Houston Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 11, 2013) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #16
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Houston Entry List (updated March 3, 2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smucav View Post
Please don't give this guy another WC. Let him to make it by himself

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Houston Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated March 23, 2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
So does Almagro and Haas, who are in front of Monaco in the ranking.
And don't go into the Casablanca thread, or you'll be more appalled to find that Wawrinka getting a WC into a field that has 1 Top 30 players. Then again, you won't bcos Wawrinka is not really on your agenda.
Haas is a US citizen so he's basically playing a home event.

And how do you know Wawrinka asked for a wild card and wasn't simply offered one?

Monaco, on the other hand, is playing DC in Argentina this weekend and Monte Carlo the week after, playing Houston in between has only one explanation. I'll give you a clue: it starts with a v and it has wings.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #18
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Monaco, on the other hand, is playing DC in Argentina this weekend and Monte Carlo the week after, playing Houston in between has only one explanation. I'll give you a clue: it starts with a v and it has wings.

He always lost in the 1st round this year and therefore barely played any matches. If his injury is healed, he needs to enter tournaments to play as many matches as possible.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #19
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Haas is a US citizen so he's basically playing a home event.
So your definition of vulture isn't about a player entering a weaker-than-his-ranking field then? it's a player entering a weaker-than-his-ranking "non-home-event" field. Got it.

Quote:
And how do you know Wawrinka asked for a wild card and wasn't simply offered one?
I don't know, so I didn't say he asked for one. Reason I didn't say is because I did not think whether he asked for one or was forced to accept one (probably with money pointed to his head) is of any importance. The fact of the matter is that he is now in a event that has a significantly weak field, which I did not have problem with, and apparently so didn't you because your definition of vulture is a player entering a weaker-than-his-ranking field who has a surname of Monaco or Ferrer. Otherwise, I don't see you go around here criticizing Wawrinka, what gives? Is it only players who entered Houston who's not Americans (or Spanish since I don't see you criticizing Almagro either) are worthy of being called the word you hinted that started with a v? Casablanca is obviously no Houston.

Quote:
Lucky that Almagro, Haas, Wawrinka's respective country teams are all out of DC, otherwise, they will be in the same boat as Monaco. We don't want that, oh no, we don't.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #20

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So your definition of vulture isn't about a player entering a weaker-than-his-ranking field then? it's a player entering a weaker-than-his-ranking "non-home-event" field. Got it.

I don't know, so I didn't say he asked for one. Reason I didn't say is because I did not think whether he asked for one or was forced to accept one (probably with money pointed to his head) is of any importance. The fact of the matter is that he is now in a event that has a significantly weak field, which I did not have problem with, and apparently so didn't you because your definition of vulture is a player entering a weaker-than-his-ranking field who has a surname of Monaco or Ferrer. Otherwise, I don't see you go around here criticizing Wawrinka, what gives? Is it only players who entered Houston who's not Americans (or Spanish since I don't see you criticizing Almagro either) are worthy of being called the word you hinted that started with a v? Casablanca is obviously no Houston.

Lucky that Almagro, Haas, Wawrinka's respective country teams are all out of DC, otherwise, they will be in the same boat as Monaco. We don't want that, oh no, we don't.
No. Being a home event, there's a reason to be playing there, it's no surprise that most players prefer home events. Besides, you can't be a vulture because of one tournament, it's something that requires consistently picking weak events. Haas actually went through Berdych, Kohli and Federer to win a 250 last year, he definitely doesn't have the habit of picking weak events.

Again, point me out other instances where Wawrinka played an event with such a depleted field. I picked up on Monaco, not because of this particular tournament alone, but because he often does it.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:00 AM   #21
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No. Being a home event, there's a reason to be playing there, it's no surprise that most players prefer home events. Besides, you can't be a vulture because of one tournament, it's something that requires consistently picking weak events. Haas actually went through Berdych, Kohli and Federer to win a 250 last year, he definitely doesn't have the habit of picking weak events.

Again, point me out other instances where Wawrinka played an event with such a depleted field. I picked up on Monaco, not because of this particular tournament alone, but because he often does it.
In 2010 he played a Challenger. Yeah.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:37 AM   #22
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Again, point me out other instances where Wawrinka played an event with such a depleted field.
You're right, such a depleted field is hard to find on the ATP level. Thanks Chase Visa for finding one in Challenger.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #23
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Houston Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 2, 2013)

wawa is a casablanca veteran
even managed to get bageled by klizan en route the championship
http://stevegtennis.com/results/2010/a-casablanca.txt

almost a home event for him

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #24
country flag lalaland

I have nothing against Stan, I like the guy, just want to be clear about that. So regretfully that I dragged him into this conversation which is not at all about him. It's a stupid notion to suggest that any players playing a ATP250 is vulturing. Then again, we know it's not about that either, it's just about personal bias ruining every conversation. MTF is so frustrating these days *sigh*.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #25

Quote:
You're right, such a depleted field is hard to find on the ATP level. Thanks Chase Visa for finding one in Challenger.
So all you can find is a home event he played to promote Swiss tennis three years ago, really? That surely indicates consistent vulturng
Old 04-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #26
country flag willoughby

willoughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond reputewilloughby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
PS : it's useless talking to a donkey, the ignore-list is an useful instrument.
This. But sadly we can still read that guy's BS when some other users quote him. I was out of these forums for months and now I see this guy is still here polluting the board with his pathetic vulturing idiocy
willoughby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #27
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
Stan won Lugano challenger in 2009 and 2010 (and actually Stan was the top-player out of top-4 who was used to playing the lightest schedule, he has decided to play more this year).

PS : it's useless talking to a donkey, the ignore-list is an useful instrument.
The ignore list is not as useful an instrument as just ignoring posters by practicing self-restraint

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #28
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I have nothing against Stan, I like the guy, just want to be clear about that. So regretfully that I dragged him into this conversation which is not at all about him. It's a stupid notion to suggest that any players playing a ATP250 is vulturing. Then again, we know it's not about that either, it's just about personal bias ruining every conversation. MTF is so frustrating these days *sigh*.
the funniest is when none of these known guys shows up it's "weak event" and "challenger" but if someone plays it, then despite the tournament gets some legacy now, he's becoming "vulture"

talking to the horse here

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
the funniest is when none of these known guys shows up it's "weak event" and "challenger" but if someone plays it, then despite the tournament gets some legacy now, he's becoming "vulture"

talking to the horse here
Are you implying that Monaco is 'someone' ie a big name? His presence only diminishes the event.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #30
country flag aleunforcederror

aleunforcederror has a reputation beyond reputealeunforcederror has a reputation beyond reputealeunforcederror has a reputation beyond reputealeunforcederror has a reputation beyond reputealeunforcederror has a reputation beyond reputealeunforcederror has a reputation beyond reputealeunforcederror has a reputation beyond reputealeunforcederror has a reputation beyond reputealeunforcederror has a reputation beyond reputealeunforcederror has a reputation beyond reputealeunforcederror has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Houston Entry List/Fact Sheet (updated April 5, 2013)

Good luck here to Haas, Hewitt, Blake and Monfils.
aleunforcederror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote