Whole Foods Vows to Label GMO’s by 2018 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #31
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whole Foods Vows to Label GMO’s by 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by allpro View Post
if the safety of gm foods is conclusive, then why the collusion between the FDA, USDA and Monsanto/biotech? and why are they spending millions to block labeling? it’s the same revolving door as the banksters, the SEC, and the fed, and we’ve all seen what that’s wrought. it doesn’t take a genius to figure out what’s going on behind the scenes. just put two and two together.

what does religion have to do with this? or was that supposed to be some kind of silly dig? stick to the topic.
I think labeling is a good idea, sure why not? I can see why the companies would fight it though, their revenue would probably decrease due to reduced demand of products which is fueled by irrational fears. The European commission did a study on GMO and concluded this on their safety:

Quote:
Indeed, the use of more precise technology and greater regulatory scrutiny probably make them even safer than conventional plants and foods; and if there are unforeseen environmental effects – none have appeared as yet – these should be rapidly detected by our monitoring requirements. On the other hand, the benefits of these plants and products for human health and the environment become increasingly clear.
Source: http://academicsreview.org/2010/03/f...not-fake-ones/

Original research can be found in the EC vault on GMOs:
http://ec.europa.eu/food/food/biotec...y/index_en.htm

I mentioned religion because this movement seems to share a lot in common with religion. Belief in spite of lack of evidence is one of them. I wouldn't be surprised if many religious people were predisposed to other forms of quackery as well. This discussion becomes quite difficult when we shy away from actual evidence and proceed to form conspiracy theories.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #32
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

This is intriguing. Especially for where I live atm. I'm in the organic capitol of the nation, which pretty much founded Whole Foods, haha.

I kinda hope they do this. Just to help out the local farmers

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #33
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

Sean Poulter – GM food toxins found in the blood of 93% of unborn babies GM firms claimed toxins were destroyed in the gut

Read more: http://prn.fm/2012/04/03/sean-poulte...#ixzz2OUsPUgt6

Jeffrey Smith – GMO Health Risks

http://prn.fm/2012/04/03/jeffrey-smi...#axzz2OUrmTuZo

Major study proves cancer dangers of GM food
Quote:
London - Eating a GM food diet over a lifetime can cause breast cancer, severe organ damage and early death, a breakthrough scientific study has revealed.

The first lifetime trials involving rats fed on GM corn found a raised incidence of breast tumours, liver and kidney damage.
http://www.iol.co.za/scitech/science...food-1.1387545

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #34
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a huge no no.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #35
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

As time goes on more information will come out.

The two sides are really having a battle but Monsanto has so much money and people in government to support them.

The people in government have chances to work with Monsanto in one way or another so will side with them.

The promise of making money really deters how far the government will go to protect the people it governs.

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
Old 03-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #36
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure many people will be happy with the Monsanto Protection Act Obama recently signed.
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:19 AM   #37
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it is only fair they label GMOs. After all, they are good enough to label somes things "organic" so that I can avoid the rotten stuff.

Last edited by buddyholly : 03-30-2013 at 02:51 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:41 AM   #38
country flag swisht4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mug View Post
I'm sure many people will be happy with the Monsanto Protection Act Obama recently signed.
They are now officially protected.
Controlling the worlds food supply looks like it could come.
They will make the decisions on what mutated food we eat.

With contamination, meaning the seeds are everywhere it may be too late to have purely natural crops in the near future.

If anything goes wrong there will be nowhere to turn for food, maybe humans will be OK but only bees will die off.
The mutated seeds may not produce something that insects need but we don't know about it yet. This could disrupt the food chain irreparably.

Nature makes it's own mutations also, how it decides to do it is unknown.

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
Old 04-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #39
country flag swisht4u

I wanted to do an update when new information comes in.
New information did come in.

Study reveals GMO corn to be highly toxic

Toxic corn

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
Old 04-20-2013, 01:31 AM   #40
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisht4u View Post
They are now officially protected.
Controlling the worlds food supply looks like it could come.
They will make the decisions on what mutated food we eat.

With contamination, meaning the seeds are everywhere it may be too late to have purely natural crops in the near future.

If anything goes wrong there will be nowhere to turn for food, maybe humans will be OK but only bees will die off.
The mutated seeds may not produce something that insects need but we don't know about it yet. This could disrupt the food chain irreparably.

Nature makes it's own mutations also, how it decides to do it is unknown.
What despises me about Monsanto is how they monopolise the industry and run over local and independent farmers. Their negotiations of business are deplorable.

"Thank you very much for letting me win"
Old 04-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #41
country flag swisht4u

Here's part of it, more in the link and you can google "University of Canterbury Professor Jack Heinemann released results from genetic research he conducted on the wheat". For more

Quote:
"What we found is that the molecules created in this wheat, intended to silence wheat genes, can match human genes, and through ingestion, these molecules can enter human beings and potentially silence our genes," Heinemann stated. "The findings are absolutely assured. There is no doubt that these matches exist."
Flinders University Professor Judy Carman and Safe Food Foundation Director Scott Kinnear concurred with Heinemann's analysis.

"If this silences the same gene in us that it silences in the wheat -- well, children who are born with this enzyme not working tend to die by the age of about five," Carman said.

GM Wheat May Damage Human Genetics Permanently

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
Old 04-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #42
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

Stuff this, I am starting my own garden.

"Thank you very much for letting me win"
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #43
country flag swisht4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Hilarious.

That doesn't explain a thing. Why would GMOs be dangerous? What is the mechanic that would make it dangerous? how about answering that instead of pseudo-research.

Breeding also genetically modifies but slower. Most plants and farm animals today has have genes so far from their natural "relatives" that it's astounishing and it has taken hundreds of years, in some cases thousands, to breed certain species. Yet we happily eat them.

With true genetic modification you can cheat nature and take a shortcut. What used to take hundreds of generations can be done almost right away.

Is it dangerous? We don't work cells or DNA into our body from anything we eat, instead it's broken down into the basic components, in case of proteins those are the 22 amino acids. Those are then used to synthezise proteins using the bodies own blueprint and not from the things we eat. It's not very complicated to understand that we don't actually take up genes from what we eat.

Instead we should worry about pesticides and the use of antibiotics etc that will lead to severe environmental damage and also resistant bacteria. Much better to have superior GM plants and animals then so we can lower the use of pesticides and medication/vaccinations of animals.
The man with all the answers.

Why would there be any reported problems if we use your theory?

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
Old 04-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #44
country flag zeleni

zeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond reputezeleni has a reputation beyond repute

labeling gmo food should be obligatory by law.

in fair trade customer should have right to know what he is buying, no?
Old 04-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #45
country flag swisht4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeleni View Post
labeling gmo food should be obligatory by law.

in fair trade customer should have right to know what he is buying, no?
I agree Zeneli.

There's money involved, the US government supports some big businesses and pharma that kill millions of citizens.

They are responsible for many deaths through their policies, they make terrorists look like boyscouts.

People get alarmed at what happened at Boston, these people are not the brightest around.

Thousands are killed daily by government one way or another like lambs walking into the slaughter house.

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz