DTT Barcelona/Bucharest. Congrats Sonja1989 & Eddy DoubleD/Lucian_iasi - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #91
country flag supertom

supertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DTT Barcelona/Bucharest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
Just sent my picks.. to my partner too who would be my opponent if we both win the first round on singles
Oh shit, same for me
TT doubles: - Rank 94 (+175 in 2013)
Titles: CH Buenos-Aires'12, Fut Poitiers'13 , CH Caltanisseta'13, ATP Bogota (with Fickelgruber)
PAW: Rank 36 (Race: 19)
FITD: W Kuala Lumpur'12, Dusseldorf'13, 2nd Sydney'13
DTT: W Doubles (w. goOudinUSA)

Allez les Frenchies (Tsonga/Monfils/Gasquet/Simon/Paire/De Scheeper/Pouille/Bourgue)
supertom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #92
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertom View Post
If you put 156mphserve/Ibreakforcoffee in the draw, they should be in their original place in the draw, and abollo & me should face coolfish/supertec.. Right?!
Something is not logical at all.
If I do that then the alt team gets the benefit of playing against a team where only 1 member sent picks. That benefit should go to the highest ranked team in the draw.
Taz Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #93
country flag supertom

supertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond reputesupertom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavnich77 View Post
If I do that then the alt team gets the benefit of playing against a team where only 1 member sent picks. That benefit should go to the highest ranked team in the draw.
Ok I get your point.. Now the 1st seeded team benefit from the lowest score of a team .. But yes sure, it is just because the modifications have been made after the results .. Sorry!
TT doubles: - Rank 94 (+175 in 2013)
Titles: CH Buenos-Aires'12, Fut Poitiers'13 , CH Caltanisseta'13, ATP Bogota (with Fickelgruber)
PAW: Rank 36 (Race: 19)
FITD: W Kuala Lumpur'12, Dusseldorf'13, 2nd Sydney'13
DTT: W Doubles (w. goOudinUSA)

Allez les Frenchies (Tsonga/Monfils/Gasquet/Simon/Paire/De Scheeper/Pouille/Bourgue)
supertom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #94
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertom View Post
If you put 156mphserve/Ibreakforcoffee in the draw, they should be in their original place in the draw, and abollo & me should face coolfish/supertec.. Right?!
Something is not logical at all.
nope.

The point of making that switch is so that the highest ranked gets the "easy match"(the one where 1 person sent)

when the draw was made, your team was playing the 2 seeds(the higest ranked team where both player sent. Thus to make this possible a team where 1 person sent(me and coffee) needed to be switched into your spot, so me and coffe and your team were switched

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #95
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

1 question though pertaining to the other 2 matches where someone didn't send.

Why are we so quick to switch the draw around so that the higest ranked team gets to play a team where 1 person didn't send instead of a alt team. But we don't switch the other 2 teams where 1 person didn't send so that the 3rd and 4th seeds gets to play a team that didn't send instead of the 4th seed and an unseeded team.

Seems rather unfair to the 3 seed when I think about it.

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 04-23-2013, 12:56 AM   #96
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

I simply followed the TT rules that you quoted because one of the two members not sending is equally the same as not sending at all.

I don't get the logic why the better rank of the two team gets the switch of the draw = a fair solution but since I am part of the second seed I'll remain silent for the rest of the discussion. Might as well have us play both of the team who don't send, not like it matters win or lose.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

DTT(D) : 2012 Nice & Eastbourne, Olympics Bronze, 2013 Indian Wells w/supertec
PAW    : 2012 Atlanta
Suicide: 2011 Barcelona*, 2012 U.S. Open*, WTF*, 2013 Gstaad, Winston-Salem*
TT(S)  : 2011 Szczecin CH, 2013 Miami & Stuttgart
TT(D)  : 2011 Eastbourne w/Blarghman, Pozoblanco CH w/MuriloBrasil, Genova CH w/ESimp, Szczecin CH w/Dexter,
         2012 Newport w/chowdaheads25, 2013 Memphis & Stuttgart w/Blarghman
FITD   : 2011 Kuala Lumpur, 2012 Kitzbühel, 2013 Monte Carlo
coolfish1103 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #97
country flag 156mphserve

The wording of the TT rule to me sounds like a 1 day round for singles where the player who didn't send had 0 chance of winning so its basically a bye anyway.

To me it wouldn't make any sense to have 1 alt team and by placing this alt team correctly you're demoing 2 teams from the draw and placing a bye there.

As for which team gets replaced, IMO the higher ranked team should remain in the draw as all the other rules seem to want to reward the higher ranked team.

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 04-23-2013, 01:37 AM   #98
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond reputecoolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
The wording of the TT rule to me sounds like a 1 day round for singles where the player who didn't send had 0 chance of winning so its basically a bye anyway.

To me it wouldn't make any sense to have 1 alt team and by placing this alt team correctly you're demoing 2 teams from the draw and placing a bye there.

As for which team gets replaced, IMO the higher ranked team should remain in the draw as all the other rules seem to want to reward the higher ranked team.
Erm, the idea I take from here on getting a BYE is to not award the seed or the players who did not send for any points for getting through the round. Getting a BYE simply means the seed has to play the next round and win to receive any points, rather than win against a team where 1 person sent or giving the team a chance for a comeback while the team in the original draw probably got shafted against a more difficult ALT team.

The suggestion you made sounds unfair to both the teams 1) who got dropped because of lower ranking and 2) Abollo/Supertom (or whoever suggested to be moved due to both teams not sending) because the highest rank team who didn't send gets a second chance at another shot of winning. Hence why Supertom wrote of draw changes after the matches are over, which indicates a team who did not send actually have a chance/advantage against a top seed who did poorly while their team have to face ALT because they face the second top seed and their advantage being fixed from 2 up to 1 up due to both teams in a match not sending.

Anyways, I am done with this alt replacement comment and I think your team has a good chance winning cause both supertec and I have to risk for singles

TT(D)  : 2011 Eastbourne w/Blarghman, Pozoblanco CH w/MuriloBrasil, Genova CH w/ESimp, Szczecin CH w/Dexter,
Old 04-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #99
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm part of the team that was replaced by this, but I agree that should be in this way the higher ranked team have to stay in the draw, I think that is something that have to be clear in the rules of TT and DTT.

The only thing that I think that it will better is that team that get replaced, have to be the worst ranked betwen all that didn't send not only in the match that two players didn't send. I think that any case it will be us with catgamer.
bry17may is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:32 AM   #100
country flag 156mphserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfish1103 View Post
Erm, the idea I take from here on getting a BYE is to not award the seed or the players who did not send for any points for getting through the round. Getting a BYE simply means the seed has to play the next round and win to receive any points, rather than win against a team where 1 person sent or giving the team a chance for a comeback while the team in the original draw probably got shafted against a more difficult ALT team.

The suggestion you made sounds unfair to both the teams 1) who got dropped because of lower ranking and 2) Abollo/Supertom (or whoever suggested to be moved due to both teams not sending) because the highest rank team who didn't send gets a second chance at another shot of winning. Hence why Supertom wrote of draw changes after the matches are over, which indicates a team who did not send actually have a chance/advantage against a top seed who did poorly while their team have to face ALT because they face the second top seed and their advantage being fixed from 2 up to 1 up due to both teams in a match not sending.

Anyways, I am done with this alt replacement comment and I think your team has a good chance winning cause both supertec and I have to risk for singles
The draw didn't really change after play was done though. The only change was me and coffee replacing a bye that shouldn't have even been there anyway.

Abollo/supertom aren't unlucky, bye the rule you sugested they're in the same place playing the same team as they were when diffs were posted based on your original suggestion.

The only people who had anything changed we me and coffee who we out and got put back in, and you and your partner who had a bye but now facing a team with a 1 point lead.

But you couldn't just delete 2 teams from the draw and replace them with 1. That didn't make any sense in my mind so something had to be done.

I don't agree with changing the draw after the fact but in this case the bye shouldn't have ever been there, if you agree that a bye should have been there instead of a real team then we'll just have to agree to disagree. None of the other teams who had 1 player send were replaced by a bye so why should we?

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 04-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #101
country flag Taz Warrior

Taz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeTaz Warrior has a reputation beyond repute

Singles Differences

02:02 | (1) Don Corleone vs. VamosHoracio (ARG) (SR 0:1) - Kas, Mahut vs. Gonzalez, Cermak SR Differences: Qureshi 2-0 v 2-1, Kas 2-0 vs. Gonzalez 2-0, Mahut 2-1 vs. Cermak 2-0
02:02 | Björki (GER) vs. Adder A216 (NED) (SR 1:1) - Cermak vs. Mahut
02:01 | Lucian Iasi (ROU) vs. Coolfish1103 (USA) (SR 0:0) - Fyrstenberg vs. Huey SR Differences: Cermak 2-0 v 2-1, Butorac 2-0 v 2-1, Fyrstenberg 2-1 vs. Huey 2-1
02:02 | (ALT) Spain07 (SUI) vs. (8) Anin (CAN) (SR 0:0) - Same winners; SR Differences: Qureshi 2-0 v 2-1, Cermak 2-1 v 2-0, Butorac 2-1 v 2-0, Fyrstenberg 2-1 v 2-0

02:01 | (5) KingDocy (GER) vs. Dupuis2006 (CAN) (SR 0:0) - Same winners;
01:01 | DJDVD (NED) vs. (ALT) 156mphserve (CAN) (SR 0:0) - Qureshi, Kas, Emmrich, Fyrstenberg vs. Fleming, Gonzalez, Butorac, Huey SR Differences: Qureshi 2-0 vs. Fleming 2-0, Kas 2-0 vs. Gonzalez 2-1, Cermak 2-1 v 2-0, Emmrich 2-1 vs. Butorac 2-0, Fyrstenberg 2-0 vs. Huey 2-1
02:02 | Eddy DoubleD (ROU) vs. Sonja1989 (HUN) (SR 0:0) - Kas vs. Gonzalez
01:03 | GoOudinUSA (USA) vs. (3) Lisandro (BRA) (SR 0:2) - Huey vs. Fyrstenberg

01:02 | (4) Supertec (ESP) vs. Bry17may (ARG) (SR 0:0) - Missing picks from Bry17may
02:01 | AdeyC (GBR) vs. Cswab22 (USA) (SR 1:0) - Cermak vs. Mahut SR Differences: Qureshi 2-1 v 2-0, Cermak 2-0 vs. Mahut 2-0
03:02 | Matthew2408 (GBR) vs. Chris. (AUS) (SR 2:0) - Missing picks from Chris.
02:02 | Indiegor (UKR) vs. (7) Cheeky Chick (GBR) (SR 2:1) - Qureshi vs. Fleming

02:02 | (6) Abollo (EGY) vs. Hidalgo (RUS) (SR 1:0) - Cermak vs. Mahut
02:02 | Supertom (FRA) vs. (ALT) Digor (UKR) (SR 0:0) - Kas vs. Gonzalez
02:02 | Marto (BUL) vs. *Jean* (FRA) (SR 1:1) - Fleming, Kas, Mahut vs. Qureshi, Gonzalez, Cermak
01:02 | Gavnich77 (GBR) vs. (2) Eurofighter (GER) (SR 0:0) - Fleming, Fyrstenberg vs. Qureshi, Huey
Old 04-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #102
country flag Taz Warrior

Doubles Differences

04:03 | Abollo/Supertom (EGY/FRA) vs. (ALT) Milton/Nicksimioni (BRA/BRA) (SR 1:0) - Gonzalez, Almagro, Dimitrov, Copil vs. Kas, Lindstedt, Dodig, Seppi
04:04 | Chris./Eurofighter (AUS/GER) vs. Eddy_DoubleD/Lucian_iasi (ROU/ROU) (SR 0:0) - Missing picks from Chris.
05:02 | Anin/Lisandro (CAN/BRA) vs. Adder A216/Diego36Arg (NED/NED) (SR 2:1) - Gonzalez, Cermak +2, Butorac, Lindstedt, Dimitrov vs. Kas, Mahut +2, Emmrich, Almagro, Dodig
02:04 | Cava/VamosHoracio (CZE/ARG) vs. (4) KingDocy/Marto (GER/BUL) (SR 1:1) - Qureshi, Gonzalez, Cermak, Almagro +2, Dodig, Seppi vs. Fleming, Kas, Mahut, Lindstedt +2, Dimitrov, Copil

03:03 | (3) Björki/Dupuis2006 (GER/CAN) vs. GoOudinUSA/Sonja1989 (USA/HUN) (SR 1:0) - Fyrstenberg vs. Huey
03:04 | *Jean*/Gavnich77 (FRA/GBR) vs. Hidalgo/Indiegor (RUS/UKR) (SR 1:2) - Fleming, Cermak vs. Qureshi, Mahut
04:03 | DJDVD/Matthew2408 (NED/GBR) vs. AdeyC/Cswab22 (GBR/USA) (SR 2:1) - Kas +2, Emmrich, Huey, Almagro, Copil vs. Gonzalez +2, Butorac, Fyrstenberg, Lindstedt, Seppi
01:02 | 156mphserve/Ibreak4coffee (CAN/CAN) vs. (2) Coolfish1103/Supertec (USA/ESP) (SR 0:0) - Fleming, Kas, Fyrstenberg, Dodig +2, Copil vs. Qureshi, Gonzalez, Huey, Dimitrov +2, Seppi
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #103
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute

I know that I was forgetting something yesterday , Good luck in the managing the rest of the tournament Gavnich77
bry17may is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #104
coolfish1103

Quote:
Don't worry, we don't need to agree to disagree. I will just refrain from playing the game that don't follow the rules. I had the super tie break rule went against me last year, but at least that was unclear due to no tie break in TT. But this time is worse that the draw gets altered because the top seed and their opponent don't send for three picks and then we have to play the top seed as the second seed for the remainder of doubles match (9 picks) while our opponent had to go play a doubles alt team that has better record than us. So the top seed gets the top seed right against their original opponent while we don't get the rule work for us.

My apologies to supertec and good luck to supertom/abollo.

Last edited by coolfish1103 : 04-23-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #105
country flag Taz Warrior

Round 1 - Singles
Matches Counted: 8
Matches Remaining: 0

03:05 | (1) Don Corleone vs. VamosHoracio (ARG)
05:04 | Björki (GER) vs. Adder A216 (NED)
05:03 | Lucian Iasi (ROU) vs. Coolfish1103 (USA)
05:05 | (ALT) Spain07 (SUI) vs. (8) Anin (CAN) #SRs: 1-3

05:04 | (5) KingDocy (GER) vs. Dupuis2006 (CAN)
04:04 | DJDVD (NED) vs. (ALT) 156mphserve (CAN) #SRs: 2-1
04:05 | Eddy DoubleD (ROU) vs. Sonja1989 (HUN)
03:06 | GoOudinUSA (USA) vs. (3) Lisandro (BRA)

03:02 | (4) Supertec (ESP) vs. Bry17may (ARG)
05:03 | AdeyC (GBR) vs. Cswab22 (USA)
03:02 | Matthew2408 (GBR) vs. Chris. (AUS)
05:06 | Indiegor (UKR) vs. (7) Cheeky Chick (GBR)

05:04 | (6) Abollo (EGY) vs. Hidalgo (RUS)
04:05 | Supertom (FRA) vs. (ALT) Digor (UKR)
04:05 | Marto (BUL) vs. *Jean* (FRA)
05:04 | Gavnich77 (GBR) vs. (2) Eurofighter (GER)