joker in general in comics and shows and movies generally is just a very powerful and unique one

I think (as others have mentioned) Jack Nicholson's Joker was also fantastic while more theatrical than Ledgers

it's a character that is hard to make un interesting
Heath Ledger's amazing performance was part of what made it great.
But what I liked the most was the absence of a background story and a clear motivation for the character. Which makes Nolan's Joker different, also from other versions of the character, and more interesting as a villain in my opinion.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #32
country flag Andresito

Andresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond reputeAndresito has a reputation beyond repute

Joker.

Also, I really like the concept for Poison Ivy.

Argentum Virtus Robur et Studium
Andresito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #33
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. Freeze

Loved his story the most.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #34
country flag tennisprince

tennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond reputetennisprince has a reputation beyond repute

Joker is brilliant and the concept as a villain is really good. I like when both Jack Ncholson and Heath ledger played the characters brilliantly.

Heath ledger was probably my favourite.

They should bring in some female villains now, lol.
tennisprince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #35
country flag Chair Umpire

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D. View Post
I don't like the Nolan movies. Batman is not a serious thing. Two-Face from the 90s cartoon was the best villain.
+1

Nolan = Most overrated filmmaker at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Edberg must be spinning in his grave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
As usual Mjau! is right on the money. Her analysis is flawless. It is unfortunate not everyone is as brilliant as her.
Butthurtism in Tennis Thread (demonstration inside).
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #36
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag View Post
even when it comes to Nolan movies , the joker was better . And in the whole batman universe , nothing really beats him as he was the perfect enemy . Very dangerous and cunning but showing himself to be carefree and funny . He was the opposite of Batman and was loved by many

This award will always go to the Joker
Not really. Batman could kick his has physically all the time. You almost feel Batman felt sorry for him at times in a fight. Bane on the other hand toyed with Batman in the sewer fight. Utter ownage.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #37
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Two face (though not the ridiculous Tommy Lee Jones version of course), to me the second best Batman villain after the Joker.

It annoyed me how he was wasted in the Dark Knight and the Nolan series.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #38
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

If we're sticking to Nolan's movies, it's close between Bane and The Joker. Bane was an absolutely menacing character.

Tom Hardy's portrayal of the character is phenomenal. The voice bothered me at first, but not for long. I wish he would have kept his build from The Warrior, but I guess he was directed to put on more mass (resulting in sort of a gut). Other than that, though, just outstanding.

The character Bane, when handled by the right writers, is great. He's not just some steroidal brute, but a cerebral force as well. He tactically broke The Bat physically and mentally.

I have to give props to Nolan and Cilian Murphy for the portrayal of Scarecrow, who I never thought much of outside of the TDK trilogy. But outside of his film series, Two Face and Freeze have both been great.
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.

Last edited by BackhandDTL : 05-13-2013 at 09:47 PM.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #39
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
If we're sticking to Nolan's movies, it's close between Bane and The Joker. Bane was an absolutely menacing character.

Tom Hardy's portrayal of the character is phenomenal. The voice bothered me at first, but not for long. I wish he would have kept his build from The Warrior, but I guess he was directed to put on more mass (resulting in sort of a gut). Other than that, though, just outstanding.

The character Bane, when handled by the right writers, is great. He's not just some steroidal brute, but a cerebral force as well. He tactically broke The Bat physically and mentally.

I have to give props to Nolan and Cilian Murphy for the portrayal of Scarecrow, who I never thought much of outside of the TDK trilogy. But outside of his film series, Two Face and Freeze have both been great.
Good post except for the bolded part. You will find a lot of body builders have this kind of 'gut'. It's not a weakness. It's genetic. Bane's build in the movie is perfect for me and what I want to look like.

302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #40
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Riddler ofc.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote