Off Topic Chat Thread - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-30-2013, 01:28 AM   #346
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off Topic Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
I dont really think jacobs is the type of team that can dominate like stoughton, howard, martin or evein koe did. I also dont think he's as sure a bet to win as would usually be the case. I think that he's so inconsistent and that the international teams like ulsrud, edon, brewster and michel can definately compete with and beat him.
Once again, this point is simply not true, Jacobs team really hit another gear at the Brier and beat those teams who you say are better, the Brier and the TOH are the toughest national/international non-tour fields that the Canadian teams will ever play in, so to say that whoever wins the nation title isn't ready for the worlds, sorry, it's just not true, plus he's beaten Edin's team the last 3 times they have met, which were all in November and one at the Masters Cup, which is a major, which has a field even tougher than the Brier or the worlds, Jacobs has been in a major final this year also, Ulsrud, Edin and Brewster, not so much, in fact Brewster ever since he added Murdoch has been worse this season, Ulsrud's team just aren't as good as they used to be, Michel might do well it's hard to say, he's an unknown wildcard, the Chinese team just won Grande Praire so they could do well too, Edin I think will be the main challenge, he just won Victoria, which is the unnofficial 5th major, at least it was this year with it's very strong field and it's always played on arena ice, but maybe he peaked too early.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.

Last edited by J99 : 03-30-2013 at 01:39 AM.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #347
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Once again, this point is simply not true, Jacobs team really hit another gear at the Brier and beat those teams who you say are better, the Brier and the TOH are the toughest national/international non-tour fields that the Canadian teams will ever play in, so to say that whoever wins the nation title isn't ready for the worlds, sorry, it's just not true, plus he's beaten Edin's team the last 3 times they have met, which were all in November and one at the Masters Cup, which is a major, which has a field even tougher than the Brier or the worlds, Jacobs has been in a major final this year also, Ulsrud, Edin and Brewster, not so much, in fact Brewster ever since he added Murdoch has been worse this season, Ulsrud's team just aren't as good as they used to be, Michel might do well it's hard to say, he's an unknown wildcard, the Chinese team just won Grande Praire so they could do well too, Edin I think will be the main challenge, he just won Victoria, which is the unnofficial 5th major, at least it was this year with it's very strong field and it's always played on arena ice, but maybe he peaked too early.
Im not taking away from what they did at the brier. All im saying is that i dont think they are the kind of team that dominate a round robin like those other teams might

if you can go back and find me where i said they were not ready for this then go ahead, i look forward to that.

I really wish you;d stop trying to justify your oppinions for what you think will happen at the worlds on the cash tour. Did that work out for you with the womens worlds, did it?
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #348
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

When does it start?
Old 03-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #349
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
When does it start?
it starts today

whyere do you live? because it starts at 2:00 B.C time which is 4:00 for me in winnipeg.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:23 AM   #350
country flag Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it starts today

whyere do you live? because it starts at 2:00 B.C time which is 4:00 for me in winnipeg.
Oh yeah, I live in Ontario.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:12 AM   #351
country flag justafanYYC

justafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond reputejustafanYYC has a reputation beyond repute

Jacobs about to go 3-0. He hasn't played great but all the other European teams are playing terrible.

China might be the 2nd best team out there right now, they beat Sweden earlier today.
2013 CH Yeongwol (outdoor hard)
2011 CH Samarkand (outdoor clay)

Doubles: 45
Championships:
2013 Masters 1000 Montreal (w/joe87) (outdoor hard)
2014 ATP 250 Casablanca (w/joe87) (outdoor clay)
2012 Special Olympic Tournament London (w/traddles) (outdoor grass)
justafanYYC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #352
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Im not taking away from what they did at the brier. All im saying is that i dont think they are the kind of team that dominate a round robin like those other teams might

if you can go back and find me where i said they were not ready for this then go ahead, i look forward to that.

I really wish you;d stop trying to justify your oppinions for what you think will happen at the worlds on the cash tour. Did that work out for you with the womens worlds, did it?
Well what do you know, they pretty much dominated until the end of the round robin just like I thought, ever since they found their new level of understanding against Manitoba in the Brier RR game, they don't seem to play that well in the mornings for some reason though.

You said that Homan wasn't ready, I think.

You are really going to diss Homan just for that 1 probably impossible shot she missed vs. the Scots, really.

Tough road for Jacobs now, has to win 3 games to get the gold, but they did it at the Brier, so they can totally do it again here, will play better vs. Denmark knowing that they lost, weird that they quit that game down 2 with 1 end to play, Jacobs won't curl 75% again for sure, 85 at worst from now on.

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.

