Is this a good tennis racquet to buy? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-07-2005, 03:17 PM   #16
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this a good tennis racquet to buy?

If you are new to tennis, it really doesn't matter much. Unless you will play at a really high level, differences between racquets don't generate a significantly different outcome. But do try to avoid oddly shaped racquets.

Good luck with your decision

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2005, 04:44 PM   #17
country flag Rex

Rex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond reputeRex has a reputation beyond repute

play with a racket you find good- i went throguh about 7 rackets before finding the right one. You CANNOT find the right one by saying," the pros use that one" , or "its cheap and doesnt look too bad". ITs crap. You NEED to test your rackets- and find out which one feels right. You just need to..........
Srichaphan- The Thai- ger of tennis.
Safin - The of tennis.
Bagdatis- The quotesman of tennis "my coach will watch, i will sleep with my girlfriend"
Kiefer- The naive guy, "yeh, me and seb are good friends"
Santoro- The double handed wizard of tennis.
Lopez- IS my hair right? IS my lipstick right?
Moya- The tatoo and muscles of tennis (although nadal kicks his ass in that department).
Tipsarevic- The tatoo of tennis, competing with moya.
Djokovic- Stole Jiri's surname

Sorry if I left out your favourite, just PM me to let me know-- thanks.
Rex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:47 PM   #18
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex
play with a racket you find good- i went throguh about 7 rackets before finding the right one. You CANNOT find the right one by saying," the pros use that one" , or "its cheap and doesnt look too bad". ITs crap. You NEED to test your rackets- and find out which one feels right. You just need to..........
What are you using at the moment, Reza baby?
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #19
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute

and i'm not sure...but you shouldnt buy your raquet from the internet/catalogue...go to a shop and take it in your hand and such...play a ball serious
misyou25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:11 PM   #20
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misyou25
and i'm not sure...but you shouldnt buy your raquet from the internet/catalogue...go to a shop and take it in your hand and such...play a ball serious
Unless that website/catalogue has a demo program, which Tennis-Warehouse does. It's a bit of a pain to do the shipping and such, but I know someone who tested 4 different Vokl racquets for a week and then bought two of the model that he liked.

(Angle Queen, next time you're in Northern California, call me so we can hit .)

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:13 PM   #21
country flag kek

kek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond reputekek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo
If you are new to tennis, it really doesn't matter much. Unless you will play at a really high level, differences between racquets don't generate a significantly different outcome. But do try to avoid oddly shaped racquets.

Good luck with your decision

Good advice. If you are a beginner, you will not be able to tell much differences in a racquet.

I for one have been playing a very long time and I can tell the difference with a different tension of string from one racquet to the other.

I have tried the n code and it's nice but way overpriced.

I play with the Dunlop 300g. I like it for the value.
kek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #22
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kek
I have tried the n code and it's nice but way overpriced.
It is nice and with a US$220 list, it is overpriced. I shopped around and got it on eBay for considerably less. I normally would much prefer to support my local pro shop...but they get plenty of money from me over the course of a typical season. I felt a little guilty since they're the ones I demoed with...but the owner was very understanding. He also said he expected the price to come down some (but he didn't have any specifics of when or how much).
Old 04-07-2005, 08:30 PM   #23
country flag deliveryman

deliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly... Just get a racquet. You having the best racquet out there isn't going to make a difference if you've been playing the game for 3 months.
deliveryman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:03 PM   #24
country flag The

The has a reputation beyond reputeThe has a reputation beyond reputeThe has a reputation beyond reputeThe has a reputation beyond reputeThe has a reputation beyond reputeThe has a reputation beyond reputeThe has a reputation beyond reputeThe has a reputation beyond reputeThe has a reputation beyond reputeThe has a reputation beyond reputeThe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Okay, we need an Equipment forum. Since you live in the United States, go to www.tennis-warehouse.com and read the entire site, including the messageboard. Demo whatever looks good. (www.tennis.com has a racquet guide that you might find helpful as well).

Short answer - try a Prince racquet. And if anyone tells you to buy a Wilson nCode because that's what Federer uses, walk away very quickly (because it's not what he uses). Good luck with your search.
You must really love TW.
The is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:11 PM   #25
country flag Turkeyballs Paco

Turkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond reputeTurkeyballs Paco has a reputation beyond repute

For me, anything really light or really flexible was really crap. Demo the rackets, even if you are new to tennis, I think.

Get the wrong one, you think you suck or you get tennis elbow after a week, and you'll be more likely to give up on it too quickly.
Turkeyballs Paco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:01 AM   #26
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The
You must really love TW.
Did someone pee in your Cheerios? You seem a bit cynical in this thread...

I neither love nor hate TW, I just think there is a lot of information there and they have a decent demo program.

Last edited by Fee : 04-08-2005 at 12:05 AM.
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:12 AM   #27
country flag TennisLurker

TennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond reputeTennisLurker has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Fee, go to the tenniswarehouse discussion message board, there are many racket freaks there who know a lot.

Good luck to:

Gaudio, Murray, Florian Mayer, Chela, Nalbandian, Radek Stepanek, Volandri, Youzhny and Verdasco.

NICOLAS ALMAGRO IS AN EXOTIC BEAUTY
TennisLurker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote