Barcelona Open bad weather from Thursday to Sunday. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-26-2013, 01:18 AM   #46
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barcelona Open bad weather from Thursday to Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan2011 View Post
I agree, if they knew rain was forecasted (this is 2013, weather forecasting is both easily obtainable and reliable 4+ days ahead of time) they should have sped up the early rounds/qualies and got more matches in, so in the least they could have been in the semis by now.

If they had to take a day off because of rain, fine, but with just a couple of matches to get in, it would be reasonable. Instead you have a scheduling mishap and a bunch of exhausted players to deal with.

Instead they just ignored that it might be a problem and now they have an issue.
I think it's cause of commitments made to networks that quarterfinals, semifinals, etc. have to be played on certain days.

They pay a certain amount for certain rounds to be broadcast on certain days and tournaments can't back out on that deal, if at all possible.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #47
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmonde View Post
All spanish players have better schedule tomorrow...normal you would say. They have more rest between their matches than Raonic-Gulbis for instance. Only 1 match between the QF for the winner on pista 1.

So last match on center court is a double spaniard teams with stream and a QF single on pista 1 no stream.

Example: Gulbis is scheduled at Munich next week...so if he goes further here, and matches are dealayed due to bad weather means more problem ahead...
This is true but I doubt they give a toss if the other spanish players go out early... so long as Nadal is still in the final.

That's probably why everyone in his half seems to have been given sh**ier scheduling.
nellis_lv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #48
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree, if they knew rain was forecasted (this is 2013, weather forecasting is both easily obtainable and reliable 4+ days ahead of time) they should have sped up the early rounds/qualies and got more matches in, so in the least they could have been in the semis by now.

If they had to take a day off because of rain, fine, but with just a couple of matches to get in, it would be reasonable. Instead you have a scheduling mishap and a bunch of exhausted players to deal with.

Instead they just ignored that it might be a problem and now they have an issue.
Or maybe played the doubles matches more intelligently. like with the team with singles pairing should have been played ahead. Nishikori/Monaco played their first round match monday i believe and their second is scheduled thurdsay.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:39 AM   #49
country flag delboy

delboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond repute

Just finish the kohli match please.. at least that is first on.
delboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:45 AM   #50
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Seems reasonable enough. As was mentioned elsewhere in here, I'm sure some lawyer somewhere made sure that being reasonable wasn't an option.

Also, some impressively gratuitous and stupid trolling on page three of this thread. I look forward to the same posters' thoughts during Basel or Rotterdam (both entertaining enough events before I myself get flamed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
I hate tennis
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:59 AM   #51
country flag motorhead

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Tennis Fan View Post
A few years back at a British futures event Josh Goodall played 6 matches in two days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
he's not gay
put a hand on my ass in sopot when i was 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I learn my learn in Oeiras, the flop was wearing a freaking jumper in a match vs sizzles, well he won, but I swear on my life afterwards' Never in my lifetime, I will bet on this flop'.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:10 AM   #52
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

I've played in the rain on clay courts before. It's actually pretty fun. Tournament executives, give us some fun. To hell with the players. The event is now meaningless since the Nard got eliminated.
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #53
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmonde View Post
All spanish players have better schedule tomorrow...normal you would say. They have more rest between their matches than Raonic-Gulbis for instance. Only 1 match between the QF for the winner on pista 1.

So last match on center court is a double spaniard teams with stream and a QF single on pista 1 no stream.

Example: Gulbis is scheduled at Munich next week...so if he goes further here, and matches are dealayed due to bad weather means more problem ahead...
I hope the whole damn tournament rains out with this pathetic scheduling.
MaratandMilos is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #54
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmartin View Post
Right now Kei is scheduled to potentially play 3 matches tomorrow ... 2 singles and a doubles.
Well one of those will end in retirement/walkover
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #55
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

I remember, 2 years ago, there was one challenger who was stopped after QF, because of weather

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 118(Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 94 (Best 70) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires QF Auckland, QF Houston (with stbanchile)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:3 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote