Ask MTF Mods - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ask MTF Mods

Questions can be asked here to the MTF moderators

If the question relates to a specific infraction, you should either email askmtfmods@gmail.com or send a PM to a moderator or administrator.

Posts that discuss the validity of a ban will be deleted as they are not questions to the moderators.

This thread is not for discussions about any particular event that happened. If you want a discussion, continue to use the PM feature. This is only for questions to moderators

Last edited by Snowwy : 05-23-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Snowwy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Why do the mods continue to cultivate this air of "we are listening to you" when you are really not and you don't give a shit?

Why did you de-mod EnriqueIG8, the only mod who had the chance of bridging the gap from mod to user?

Why did you not change the permaban rule at all despite most of MTF wanting it gone?

Why is the ACC remaining banned despite everyone wanting it back?

Why did you basically not change anything after the period of opening thread and user suggested changes and still spout that useless askmtfmods@gmail account where the appeal goes right back to the executioner?

Why does every thread end like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Thank you for your suggestion.

The current system will remain.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Perma-ban shouldn't be removed. It's illogical and makes no sense.

Agree with the rest.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Who is/are the owner/s of MTF?

Why do we never hear from the owner/s even though the admin team constantly state they are under orders from the owners?

Are the admins/mods yes men?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.

Last edited by ProdigyEng : 04-23-2013 at 02:48 PM.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Why do the mods continue to cultivate this air of "we are listening to you" when you are really not and you don't give a shit?

Why did you de-mod EnriqueIG8, the only mod who had the chance of bridging the gap from mod to user?

Why did you not change the permaban rule at all despite most of MTF wanting it gone?

Why is the ACC remaining banned despite everyone wanting it back?

Why did you basically not change anything after the period of opening thread and user suggested changes and still spout that useless askmtfmods@gmail account where the appeal goes right back to the executioner?

Why does every thread end like this:
1. If you expected us to change every suggestion, you need to give your head a shake. There were I think 5 changes, which is probably the most changes to the MTF rules from user-based suggestions in one day.

2. Ask him why it happened.

3. There was a change to the permanent ban rule that makes it a bit less strict or quick. Just in case you are wondering, you are in the minority wanting it eliminated. Remember that posters can PM their feedback and don't need to post it there. I repeat, you were in the minority.

4. Again, it is not the case, I alone have received 36 PM's or reps thanking me for cancelling it. I get that you want it, but to say that everyone does is simply not true. It is against the site rules and a response was made in the suggestion thread.

5. You may find the email address useless because there was substantial proof of your infraction but it is not useless for some users. When an email is sent, a thread is set up for the administrators where the infraction is discussed. In case you are wondering, an infraction was just overturned on Sunday through that process. Try not to get your personal agenda in the way of what is good for MTF.

6. If you would prefer, in the future we can ignore suggestions that we don't like and then you'll never know if we aren't implementing it or aren't reading it.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Who is/are the owner/s of MTF?

Why do we never hear from the owner/s even though the admin team constantly state they are under orders from the owners?

Are the admins/mods yes men?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
1. http://www.verticalscope.com/

2. We speak to a representative from the owners as often as we want. They own over 400 sites so I guess they don't come on and post on each one every day.

3. Classy.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. http://www.verticalscope.com/

2. We speak to a representative from the owners as often as we want. They own over 400 sites so I guess they don't come on and post on each one every day.

3. Classy.
Do the owners give you direct rules that you have to stick to?

Is steve real or is he just a fictional character created by the owners?

argument.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:07 AM   #8
Snowwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Do the owners give you direct rules that you have to stick to?

Is steve real or is he just a fictional character created by the owners?
Vertical Scope provides the terms of service.

http://www.verticalscope.com/aboutus...nnisforums.com

I am not sure about Steve. I think maybe he was the original owner. Now it is an account used by a real person at Vertical Scope, but not the original Steve as far as I am know.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #9
country flag ProdigyEng

Thanks for the answers.

argument.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #10
country flag SliceAce

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3. There was a change to the permanent ban rule that makes it a bit less strict or quick. Just in case you are wondering, you are in the minority wanting it eliminated. Remember that posters can PM their feedback and don't need to post it there. I repeat, you were in the minority.

4. Again, it is not the case, I alone have received 36 PM's or reps thanking me for cancelling it. I get that you want it, but to say that everyone does is simply not true. It is against the site rules and a response was made in the suggestion thread.
So the overwhelming negative response on the forums is not a majority but some private messages which we can't see are? Interesting logic... If you want to know what the majority thinks, why not hold a vote or a poll since that's the only possible way to actually determine such a thing no matter how much bold text you use? But we all know that's out of the question.
Quote:
6. If you would prefer, in the future we can ignore suggestions that we don't like and then you'll never know if we aren't implementing it or aren't reading it.
Oh man, the irony...it's killing me But I guess not knowing if you read it is preferable to knowing you read it but don't care and there's nothing we can do about it. The former at least gives us vain hope to cling to.
SliceAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #11
country flag Clashcityrocker

Clashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
So the overwhelming negative response on the forums is not a majority but some private messages which we can't see are? Interesting logic... If you want to know what the majority thinks, why not hold a vote or a poll since that's the only possible way to actually determine such a thing no matter how much bold text you use? But we all know that's out of the question.

Oh man, the irony...it's killing me But I guess not knowing if you read it is preferable to knowing you read it but don't care and there's nothing we can do about it. The former at least gives us vain hope to cling to.

there was a thread with a poll here yesterday but it suddenly disappeared into thin air....
Richard Krajicek Fernando Gonzalez Stefan Edberg John McEnroe Kent Carlsson Miloslav Mecir Patrick Rafter Yannick Noah Gustavo Kuerten Pete Sampras Mark Koevermans Joachim Johansson Jacco Eltingh Jan Siemerink Goran Ivanisevic Pat Cash Henri Leconte Agustin Calleri Tim Mayotte Nicolas Escude Hicham Arazi Paul Haarhuis Tim Henman Michael Stich Marcelo Rios Max Mirnyi Gaston Gaudio Sjeng Schalken Alberto Mancini Mariano Zabaleta Kose Acasuso Andres Gomez Taylor Dent Mats Wilander Guillermo Perez Roldan David Nalbandian Petr Korda Rod Laver Bjorn Borg Guillermo Vilas
Clashcityrocker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
country flag Andreas
Новак Ђоковић

Andreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
I think you need to consider that some of the advocates of getting rid of the permaban, bringing back ACC, etc. have some pretty dominant personalities. Just because a group of people is more vocal than others doesn't mean that it's in the majority. The members of it are just more noticeable. I even recall someone getting more or less attacked for wanting the permaban to stay. It's perfectly fine if people want to express their thoughts or opinion through pm when the tone here is as negative as it is.

. . . . . .
Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #13
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
I think you need to consider that some of the advocates of getting rid of the permaban, bringing back ACC, etc. have some pretty dominant personalities. Just because a group of people is more vocal than others doesn't mean that it's in the majority. The members of it are just more noticeable. I even recall someone getting more or less attacked for wanting the permaban to stay. It's perfectly fine if people want to express their thoughts or opinion through pm when the tone here is as negative as it is.
I love how you think MTF members are all fools who will actually believe this very poorly fabricated nonsense Luckily, this imaginary/non existent problem has a pretty easy solution: get an anonymous poll going, that way we'll get a gauge of the numbers without those people with 'weak personalities' being attacked, since they will remain anonymous.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #14
country flag Clashcityrocker

Clashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I love how you think MTF members are all fools who will actually believe this very poorly fabricated nonsense Luckily, this imaginary/non existent problem has a pretty easy solution: get an anonymous poll going, that way we'll get a gauge of the numbers without those people with 'weak personalities' being attacked, since they will remain anonymous.
There was a poll, Masterclass posted one here yesterday but it's vanished..how strange
Richard Krajicek Fernando Gonzalez Stefan Edberg John McEnroe Kent Carlsson Miloslav Mecir Patrick Rafter Yannick Noah Gustavo Kuerten Pete Sampras Mark Koevermans Joachim Johansson Jacco Eltingh Jan Siemerink Goran Ivanisevic Pat Cash Henri Leconte Agustin Calleri Tim Mayotte Nicolas Escude Hicham Arazi Paul Haarhuis Tim Henman Michael Stich Marcelo Rios Max Mirnyi Gaston Gaudio Sjeng Schalken Alberto Mancini Mariano Zabaleta Kose Acasuso Andres Gomez Taylor Dent Mats Wilander Guillermo Perez Roldan David Nalbandian Petr Korda Rod Laver Bjorn Borg Guillermo Vilas
Clashcityrocker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #15
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

I see one member is banned for match fixing allegations. Since when this rule has been actual ? I have seen zillion posts where people(including me) were saying that one match was fixed, using nicknames like Fixarevic, etc ... and nobody got banned ?