Last edited by J99 : 10-06-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #353
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
Well what do you know, they pretty much dominated until the end of the round robin just like I thought, ever since they found their new level of understanding against Manitoba in the Brier RR game, they don't seem to play that well in the mornings for some reason though.

You said that Homan wasn't ready, I think.

You are really going to diss Homan just for that 1 probably impossible shot she missed vs. the Scots, really.

Was at the Norway game.

Tough road for Jacobs now, has to win 3 games to get the gold, but they did it at the Brier, so they can totally do it again here, will play better vs. Denmark knowing that they lost, weird that they quit that game down 2 with 1 end to play, Jacobs won't curl 75% again for sure, 85 at worst from now on.
You are so wrong its not even funny. I have proven myself to know more than you about this sport time and again and yet you insist on carrying on.I got to say the best part of your post is at the end where you state that its weird that canada quit the game down 2 with one end to go when they didnt. They played the 10th end and denmark ran them out of rocks. You clearly didnt even see the game

I said that rachel could win the worlds but i did not think she would. I said that she was not head and shoulders above evryone else and i was right. She got bronze, she did well though. Whether you want to admit it or not experience counts for something and rachel is not the type of team that could have walked in and won on her first try.

I also said that the jacobs rink would not be able to dominate the field and finish something like 10-1..and i was right. They finished 7-4 and are lucky to have avoided a tiebreaker since switzerland beat the czech republic

You can carry on if you want but as i've been right at every turn and the proof speaks for itself. Go ahead and continue this but your just making yourself look bad not only because your wrong but because your trying to come after me for making statements and saying things i never did.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #354
country flag misty1
Banned!

now do i think jacobs can win? absolutely. but its going to be hard

Im actually done coming on here so if you argue it'll be with yourself. My interest in tennis is kind of gone and id rather not come on here only for the sake of arguing with you again.

Last edited by misty1 : 04-06-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #355
country flag Marilena

Marilena is on a distinguished road

A fan project for Milos Raonic!!!

Marilena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:21 AM   #356
country flag J99

Quote:
You are so wrong its not even funny. I have proven myself to know more than you about this sport time and again and yet you insist on carrying on.I got to say the best part of your post is at the end where you state that its weird that canada quit the game down 2 with one end to go when they didnt. They played the 10th end and denmark ran them out of rocks. You clearly didnt even see the game

I said that rachel could win the worlds but i did not think she would. I said that she was not head and shoulders above evryone else and i was right. She got bronze, she did well though. Whether you want to admit it or not experience counts for something and rachel is not the type of team that could have walked in and won on her first try.

I also said that the jacobs rink would not be able to dominate the field and finish something like 10-1..and i was right. They finished 7-4 and are lucky to have avoided a tiebreaker since switzerland beat the czech republic

You can carry on if you want but as i've been right at every turn and the proof speaks for itself. Go ahead and continue this but your just making yourself look bad not only because your wrong but because your trying to come after me for making statements and saying things i never did.
Oh wow, really, that's all you have to say, all you can do is put me down and not even have an argument because there isn't one, alright, if you want to go that way.

Right, well you said that they weren't the best team going in, when they clearly were going by the rankings, hats off to the Scots on their lucky win though, they are better for right now, would have been great if they won 1st time, but was maybe too much to expect, but mark my words, Homan will be in either the Olympics or the WC's next year and will have her revenge, (will probably be trying for the Olympics 1st obviously) where hopefully the ice will be better, Riga will go down as one of the worst WC's ever, should have never had it there.

Jacobs did dominate most games, their worst games were the early morning ones like I said, they played pretty well vs. Denmark, played worse vs. Sweden, still 80% though, played much better today, Fry is back to his old self, the team is back to the one who won the Bier, so I expect them to do better vs. Sweden today, even if they don't win the game, I expect them to curl quite well, if they are at there top level though, Sweden won't be able to beat them.

Last edited by J99 : 10-06-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #357
country flag Snowwy

Anyway, I hope that Jacobs can win today.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:51 AM   #358
country flag J99

Team Jacobs/Canada lost today, sad, they played so well vs. Scotland yesterday but Jacobs did not bring his A game today for some reason, thought he would, must have been the pressure finally getting to him, oh well, here's hoping they qualify for Sochi, I still think they are the best team we have right now, even if the rankings say otherwise.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #359
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently there's a big curling tournament on in Toronto this week.
http://www.mattamyathleticcentre.ca/...s-championship

all you big curling fans are so jealous, no?

Apparently that hot skip from Norway is here. Gotta keep my eyes open.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #360
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

RIP Cory. You were loved by so many people. You will be deeply missed.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote