S.Q.T. (stupid question thread) - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-28-2013, 07:34 AM   #391
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: S.Q.T. (stupid question thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beotiger View Post
Well I understand that the rule exists. I simply feel that its un just, and would be more interesting if changed. As in "replay the point, second serve".

I guess I wanted to have a debate about it, but then again, this is the S.Q.T.
There isn't much to debate about. Almost everyone (possibly everyone) would agree with your view point. If I were to play devil's advocate, the only thing I can come up is that it would mess with the "rhythm" between first and second serves. I guess it is an unsaid rule that the first and second serves should be one after the other with absolutely no gap. The same reason that after serving a let on first serve, players take another ball to serve instead of just using the one in their pocket.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #392
country flag hilluis

hilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond reputehilluis has a reputation beyond repute

Where has the drop down Fan Forum gone? it is no longer there....
hilluis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #393
country flag Beta2k

Beta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond reputeBeta2k has a reputation beyond repute

i would be interested in the field with most lucky losers? a list with draws with many lucky losers would be even better
this week's rome has to be in the top 10 of such fields
see here: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2013/5057/mds.pdf
Beta2k is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #394
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by beotiger View Post
Well I understand that the rule exists. I simply feel that its un just, and would be more interesting if changed. As in "replay the point, second serve".

I guess I wanted to have a debate about it, but then again, this is the S.Q.T.
Any interruptions in a service always lead to a first serve. If a let is needed on a second service for any reason other than the ball hitting the net cord, the only example that comes to mind is something coming onto the court immediately after the serve is hit, or after the return is hit, then you get a 1st serve. If you break a string as you're hitting a first serve, when you switch racquets you get your first serve back again. Most rules lead to a first service, as it is the fairest thing to do.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #395
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Center court in Dusseldorf have lights?

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 125(Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 70 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:5 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #396
country flag Julián Santiago

Julián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond repute

No idea
Julián Santiago is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #397
country flag EddceLLent

EddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond reputeEddceLLent has a reputation beyond repute
Default French Open App?

I've just been on the RG website and it says there's an iPhone app but I can't find it on app store when I search for it; tried French Open, tried Roland Garros....anyone know what it's called?
Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #398
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: French Open App?

If you can't find it directly, you can download the ATP/WTA Live app, click the "Roland Garros" button under tour events, and that will take you to the page whereon you can download the FO one.

From what I've read though, it's terrible.
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:39 AM   #399
country flag too_old_4_this

too_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hitting Partners

My first post and, of course, it's a stupid question.

Most of the time, the players practice on their own or have a regular hitting partner. But every now and then they hit with another pro.

Do the coaches ask for certain players that will give their player a specific kind of workout? Do the players just pick a friend to hit with? Do they just run into each other in the locker room and decide to practice together?

All of the above? None of the above?

I've never been to a live tennis match so I don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Thanks in advance to all responders.
too_old_4_this is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #400
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

All of the above, pretty much.

TT Singles: 105 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 48 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #401
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hitting Partners

Quote:
Originally Posted by too_old_4_this View Post
My first post and, of course, it's a stupid question.

Most of the time, the players practice on their own or have a regular hitting partner. But every now and then they hit with another pro.

Do the coaches ask for certain players that will give their player a specific kind of workout? Do the players just pick a friend to hit with? Do they just run into each other in the locker room and decide to practice together?

All of the above? None of the above?

I've never been to a live tennis match so I don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Thanks in advance to all responders.
As said, all of the above.

Also, you can write your name on a board signifying interest in playing with anyone who wants to play. That is what Nick Kyrgios did recently. When he came back to the bord, Novak Djokovic had entered his name next to his. So they had a session together. In other words, even the top stars haven't got everything specified long in advance.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #402
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which courts are cover with cameras?

Which one?
petar_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #403
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which courts are cover with cameras?

http://www.streamhunter.eu/tennis-li...ing-video.html
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #404
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Pc/sl/1/2/3/6/7
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #405
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

All of them are covered, bloody rain

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote