Rhyne Williams - Page 26 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #376
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rhyne Williams

I don't think we should expect too much from a guy who has more fishing rods than tennis rackets. At his current pace, he might have to use the rod to hit the ball. Seriously, 2 rackets left

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube: youtube.com/SapELee485
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 02:13 AM   #377
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Withdrew from Tallahassee. Probably wants to take a break and start training for the European red clay. Good move IMO as he is out of the FO wildcard contention. Next event is Bordeaux challenger in two weeks and then RG qualifying.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #378
country flag kidbourbon

kidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Withdrew from Tallahassee. Probably wants to take a break and start training for the European red clay. Good move IMO as he is out of the FO wildcard contention. Next event is Bordeaux challenger in two weeks and then RG qualifying.
I assume this is a clay event?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:56 PM   #379
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidbourbon View Post
I assume this is a clay event?
you are correct

Old 04-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #380
country flag kidbourbon

kidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond reputekidbourbon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post

How many wildcards do the major's get to allocate? In other words, what ranking do you have to be to avoid qualifying?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #381
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidbourbon View Post
How many wildcards do the major's get to allocate? In other words, what ranking do you have to be to avoid qualifying?
8 wildcards (1 wildcard is a reciprocal between the USTA and the French Tennis Federation). The cutoff for RG is 102. Rhyne will have to qualify.

RG entry list: http://icontent.atpworldtour.com/acc...entID=2013-520

Old 05-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #382
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Backboard: How Do Isner, Mónaco, Almagro and Rhyne Williams Use Video And Stats?

Quote:
The Backboard: How Do Isner, Mónaco, Almagro and Rhyne Williams Use Video And Stats?
By Juan José on April 17, 2013

Welcome to The Backboard, the new home for some of my tennis thoughts and musings. This column will appear every Monday here at The Changeover (this week is an exception). You can find past editions of The Backboard here.
How Do the Houston Semifinalists Use Video and Stats?

As you know, I’m more than a little fixated on the use of statistics and video in sports. I wondered in this same space whether tennis was in the dark ages in terms of using such contemporary tools. Well, last week I had a chance to go gather some information from the players themselves.

While I was covering the Houston ATP 250, also known as the US Men’s Clay Court Championship, I took the opportunity to ask the four men who made the semifinals of the event the same question regarding stats and video. It was simple:

“Do you and/or your team look at statistics or video (of you or your opponents) for scouting, or your own development?”

The answers, unsurprisingly, were quite different. The four men, in case you forgot, were:

- Nicolás Almagro

- Juan Mónaco

- John Isner, and

- Rhyne Williams

A Spaniard, an Argentine, and two Americans. Their respective ages? 27, 29, 27 and 22 (though Isner will turn 28 in less than two weeks).......

.....Rhyne Williams Houston SFs

“Oh, absolutely. Not so much opponents, but my coach videos just about every match I play. A lot of practices, too. So we constantly are looking at video of me to work on things and notice patterns and stuff like that. But, as for opponents, you just gotta ask around. I mean, I’ve seen Almagro play on TV several times, so I kinda know – everyone kinda knows everybody. You can always get some tips from a couple players here and there. But the videoing of my own stuff has been huge for me.”

This was a fascinating answer, and something that had a familiar ring to me. Just days before, I had seen how Craig O’Shannessy (who writes his Brain Game columns for the ATP site as well as for the New York Times Straights Sets blog) unmounted a video camera from the back fence of the court that had just seen his pupil Connor Curry (a high-school junior from Texas) lose his first round qualifying match at the Houston event. Given the equipment Craig had there, it didn’t seem like it was the first time he was taping a tennis match.

Maybe this is the new trend of American coaching: watching a lot of video of the player in question and figuring out where things are problematic, and using all the visual information to fine tune a young person’s game.

Regardless, it was interesting to hear how in Isner and Williams’ case, both players seemed quite engaged with (and happy to acknowledge the positive effect of) their use of video. It also seemed like their relationship with their teams wasn’t as role-defined as in the case of Almagro and Mónaco......
Quote:

Why Nicolás Almagro’s serve is so great – by Rhyne Williams (after losing to Nicolás Almagro in the Houston semifinals)

“It’s such a quick motion that you don’t really have time to anticipate. Maybe some other guys have longer motions and you can kind of tell with the toss where they’re going to go. But his (Almagro’s) is so rapid-fire, so it’s just….I mean, it doesn’t look like he’s going to crush it, but it comes in so fast, and he can pretty much hit every serve, so, uh, I mean…it’s a darn good shot.”

I asked Rhyne about Almagro’s powerful serve after the former Tennessee man lost in the semifinals to the Houston top seed. Given the quality of Williams’ answers in previous days, I was intrigued to hear what the youngster thought about this most unique (and potent) weapon of the ATP World Tour. Rhyne did not disappoint.

Nicolás Almagro, lest we forget, is still leading the tour in the aces category this season (he’s got an 8 ace lead over John Isner), even though he’s played all but three of his events this year on clay (those being the Australian Open, Indian Wells and Miami). I watched Almagro serve in practice, and obviously during matches, and I couldn’t help but marvel at how great his serve is. Almagro is 6 feet tall – not a huge guy. It’s just incredible how his arm and torso just hammer the ball so violently (and accurately) over and over again. .

Sadly, Almagro’s serve did let the Spaniard down in the final: of his four double faults in the deciding match, three came in games where he got broken. Two of them in the key 5-all game in the second set.
http://www.changeovertennis.com/the-...nkings-system/

Old 05-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #383
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

(1)David Goffin (BEL) vs Gastao Elias (POR)
Federico Delbonis (ARG) vs Joao Souza (BRA)
(q) vs Joao Sousa (POR)
Guido Pella (ARG) vs (6)Kenny De Schepper (FRA)

(4)Edouard Roger-Vasselin (FRA) vs (q)
(WC)Josselin Ouanna (FRA) vs (WC)Gael Monfils (FRA)
(q) vs John Millman (AUS)
Rhyne Williams (USA) vs (8)Martin Alund (ARG)

(5)Paul-Henri Mathieu (FRA) vs Steve Johnson (USA)
(WC)Pierre-Hugues Herbert (FRA) vs Steve Darcis (BEL)
(WC)Florent Serra (FRA) vs (q)
Jack Sock (USA) vs (3)Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP)

(7)Sergiy Stakhovsky (UKR) vs Marc Gicquel (FRA)
Michael Berrer (GER) vs Marius Copil (ROU)
Jan-Lennard Struff (GER) vs Daniel Munoz-De La Nava (ESP)
Denis Kudla (USA) vs (2)Michael Llodra (FRA)

Not a very good draw. Alund is a veteran who makes a living off of clay, but good luck.

Last edited by SapELee : 05-14-2013 at 03:50 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #384
country flag Jovard

Jovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond repute

GL

Rhy also plays doubles with Aussie John Peers, they beat Ouanna J./Rochette L. (FRA) 62 76(3) in R1
Old 05-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #385
country flag ttaM

ttaM has a reputation beyond reputettaM has a reputation beyond reputettaM has a reputation beyond reputettaM has a reputation beyond reputettaM has a reputation beyond reputettaM has a reputation beyond reputettaM has a reputation beyond reputettaM has a reputation beyond reputettaM has a reputation beyond reputettaM has a reputation beyond reputettaM has a reputation beyond repute

Alund def Williams: 6-4, 6-4
ttaM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:14 AM   #386
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaM View Post
Alund def Williams: 6-4, 6-4
What's wrong!

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:50 AM   #387
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Sounds like they are having quite an adventure in Paris

Old 05-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #388
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

RGQ

Rhyne Williams (USA) [15] vs. Boy Westerhof (NED)
Mathias Bourgue (FRA) vs. Brydan Klein (GBR)
Martin Fischer (AUT) vs. Nikola Mektic (CRO)
Arnau Brugues-Davi (ESP) vs. Michal Przysiezny (POL) [22]

Good luck.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:52 AM   #389
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Rhyne go for title

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #390
country flag Jovard

Jovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond repute

Won 63 32 RET