Just curious...what religion are you? - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What religon are you?

Eastern Orthodox Christian 7 19.44%
Catholic 11 30.56%
Protestant 4 11.11%
Other-Christian 0 0%
Muslim 1 2.78%
Buddhist 0 0%
Hindu 1 2.78%
Jewish 0 0%
Other 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #151
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just curious...what religion are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Well, not even them, no? Don't scholars pretty much agree that the gospels were written well after the lifetimes of the apostles? Even one of Paul's letters is not attributed to him.
Yeah they're written around the years 50-100. Correct ages can be found easily online but can't be arsed to check them right now.

Some even used the others as sources... Not exactly independent, eyewitness accounts
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #152
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I said it was defined in its oppposition to Judaism

I claim that Christianism is opposed to Judaism

Monica's posts are schizophrenic. S/he believes that Christians should simultaneously believe in hating and loving their enemies. Is that not schizophrenia?

Might be. It's true that we only know Jesus' words through the works of the apostles but in any case, in the Christian belief, Jesus is the Son of God, while Paul was a man like anybody.
Christianity opposed Judaism to the extent of stealing between 39-51 of it's books? Lest we forget the religion started out as a minor Jewish sect. It also doesn't remotely explain Jesus' two most important commandments being rooted in his Jewish roots. Matthew 22:37-39 (God & neighbour,) Mark 12:30-31 (God & neighbour,) Deuteronomy 6:4-5 (God,) and Leviticus 19:18 (neighbour.) Nothing new here!

No it's a contradiction.
I'm not the issue here. Men from Christianity's history put together the Christian canon, including books from the OT. A contradiction exists between the NT & OT. Newsflash plenty exist, plenty exist between the NT books too.

Depends on point of view. Man, God & man, messiah, son of God... Has an ability to change colour too.
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #153
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Echoes, what part of me saying Christopher Hitches was brilliant is funny?
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #154
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
even today ppl live In Galilee (beautiful place indeed), do u think they say "no we are Galileans we are not from israel?" there ppl who live in Judeans/Samaritan does it means they are not israeli who live in a place inside israel?
Classic mistake for a historian. Consider every historical period from the viewpoint of his era. When you consider a historical event you'll have to put yourself in the context of the time. At that time, Galilee and Judah were distinct.

And if Jesus happened to be a Judean, it wouldn't have changed a lot. He would've been one of those many Judeans/Jews who rightly emancipated from the Torah and still a great man. I am not a tribalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank
Echoes, what part of me saying Christopher Hitches was brilliant is funny?
Because you consider yourself a right-winger and yet you're quoting a Trotskyist left-winger. Trotskyist who turned neocon, just like so many (Kristol, Perle, Wolfowitz in the USA but there also are a lot of them in Europe).

Trotskyism and Neoconservatism seemed to oppose each other but they have in common their hatred of the common men, the Poor and the Weak and hatred of the Nations. They are nomadic and internationalists.

Hitchens' support for the Iraq War totally disqualifies him. Everything he's said.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #155
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Classic mistake for a historian. Consider every historical period from the viewpoint of his era. When you consider a historical event you'll have to put yourself in the context of the time. At that time, Galilee and Judah were distinct.

And if Jesus happened to be a Judean, it wouldn't have changed a lot. He would've been one of those many Judeans/Jews who rightly emancipated from the Torah and still a great man. I am not a tribalist.

Because you consider yourself a right-winger and yet you're quoting a Trotskyist left-winger. Trotskyist who turned neocon, just like so many (Kristol, Perle, Wolfowitz in the USA but there also are a lot of them in Europe).

Trotskyism and Neoconservatism seemed to oppose each other but they have in common their hatred of the common men, the Poor and the Weak and hatred of the Nations. They are nomadic and internationalists.

Hitchens' support for the Iraq War totally disqualifies him. Everything he's said.
I don't consider myself a right-winger. I am very apathetic towards Politics as a whole.

Still, nice try.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #156
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And if Jesus... He would've been one of those many Judeans/Jews who rightly emancipated from the Torah and still a great man.
Quote:
The Jews invented racism in the OT.
Matthew 5:17-19 -
'Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the law or the Prophets...'

Has emancipated's definition changed? If it hasn't, Jesus did not emancipate from the torah. Having wrote that no doubt there'll be numerous biblical quotes contradicting Matthew 5, usually the case.

Out of curiosity, where in the OT? Deuteronomy 7?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #157
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wut? So one bad (in your mind) opinion or ideology by someone totally disqualifies every opinion that they hold and every argument they make?

So Aristotle is disqualified because he advocated wrong scientific principles regarding the nature of the solar system among other things? Isaac Newton is disqualified in science because he was religious?

I can use the same reasoning and say that many Christian Apologists' arguments about philosophy are void because they reject the fact of evolution and promote quackery such as creationism or intelligent design
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #158
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseles1 View Post
Matthew 5:17-19 -
'Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the law or the Prophets...'
He again referred to the earlier tradition of Israelite universalism (which also had its Prophets and not Judahite tribalism.

His Law was based on but two commandments and not the 10 commandments of the Mosaic Law: "Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and Love thy neighbour like thyself."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez
Wut? So one bad (in your mind) opinion or ideology by someone totally disqualifies every opinion that they hold and every argument they make?
Cool. So the Iraq War is but a detail in recent History? How many dead, dude? How much destruction?

How come that all those 1970's Trotskyist activists all turned neocons in the 90's/00's? Is that all just coincidence? They just rejected collectivism but they kept the most dangerous part of Trotskyism: the permanent revolution and the destruction of the Frontier /borders. They are the enemy. They hate the common men who are rooted in their cultural environment and die-hard patriots.

As long as you found the key to the origin of species, the Iraqis may peg out? Is that what you mean?

Did my intellectual references support the Iraq War? Sir no sir.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:46 AM   #159
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

I take the safe way out and label myself as an agnostic. Buddhism is very interesting, though. I might be a Buddhist monk one day. Depends on my schedule.

"Thank you very much for letting me win"
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #160
country flag mseles1

Quote:
His Law was based on but two commandments and not the 10 commandments of the Mosaic Law: "Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and Love thy neighbour like thyself."
'I have come not to abolish but to complete them. Not one dot, not one little stroke, shall disappear from the law until its purpose is achieved. The man who keeps them and teaches them will be considered great in the kingdom of heaven.'

Jesus' law was Jewish law. Both commandments are God's orders from the OT.
Mathhew 19:18-20 - Do not kill, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not bring false witness, honour your mother & father, love your neighbour as yourself. These repeated Mark 10:19-20, omitting 'love neighbour...' and stating you must not defraud, again originally from Leviticus.

Ten commandments -
No Gods except me - Mark 10:18, No one is good but God alone.
Icons - God broke his own commandment, at the very least conveniently made exceptions. Images, idols, icons = major disagreement all round.
God's name in vain. Completely ignored in my experience by everyone. Maybe some Christians live by it?
Keep the sabbath holy - Jesus ignored this one. Matthew 12, Mark 2 & Luke 6.
Honour mother & father - Matthew 19 & Mark 10
Do not -
kill - Matthew 19 & Mark 10
Adultery - Matthew 19 & Mark 10
Steal - Matthew 19 & Mark 10
Bring false witness - Matthew 19 & Mark 10
Covet others possessions. Mark 7:22 - evil thoughts...covetousness. Paul also mentions numerous times, never advocating.

Argument against Jesus and the ten commandments is less than convincing. Jesus if anything beefed up the commandments, he certainly took a more conservative view. Do not commit adultery becomes, lustful looks = adultery.

The Jews invented racism in the OT.
Out of curiosity, where in the OT? Deuteronomy 7?
Old 06-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #161
country flag viva-rafa

viva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
The reasons why either religious or atheist people kill are usually the same, power, greed, envy etc. or just stark raving mad. Comparing the numbers from each side is pretty tasteless.
+1

LOVE FOR ALL
HATRED FOR NONE

http://www.alislam.org/
http://www.loveforallhatredfornone.o...tred-for-none/
viva-rafa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #162
country flag viva-rafa

viva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond repute

Muslim

Some serious discussion going on in this thread! More serious than any tennis discussion.

Just to clarify, some poster here said that Muslims believe in Muhammad (peace be upon him), and Christians believe in Jesus. It sort of implies that Muslims claim that Muhammad (PBUH) is God. It's not true. He was a prophet just like we Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet.

LOVE FOR ALL
HATRED FOR NONE

Old 06-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #163
country flag viva-rafa

Also, I believe that most of the religions sprang from one fountainhead. Their basic teachings are true; as the time passed the differences between them became more apparent.

While I don't condemn atheists as they have the right to believe whatever they want to believe, it just makes me sad when someone doesn't believe in God. They don't know what they are missing. "God is a lovely treasure." He is the best friend you can ever have. He is the most Merciful the most Gracious Master you can ever have. He ignores so many of our mistakes, and gives us without any distinction. And I'm speaking through personal experiences. In my life's darkest hours He was the only one who came to my aid. And He continues to help me despite my shortcomings. Heck, I don't even do half the things I should be doing. It's just getting so hard for me to express my emotions.......So I would just stop.

LOVE FOR ALL
HATRED FOR NONE

Old 06-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #164
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viva-rafa View Post
Muslim

Some serious discussion going on in this thread! More serious than any tennis discussion.

Just to clarify, some poster here said that Muslims believe in Muhammad (peace be upon him), and Christians believe in Jesus. It sort of implies that Muslims claim that Muhammad (PBUH) is God. It's not true. He was a prophet just like we Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet.
that is true, in the and all 3 believe in god, Christians call him father, muslims call him Allah and jewish call him god IMHO
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #165
country flag RForehand

RForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond reputeRForehand has a reputation beyond repute

I think all religions are incredibly dumb.
I also think the bible is a terrible and hateful book, written by human beings.(All religions are)
I believe in this:
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Exper...lori_e_ste.htm

Federer = undisputed GOAT

2004-2007 = Strongest era in tennis
RForehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote