Look back at closed threads - Jelena - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Look back at closed threads - Jelena

Originally posted by Jelena

In case the mods close a thread, have a look afterwards on it, to see if there are posts that are worthy of a warning/infraction/ban.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look back at closed threads - Jelena

Seems fair, Jelena is on a roll here with suggestions.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 04-05-2013, 05:10 AM   #3
country flag SliceAce
Banned!

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute

Jelena is suggesting making the rules even more severe and is not suggesting anything new or challenging the inherent problems of the system which have led to our current situation. That every single suggestion approved in the last few days has been from her (not to attack her personally, just observing which "suggestions" are allowed to be made in the first place) is making this appear to be a farce. Here's a suggestion: pay attention to the busiest threads in this very forum: mod elections and bring back the ACC instead of pretending they don't exist. Thanks.
SliceAce is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting - eliminating the permaban is more severe than keeping it? The suggestion which is discussed in this thread here came out of my own experience, where a thread years ago was closed, but even though the admins/mods were aware of what happened in the thread (as they had closed it) they didn't deal with a poster who had attacked me banworthy (which not only I say, but also some other posters/mods).

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Was the problem in that thread reported?
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:10 PM   #6
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

the mods were made aware of the thread, otherwise they wouldn't have closed the thread. I was way too shocked to report there anything, but I suppose many other posters in the thread reported posts there. That's why I say the mods should have a look on the threads, even though the person directly affected didn't report anything. Check your pm in a few mins.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Well, then it's not the same. Closing the thread doesn't necessarily mean somebody will read everything, especially if the thread has thousand posts Always report - then it's sure it will be taken care of
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Old 04-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
country flag Jelena

In the meanwhile you should know the thread doesn't have 1000 posts

wait, I forgot, you didn't even check the thread I linked in the pm . I'm not gonna justify myself further.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #9
Slacker

Of course I've checked But I didn't read each of the 150 posts of course. I'm guessing the mod came, saw one or two pages and closed it. Unless the specific post was reported, it was very easy to go unnoticed, I had to go back twice and carefully read it/didn't see it on the first skim through

Last edited by Time Violation : 04-05-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #10
country flag Jelena

I even told you how I was reading the thread in that night and which posts to check to understand why I was as shocked as I was.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with checking the last pages of closed threads, but you can't really expect a moderator to read through entire threads (especially if they have a high amount of posts).

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
Old 04-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #12
country flag Jelena

it's not so hard to read 200 posts, is it? (in my settings that is 5 pages)

Old 04-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #13
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

Maybe for some it isn't, but for me it is.

I probably won't be digging through closed threads that are 100+ posts long but I'm sure there is a moderator willing to do that.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #14
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
it's not so hard to read 200 posts, is it? (in my settings that is 5 pages)
I think it has always been made clear that if you have a problem with a post, you need to report it. There are many posts on MTF that will never be read by a moderator, a thread that is closed is no different.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #15
country flag Jelena

Yeah, I know that. But considering the post I am talking about (Javi has the thread, I think/suppose/assume you in the mods forum see the thread/post) it should be more than understandable that I was simply shocked. And there is another point which is important I think. You guys don't close 100 threads a day, so it should be possible to review a closed thread.

Closed Thread