Eliminate the Permaban - Jelena - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #61
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eliminate the Permaban - Jelena

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Sorry, but you are simplifying stuff a lot

Forget his perennial "i'm smart you are not" attitude but that post in Miss MTF was extremely rude and offensive and his ban completely justified.
What I don't agree with, was the fact that he was practically witchhunted after he came back despite his obvious change of tone. It was like the mods just waited breathlessly for him to make a mistake to permaban him.

For all his Nadal hate, he was an intelligent, knowledgeable poster. Sad to see the stupid, unfunny trolls thriving now while he's permabanned.

Regarding your "almost" permaban, that's a clear case with what's wrong with MTF moderation atm
As if the current lineup of trolls aren't being carded, temp banned and even permabanned. They aren't thriving, just look at the ban list from time to time and you'll realize how often these funny trolls will most likely get 1+ year temp bans or even permabans. Ironically at the moment, the temp ban list is rather a small group.
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #62
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
What I don't agree with, was the fact that he was practically witchhunted after he came back despite his obvious change of tone. It was like the mods just waited breathlessly for him to make a mistake to permaban him.
I remember that I and also some other users weren't satisfied with the justification of the permaban in the banned users thread. "Was warned after coming back of a 1-yr-ban, broke rules again." Which rule? What did he do? We didn't get an answer to that until now. At this point the communication about Feldman's ban is better, that doesn't change the fact that the ban is ridiculous considering the post he was eventually banned for.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #63
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
I remember that I and also some other users weren't satisfied with the justification of the permaban in the banned users thread. "Was warned after coming back of a 1-yr-ban, broke rules again." Which rule? What did he do? We didn't get an answer to that until now. At this point the communication about Feldman's ban is better, that doesn't change the fact that the ban is ridiculous considering the post he was eventually banned for.
I think something that some users tend to struggle with is the term accumulation. The last post does not have to be worse than all others. It simply has to be an infraction that brings the accumulation to a set amount, usually after a set of shorter bannings.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #64
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

that still doesn't explain which rule he broke. This is the question we had. To transparency belongs imo also that we get to know what a poster did wrong as this could prevent that others fall into the same trap.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #65
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I think something that some users tend to struggle with is the term accumulation. The last post does not have to be worse than all others. It simply has to be an infraction that brings the accumulation to a set amount, usually after a set of shorter bannings.
Problem is, the last two things he was banned for were ridiculous reasons, therefore if those decisions were rightfully overturned, Mikey would not be banned.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #66
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

"prevent others from falling into the same trap".

lofty goal but in reality, I don't think it's going to stop many from doing so.

Take the "wishing death" rule. You can be for or against that rule but at the moment, this rule is valid on MTF and as such, it's a very simple one: do not wish death, not even as a joke,...
--> It's a very clear rule IMO and yet, many keep falling into the same trap. Just look at the temporary bans at the moment and see how many of them have received their ban due to wishing death.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #67
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

While some of us may not agree with the decision, keep in mind that the mod team is being much more lenient. They are accepting many other new ideas and are being very open-minded to other suggestions

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #68
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

honest to God, there are some banned users that I never want to 'see' in my life. You don't get permanent ban just because mods or whoever don't like you. Chances are you got 15/20 infractions before mods have to ban you. Meaning, you keep breaking the rules and you don't want to smarten up/change. Btw, every single forum on the internet regardless if it's about cooking or sport have an option to ban members permanently if they don't follow the rules of that particular forum.

On the other hand, there are some banned members that I really miss. Feldman is one of them. He was funny and intelligent but he also always pushed the limits. He'd say outrageous/really nusty stuff about Djokovic (my favorite player), and I would laugh because he was so witty. then he would PM me and we'd laugh together. We like completely different players, but we got along so well. I think he was misunderstood, and his sense of humor was too sophisticated for some people to understand. But, it's a tiny line.

So, I don't know.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread