DC QF: Zimonjic/Bozoljac defeated Bryan/Bryan 7-6,7-6, 5-7,4-6,15-13!!! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-07-2013, 03:23 AM   #46
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC QF: Zimonjic/Bozoljac defeated Bryan/Bryan 7-6,7-6, 5-7,4-6,15-13!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift36188 View Post
Nole is happy.

that's cute.
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 03:39 AM   #47
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DC QF: Zimonjic/Bozoljac defeated Bryan/Bryan 7-6,7-6, 5-7,4-6,15-13!!!

Svaka vam cast! Great stuff you legends
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:18 AM   #48
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #49
country flag tnosugar

tnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond reputetnosugar has a reputation beyond repute

A pretty much unexpected win. Although Bozo's talent for the game is quite a bit above his ranking. Under-commitment and later injuries kept him out of contention. Hope he can draw on this experience and still make something out of his singles career.
Kudos to the crowd in Boise, showed more class than at some other tennis venues of higher reputation.

20-something girl: So, I guess we are now officially corporate hos.
30-something man: Yeah, so now you have to learn to play tennis.
Girl passerby: What does that have to do with anything?
20-something girl: Then we can be corporate hos and tennis pros -- duh.
30-something man: We should do commercials... Why don't we work for an ad agency?!

--59th & Lex
tnosugar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #50
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

That was a hell of a match!!! Well done to Serbia. After the Americans leveled at 2 sets all, I though Serbia had lost their chance but they were the better team and deserved the win. Bozoljac is inconsistent but he's fun to watch.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #51
country flag sanshisan

sanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
It's quite different when they are playing in DC than regular tour.
Why? Weren't the Bryan brothers trying to win? The only diff I can see is that on the ATP tour the match would have ended much earlier - when the Serbian duo won the first two sets. Instead they had to go 5 sets and then into overtime - 4 1/2 hours.

In that sense Davis Cup is much tougher. With the lone exception of Wimbledon, even in Grand Slams doubles is still just 2 out of 3 sets.
sanshisan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #52
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

This was just tremendous fun to watch, and it still would be even with a different outcome, despite the high stakes. Literally all tennis has to offer could've be seen here - great points, laughable shanks, extreme clutchness, choking, drama, you name it. My stream died at the very end, to top it all
This one goes mostly to Courier, or whoever chose that surface anyway - it made Bozoljatz almost unbreakable, unplayable on serve. Just what Serbian team needed.
Great timing for such a match to happen, to show people why is DC such a great competition.
retister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #53
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
That was a hell of a match!!! Well done to Serbia. After the Americans leveled at 2 sets all, I though Serbia had lost their chance but they were the better team and deserved the win. Bozoljac is inconsistent but he's fun to watch.
I totally agree! I really thought the Bryans would win that last set. I do think that DC tends to bring out the best in some of the lesser players. I was very happy for the Serbs, especially Bozoljac, who I never heard of before.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #54
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Justin:How did you do it?
Ziki:Together.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #55
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanshisan View Post
Why? Weren't the Bryan brothers trying to win? The only diff I can see is that on the ATP tour the match would have ended much earlier - when the Serbian duo won the first two sets. Instead they had to go 5 sets and then into overtime - 4 1/2 hours.

In that sense Davis Cup is much tougher. With the lone exception of Wimbledon, even in Grand Slams doubles is still just 2 out of 3 sets.
You have a captain/coach there with you at every changeover. You have a whole group of people/teammates behind your bench cheering you on (definitely more than your usual team). You are playing for your country, not yourself although there is personal gratification. Well, you won't have the #1 player of the world jumped on you and hugged you tight after winning a regular tour match.

For mentally tough players like Djokovic, it's not much difference. For less tough players, like Troicki, I can see he plays better in DC than in tour. I do not follow Bozoljac enough to draw a definite conclusion like the one I made of Troicki but I can see Bozoljac is a pretty inconsistent player from this match and there are two aspects for inconsistency, mental and technical.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #56
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute

Always good to see twin brats lose.

Alchimists transform iron into gold. Boriiiiiing!
Movie-makers transform dreams into reality. Yeah, whatever...
El Tio transforms Dull into a multiple GS champion! Daaaaamn!

El Tio has the keys to weather, court speed, draw making, umpires' decisions and perception of time between points, top players' fatherhood, and my libido!

This signature is in no way ironic. Please don't ever let El Tio think that, for my sake!
Fed fordawin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #57
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retister View Post
This one goes mostly to Courier, or whoever chose that surface anyway - it made Bozoljatz almost unbreakable, unplayable on serve. Just what Serbian team needed. Great timing for such a match to happen, to show people why is DC such a great competition.
To be fair, dn't know by what date they had to decide the surface, but I'm pretty sure at that time Janko was still in the team, nobody thought much of Bozo then. Even until the last minute it looked like Nole would step in and play the doubles, though he sucks there and all. That Bozoljac will play in the end and this well, I don't think anyone could've predicted it
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #58
country flag sanshisan

sanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond reputesanshisan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
You have a captain/coach there with you at every changeover. You have a whole group of people/teammates behind your bench cheering you on (definitely more than your usual team). You are playing for your country, not yourself although there is personal gratification. Well, you won't have the #1 player of the world jumped on you and hugged you tight after winning a regular tour match.

For mentally tough players like Djokovic, it's not much difference. For less tough players, like Troicki, I can see he plays better in DC than in tour. I do not follow Bozoljac enough to draw a definite conclusion like the one I made of Troicki but I can see Bozoljac is a pretty inconsistent player from this match and there are two aspects for inconsistency, mental and technical.
You have your points, however there is also a great deal more pressure, tension and potential for choking in Davis Cup. Suddenly it's not about you anymore. It's about millions of other people, your countrymen, their hopes and dreams of honor riding on your performance, against the #1 Doubles team EVER. Especially if you are like Bozoljac - from a small tight knit country like Serbia, who give tremendous attention and honor to their winning athletes, the pressure is intense.

Did you see all the Serbs who turned up in Boise ID to support their team? Commentator Gimmelstob (tennis channel) said there were a thousand Serbs there.
sanshisan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #59
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you see all the Serbs who turned up in Boise ID to support their team? Commentator Gimmelstob (tennis channel) said there were a thousand Serbs there.
No surprise, I don't know Idaho well, but I doubt they have many chances of cheering for Serbia there, in any sport
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #60
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have your points, however there is also a great deal more pressure, tension and potential for choking in Davis Cup. Suddenly it's not about you anymore. It's about millions of other people, your countrymen, their hopes and dreams of honor riding on your performance, against the #1 Doubles team EVER. Especially if you are like Bozoljac - from a small tight knit country like Serbia, who give tremendous attention and honor to their winning athletes, the pressure is intense.
They are the underdog in this match and nobody expect them to win which ease lots of pressure IMO. US teams expected Novak to play and believed when Bozoljac showed up, They thought Serbia threw in the towel and focus on winning the singles today.

Honestly, how many people expected this win before the match started?

Quote:

I don't know how many Serbians here but kind of like all Serbians from the west coast are there
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote