Discuss YOUR tennis - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 AM   #31
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Discuss YOUR tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinfetishist View Post
C'mon Freak, you're not trying.

PS: I don't think Freaky likes me.
Yes I am.

PS: That factoid was already implied once you decided to take that username.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #32
country flag Topspinfetishist
Banned!

Topspinfetishist has a reputation beyond reputeTopspinfetishist has a reputation beyond reputeTopspinfetishist has a reputation beyond reputeTopspinfetishist has a reputation beyond reputeTopspinfetishist has a reputation beyond reputeTopspinfetishist has a reputation beyond reputeTopspinfetishist has a reputation beyond reputeTopspinfetishist has a reputation beyond reputeTopspinfetishist has a reputation beyond reputeTopspinfetishist has a reputation beyond reputeTopspinfetishist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Yes I am.

PS: That factoid was already implied once you decided to take that username.
What a shallow basis to judge someone by!
Topspinfetishist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #33
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinfetishist View Post
What a shallow basis to judge someone by!
I'm not judging you as a person. I'm judging you as a poster on a forum.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #34
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

I've already discussed my background in tennis in another thread, which I could copy here if need be, but I figured I'd more or less talk about my game as it stands.

Certain aspects of my game have recently improved quite substantially.

I got a private lesson from a good friend of mine and coach of the women's team at a local University. She did wonders for my forehand in particular by mending my stroke to ensure that I employ the double-bend technique more consistently. Resultantly, my forehand's a lot more polished and reliable these days.

Just weeks ago, I had a discussion with my boss, the chief director at a local tennis facility, about how to teach the mechanics of the serve today as oppose to what they were years ago. I goofed around with the "new" technique one day and it yielded strong improvements on my first serve, which is now faster than it has ever been.

While my volleys have undoubtedly dipped in quality recently, I actually feel pretty great about the shape of my game as a whole right now.

Last edited by BackhandDTL : 10-31-2012 at 06:46 AM.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #35
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

Still play a lot, i think i have got the hang of pushers now ! best advice i have had is to just keep hitting it hard and don,t worry about making mistakes , i got thrashed by a pusher/ counter puncher 6-1 , 6-3 a few weeks back, just too many mistakes. played a pusher saturday , went 5-0 up and he got it back to 5-4, just with me making mistakes and him passing/lobbing me and the odd d shot. held out thought in the end. i wouldent say i have one style , i come into net now and again. i sometimes go a little counter puncherish, and sometimes just stay behind the baseline. it,s whatever you have to do to win and I am sure everyones the same.
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #36
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Djoker View Post
Still play a lot, i think i have got the hang of pushers now ! best advice i have had is to just keep hitting it hard and don,t worry about making mistakes , i got thrashed by a pusher/ counter puncher 6-1 , 6-3 a few weeks back, just too many mistakes. played a pusher saturday , went 5-0 up and he got it back to 5-4, just with me making mistakes and him passing/lobbing me and the odd d shot. held out thought in the end. i wouldent say i have one style , i come into net now and again. i sometimes go a little counter puncherish, and sometimes just stay behind the baseline. it,s whatever you have to do to win and I am sure everyones the same.
Not really. There are players who play to win, there are players who play to play. Many players are out there are unrelenting and will keep grinding out the match or they'll just keep going for winners. When you go up against good players you'll find less and less desperation and more players that are trying to place their actual game on you.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #37

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Not really. There are players who play to win, there are players who play to play. Many players are out there are unrelenting and will keep grinding out the match or they'll just keep going for winners. When you go up against good players you'll find less and less desperation and more players that are trying to place their actual game on you.
Ow well . I play to win above all else . I am ranked as a county player now ( I would not consider myself anything close to that level thought) . It,s a strange format thought ! It,s first to 4 games , I played 3 matches as I won my 2nd one 4-1 , 4-2 . Absolute garbage player I beat thought . He actually said to me , " I am not being funny mate I am a better player than you " if you call Bombing the ball into the bottom of the net and long a better player ? I did,nt win a game off the other 2 thought . Not very encouraged when I found out the first guy had 16 years playing experience on me thought .
Old 04-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #38
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

I just got back into tennis a few months ago after not playing for a few years. Even when I did play, it was just with friends. Didn't even understand the concepts of topspin, etc.

Now I have taught myself a decent forehand that can generate topspin, but my backhand is still pretty much all slice. Slice comes naturally to me and I'm struggling to develop a topspin backhand because I am so much more comfortable slicing it. Serve is starting to come around. Overall, I'm alright. Don't have the best of skills but a decent serve, good forehand, solid defensive backhand, and strong tactics allows me to stay competitive against more talented players.

Main goals right now are to:
- Continue to develop serve
- Develop a topspin backhand
- Always improving forehand consistency
- Improve fitness & footwork
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #39
country flag Moonball Pusher

Moonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond reputeMoonball Pusher has a reputation beyond repute

Epic match yesterday.

Last edited by Moonball Pusher : 05-02-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Moonball Pusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #40
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Had a hit on the hardcourts the other day. Usually more of a clayanator, but decided to make the temporary switch. Ball actually bounced much higher than what I'm used to. There was also a clay court right next to it with grass and roots growing from the ground. It was a depressing sight and instantly reminded me of MTF and the excessive "tennis is dead" trite.
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:09 PM   #41

Comps coming up soon ! I,ve entered 2 singles events and a doubles ! Gotta do better than last year . I hope lol
Old 06-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #42

Lost my first singles at a tennis centre . Lost 6-0 6-0 could not handle him at all ! Totally outclassed . Won the first doubles with my partner at another club . 7-5 , 7-6 (4) . I played with slight cramp threw out from being squashed in a car for half the day after coming back from holiday .
Old 06-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #43
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbmike View Post
Epic match yesterday.
What happened.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #44
country flag itsmeagain

itsmeagain is on a distinguished road

I mostly play doubles but with just random partners so its all over the place
There is almost no singles at my club but i have entered both of the two singles evens that i can.
I'm quite tall and often rise up on my shots which is a bad habit, im a total pusher that lacks aggression and im passive and tentative. I have a hard time when other people start lobbing rackets around and getting all emotional on court.

Im trying a new racket string tension to see if i can get a little more spin and hit the ball a bit harder. I've recently experimented with a nadal style forehand and im pretty good against a wall but mistimed it a few times in real games.

Thats about all i can say
itsmeagain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #45
country flag Chip & Charge

Chip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back playing tournaments again now after 7/8 years off. Played loads when I was a youngster - was on LTA Futures programme and then switched to hockey when I was 14/15. Now coming back to tennis again and really enjoying it First tournament started on Saturday: my 1st round opponent withdrew and then I beat the 4th seed 6-3, 6-1 in the 2nd round - got my quarter final on Wednesday!
Chip & Charge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote