Eliminate the Permaban - Jelena - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #46
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eliminate the Permaban - Jelena

People are mentioning the doping allegations topic...

You do realise players could sue the forum for libel if posters were claiming they doped?
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #47
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

and there are players reading the forum

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-20-2013, 01:57 AM   #48
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.

Whilst it would be fun to speculate on doping players, the rule is there for a reason. The reasoning behind it is not stupid. MTF would be shut down in no time if doping discussion was allowed.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #49
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the proposal to eliminate permaban but please allow to have subjective analysis also to other infractions and not only objective, easy-given bannings. Once I said to a guy that dont like me here in this forum that he was being so stupid that we would all visit him on his deathwatch because his soul was being lost and he thought i was wishing death to him lol and I was banned for three months, next time i will simply say he is stupid because if i TRY to bring poetics people will put me into some kind of hidden banning law in the forum.

We cant use the laws for personal vendettas, posters should only be banned if the mods realize that is offensive by itself and for themselves.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 04-20-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #50

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Another example: GlennMirnyi was banned one year because he said one of the candidates of Miss MTF was ugly and had bad taste in music

Old 04-21-2013, 09:17 PM   #51
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

True, some of the bans are ridiculous. That's why I think they should be given another chance. If they deserved the bann I would think differently.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #52
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Another example: GlennMirnyi was banned one year because he said one of the candidates of Miss MTF was ugly and had bad taste in music
You're cutting a few corners here.
You're forgetting the many, many times Glenn was warned and temporarily banned.

My guess is that he was warned already quite a few times since his previous temporary ban and before he made this Miss MTF and bad taste in music remark and it was the last straw.

GlennMirnyi was a constant and repetitive troll who received a LOT of opportunities to avoid further bans. He decided to ignore that, so the permaban is his own doing.

Last edited by Castafiore : 04-22-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-23-2013, 02:12 AM   #53
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Revised permanent ban procedures:

A user who has:
  1. 15 infractions in total (expired or not), OR
  2. The maximum allowable number of infractions within one category

Becomes a candidate for a permanent ban (so far everything is the same as before). They will then be given a warning that they are now on the path of a permanent ban, and will:
  1. Receive a 1 year ban for a subsequent infraction where the maximum no. of allowable infractions is 3 or more
  2. Receive a 2 year ban for a subsequent infraction where the maximum no. of allowable infractions is less than 3, AND
  3. Receive a permanent ban for any infraction received subsequent to serving one of the temporary bans mentioned in steps 1 and 2

All bans and infractions will still be subject to the appeal procedures.

Other Details

Members that are already permanently banned will not be considered for this process.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:40 AM   #54
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

No poster should be perms banned.

Any poster who has posted significantly to the forum should have their ban revoked.

Maximum ban periods of 6 months.

The only exception to the no permabanned rule could be a forum wide agreement. For example if a poster was just trolling for the sake of it, continuously
Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
You're cutting a few corners here.
You're forgetting the many, many times Glenn was warned and temporarily banned.

My guess is that he was warned already quite a few times since his previous temporary ban and before he made this Miss MTF and bad taste in music remark and it was the last straw.

GlennMirnyi was a constant and repetitive troll who received a LOT of opportunities to avoid further bans. He decided to ignore that, so the permaban is his own doing.
He was never a troll

Just a rafa hater and a communist.

Which means, he had something to say, as in all diplomatic states.

And I was just citing one of his stupid bannings to show he had many stupid bans like Corey Feldman and shouldnt have been permabanned just like Corey, per example.

Just because some user was banned many times doesnt mean all those bannings were fair.

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 04-23-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:00 AM   #56
country flag SliceAce

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute

So there's basically no functional change, the permanent ban remains, and any past decisions by the mods are beyond question forever. My eyeballs literally flew out of my skull and exploded from the shock
SliceAce is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-23-2013, 03:15 AM   #57
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

My arguments (most probably been brought up):

Users are given a substantial amount of warnings and tempbans prior to a permaban, why waste your time constantly removing a particular member's posts and keep warning them over and over. Some just can't handle being online maturely.

Uh who would this removal of permabans actually help here? Most, if not virtually all MTF members have no worry about getting permabanned. Look at the permaban list and tell me who was actually a truly constructive member. None of them. Yes, they have added plenty of constructive things, but they were cancerous for the most part, I don't think in terms of the community in general, that any of them were necessarily wrongfully permabanned.

Slasher's ban suggestion is really not that much different from the ban time frames that are in place now. Plus, 2+ years is effectively a ppermaban in my opinion.

E: what I feel has stupidly happened especially with many of the newer members, is that no one seems to pay attention or remember how many times a problematic member has gotten warned or temp banned. Clay Death for example, since everyone is obviously mentioning him, was given many warnings and infractions on top of several temp bans yet people act like his permaban was randomly given out of the blue... this just goes with my first point, users are given plenty of time to change their ways, not sure how you WOULDN'T justify for a permaban for many of these users after so many tries.

Last edited by HKz : 04-23-2013 at 03:20 AM.
HKz is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-23-2013, 03:35 AM   #58

Hkz, not every case shows that a permabanned user was that problematic. I was never problematic and I was one " wishing death infraction" to be permabanned before the change in the rules because I had two infractions before of wishing death (and I had only 3 infractions all my life). I wished death to a french player in a chat thread iunnocently as a joke because I needed his opponent in a game to win, and to anothger user (but only after he reported my post in which I wasnt wishing death to him, so I just thought- hell, lets give him what he wants )

Also some of the permabanned members were permabanned after silly last infractions (example- Corey Feldman and GlennMirnyi). The change is maybe to try to correct it. I mean, now at least I now I will be banned for one year if I wish death again, which is more considerate for some users that tend to infrate an specific rule because its of their nature despite respecting all other rules, for example.

Oh gosh I am a criminal who would have guessed it.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:44 AM   #59
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hkz, not every case shows that a permabanned user was that problematic. I was never problematic and I was one " wishing death infraction" to be permabanned before the change in the rules because I had two infractions before of wishing death (and I had only 3 infractions all my life). I wished death to a french player in a chat thread iunnocently as a joke because I needed his opponent in a game to win, and to anothger user (but only after he reported my post in which I wasnt wishing death to him, so I just thought- hell, lets give him what he wants )

Also some of the permabanned members were permabanned after silly last infractions (example- Corey Feldman and GlennMirnyi). The change is maybe to try to correct it. I mean, now at least I now I will be banned for one year if I wish death again, which is more considerate for some users that tend to infrate an specific rule because its of their nature despite respecting all other rules, for example.

Oh gosh I am a criminal who would have guessed it.
I understand your argument but it isn't like even a substantial amount of MTFers have an issue with the death rule. It just goes to my first point, the warns and rules are set clearly and posters are given enough chances. People I've seen that have been affected from the wishing death rule seemed to get the idea the first time they got really disciplined. Is it that difficult for users to use different phrases that essentially mean the same thing? Or is wishing death, jokingly or not, a freedom that so many users want?

Long story short, if you are nice, you will essentially never have to worry about getting banned. Now if posters are basically saying, I can't be respectful/nice/etc often enough to not get permabanned, then something else is wrong in this picture.

I just felt from day one this whole argument was a waste of time. Be useful -> no issue or ban. It is literally simple as that. The people who have argued against permabans make it seem like 50% of MTF users get the ban stick as if we are in a witch hunt.

Last edited by HKz : 04-23-2013 at 04:49 AM.
HKz is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #60
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry, but you are simplifying stuff a lot

Forget his perennial "i'm smart you are not" attitude but that post in Miss MTF was extremely rude and offensive and his ban completely justified.
What I don't agree with, was the fact that he was practically witchhunted after he came back despite his obvious change of tone. It was like the mods just waited breathlessly for him to make a mistake to permaban him.

For all his Nadal hate, he was an intelligent, knowledgeable poster. Sad to see the stupid, unfunny trolls thriving now while he's permabanned.

Regarding your "almost" permaban, that's a clear case with what's wrong with MTF moderation atm
Closed Thread