Ask the board Thread - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #211
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask the board Thread

Hi I have a little issue, in Sao Paulo one player that reach the final was banned (samanosuke) and he send me his picks by e-mail, I don't know if I have to count the picks or not u.ú
bry17may is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #212
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

This is what the rules say
Quote:
Are banned players allowed to play Tennis Tipping?

No.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #213
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond repute

someone told me I think it was marto that if the player sends picks before they're banned, their picks can count. i had a simlair situation.

Tennis Tipping Manager/Player.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #214
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I'll defer to the rest of the board as I'm not 100% sure but my understanding is that we should not accept picks from a banned player.

More practically if you do, you're guaranteeing a walkover in the next round as that player cant make any future picks.
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #215
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

I also see it as the picks cannot be accepted if the player is banned.

I would assume that the reason the player sent by E mail was because he was banned and couldn't log onto his account?

Well I didn't die - but I did go to a better place. I refused V/S's offer of assistance with advancement in TF if I'd come back to manage TT in MTF and left MTF instead. It did wonders for my TT as I'm now ranked No 1 there

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #216
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond repute

My situation, my partner had sent to me, I was managing, deadline was past when I was posting diffs then noticed he got banned. I was told it was okay to accept his picks..

I think if someone gets banned and then they send picks, that shouldn't count.

Tennis Tipping Manager/Player.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #217
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by traddles View Post
Ok, then please explain these situations:

- traddles: 'In'
- AdeyC: 'Doubles AdeyC/traddles'

That means I'm in Doubles with AdeyC even if I don't want to play with him?

- traddles: 'Doubles traddles/AdeyC'
- Marto: 'Doubles Marto/AdeyC'
- AdeyC: 'In'

Which team AdeyC plays in? Or how do we know he even wants to play Doubles?

Why do you need to complicate things? Since any player has to commit by himself for Singles anyway, would it be hard for him to confirm a Doubles team to spare the manager to send PMs or Ask the Board what should be done in situations like those I presented?

I, for sure, won't admit any not-confirmed team. If i see there are such situations I'll send PMs to managers or announce them on thread, but under no circumstances will accept not-confirmed teams in the Draw. Why should real teams miss the Draw because of the possilble false teams? If the Board feel I break any rules by being so strict, just let me know and we'll see how can be solvved this situation.
1 - In this situation AdeyC has committed traddles/AdeyC as a team. It should be picked up from entry lists that a player was in two events at the same time if one of them also committed somewhere else.

2 - In this situation traddles has committed traddles/AdeyC as a team first

If Marto then said Marto/AdeyC – if it wasn’t noticed straight away the Manager would notice this while doing their Entry Lists and then point out to Marto that AdeyC is already committed with traddles in an earlier post.

Or if AdeyC entered and said just ‘In’ – at that point he would still have been committed into doubles by traddles. If he said 'In with .......' and it wasn't noticed straight away by AdeyC or his planned partner that someone else had committed in with him, the Manager would then notice this at the time he prepares the entry list.

This was something that was voted on by players to keep the rule as one person committing the teams.

Well I didn't die - but I did go to a better place. I refused V/S's offer of assistance with advancement in TF if I'd come back to manage TT in MTF and left MTF instead. It did wonders for my TT as I'm now ranked No 1 there

You can contact me on my TF Account or adriancollins@hotmail.com. I rarely log on here anymore
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #218
country flag traddles

traddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond repute

Still very strange rule for me. I hope i won't have problems with this kind of situation, but I 'll ask for confirmation if there will be the case.

I wonder, if there is this rule, why (almost) all teams are confirmed?

Novak Djokovic *** Gael Monfils *** Kei Nishikori *** Andy Murray

TT: London - Special Olympic Games - Doubles Gold Medal (w/ justafanYYC)
traddles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #219
country flag rvugt
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

rvugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond reputervugt has a reputation beyond repute

Question: I put nicksimioni by accident in both the qualifying draw and the maindraw. 2 players already had a bye in qualification and no alts are available. He didn't send for qualification of course. Do I leave the draw as it is, or do I rearrange the draw so that the 3rd seed will get a bye as well?

rvugt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #220
country flag Mahqz

Mahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond repute

My doubles partner is singles ALT Madrid. We're in doubles MD and I'm in singles MD. Do I still need somebody who receives her picks?
TT Singles ranking: 58 (High: 52)

TT Doubles: W 2013: Winston-Salem, Sarajevo; SF USO (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles: W 2012: Antalya, Tiburon; SF USO (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles: W 2011: Izmir CH (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles ranking: 39 (High: 39)

-- TT Board Member --
Mahqz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #221
country flag goOudinUSA

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond reputegoOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.

In the Johannesburg CH thread, the manager hasn't posted results, OOP, or final diffs. It seems he may have forgotten. What should us players do?
Suicide Tennis: 2013 Barcelona
Federer Haas Querrey Isner Paire Benneteau
Melzer Fish Roger-Vasselin Harrison Hewitt
Blake Sock Johnson Young Carreno-Busta
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #222
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Exchange picks

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 114 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 66 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH, Manta CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #223
country flag supertom

supertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond repute

I might have problems for qualies in Busan next week end? Can somebody help me running the qualies?
Thanks
TT doubles: - Rank 94 (+175 in 2013)
Titles: CH Buenos-Aires'12, Fut Poitiers'13 , CH Caltanisseta'13, ATP Bogota (with Fickelgruber)
PAW: Rank 36 (Race: 19)
FITD: W Kuala Lumpur'12, Dusseldorf'13, 2nd Sydney'13
DTT: W Doubles (w. goOudinUSA)

Allez les Frenchies (Tsonga/Monfils/Gasquet/Simon/Paire/De Scheeper/Pouille/Bourgue)
supertom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:50 AM   #224
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Some new player posted their picks in the thread instead of PMing me and in the wrong form

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...0&postcount=99

Should I count it or not?

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #225
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Some new player posted their picks in the thread instead of PMing me and in the wrong form

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...0&postcount=99

Should I count it or not?
I think it can definitely count but you may want to remind them that's not how we send picks - too much information for the other player
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote