The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores) - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #556
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Everything Davis Cup Thread (News, Articles, Live Scores)

Probably Gooch don't play in DC with Uzbekistan, this week he will play double's in Mexico.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #557
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

The Australian team to face Uzbekistan in the #DavisCup A/O ZGI 2nd round: Bernard Tomic, Marinko Matosevic, Lleyton Hewitt, Matthew Ebden

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Old 03-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #558
country flag Ausie

The Uzbekistan team to play Australia in the #DavisCup AO1 2nd round tie: Denis Istomin, Farrukh Dustov, Sarvar Ikramov and Temur Ismailov

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 03-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #559
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that Gooch isn't here. It is unlike him to opt out of a tie but to go to Mexico he must have planned that some weeks ago.

I'd probably play:

Tomic v Dustov
Matosevic v Istomin
Hewitt / Ebden v Istomin / Dustov
Tomic v Istomin
Hewitt v Dustov

Hewitt & Ebden never played before but they are smart guys, they'll figure it out.

Anyone know much about Dustov????
Daniel. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:23 AM   #560
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute

Hewitt and Marinko will play doubles i think. They have had good results together including beating the Bryan bros.
Chris. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #561
country flag Ausie

Play doubles together Guccione was better, because in Chris is a very good serve and him games can be play easily, but this Rafter decided, his decision must be respected.

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 03-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #562
country flag Ausie

Bernard Tomic recalled to Australian Davis Cup team

Quote:
TENNIS bad boy Bernard Tomic is officially back in the Australian Davis Cup fold after being recalled to the tea

m to face Uzbekistan in the Asia/Oceania second round tie early next month.

Tomic originally said he wouldn't be available for the away tie after being left out of the squad which beat Chinese Taipei in February because of what captain Pat Rafter called a lack of professionalism.

The 20-year-old Queenslander will be a welcome asset after winning eight of his 10 Davis Cup singles rubbers.

Tomic last weekend bowed out of the Miami Masters with a 6-3 6-1 second-round loss to world No.2 Andy Murray and blamed illness after being jeered by the crowd for only winning 10 points in the second set.

As well as world No.45 Tomic, Rafter has included stalwart Lleyton Hewitt, Marinko Matosevic and Matt Ebden for the clash which starts on April 5.

"We have a team which is very motivated to go into an extremely tough away tie and try and win our way to a world group playoff," Rafter said.

"The boys are training hard and they have shown some good form in the lead up, so I am expecting some big things from them."

The team is currently training in Munich and will head to the regional city of Namangan, Uzbekistan, early next week.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/te...-1226607564172

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #563
country flag Ausie

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #564
country flag Southend Aussies

Southend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond reputeSouthend Aussies has a reputation beyond repute

Huge news with Guccione out. It breaks the unbeatable record of Rusty and him and throws the doubles combination into a bit of controversy. Do you go with Matosevic - who isn't confident in Davis Cup - Ebden - who isn't great on clay - or Tomic - who hardly plays doubles. Honestly I think we are huge trouble in this clash.
Southend Aussies is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #565
country flag Givenchy

Givenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond repute

Sunday Mail:
Quote:
A contentious hosting move by Uzbekistan has forced Australia to hire a private jet to compete in their crucial Group I Davis Cup tennis tie.

Uzbekistan had hosting rights for the second-round tie, with the winner progressing to the World Group playoffs.

The Asian country named regional city of Namangan as the venue. The only direct international flights servicing the city's single-runway airport arrived from St Petersburg in Russia.

The Australian team left the US last week to base themselves in Munich and will arrive in Namangan on Tuesday to prepare for the tie.

Despite the two cities being less than 5000km apart, commercial travel options would have the squad in transit for anywhere between 17 and 31 hours.

Australia unsuccessfully protested the venue with the International Tennis Federation and will hire a private jet to fly its players direct from Munich to Namangan.

Uzbekistan are unbeaten in six Davis Cup ties on the red clay courts of Sport Complex Pahlavon since 2007.

Lleyton Hewitt and Bernard Tomic are the only Australian squad members who have played Davis Cup matches on clay.

The tie marks Tomic’s return to the Davis Cup fold after a falling-out with team management, with captain Pat Rafter omitting the 20-year-old from Australia’s whitewash win over Chinese Taipei in February due to a lack of professionalism.

Tomic takes the place of Chris Guccione, whose eight-for-eight doubles wins had him somewhat of a lock over an eight-year, 15-tie Davis Cup career.

WA’s Matthew Ebden will line up alongside Hewitt for the doubles rubber.
Givenchy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #566
country flag Ausie

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 04-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #567
country flag Ausie

Delays, conditions test Aus Davis Cup team

Quote:
The tie is still two days away but Australia’s Davis Cup team is already facing its fair share of challenges ahead of the must-win showdown in Uzbekistan.

Pat Rafter’s squad has arrived in the north-eastern Uzbek city of Namangan, but not before an arduous journey hit by travel delays.

A team featuring Bernard Tomic and Lleyton Hewitt is also battling tough conditions in the central Asian country, but team captain Rafter says there will be “no excuses” for the Asia-Oceania Zone second-round tie, starting Friday.

Australia’s team was training in Munich this week and had hired a private jet to simplify the journey to Namangan, which is usually only serviced by air via St Petersburg, Russia.

But there were still difficulties as they faced a frustrating 12-hour wait in Dubai, spending almost a full day in transit before arriving in Uzbekistan late on Tuesday night.

“It was a bit of a rough journey,” Rafter told AAP.

“It’s not ideal, but it is what it is and you’ve got to learn to adapt.

“You’ve just got to adjust, it’s part and parcel of travelling around to play in other places.”

Things haven’t been much easier since the team has arrived.

They’re staying in a two-star hotel and have been advised not to put their heads under water in the shower, instead using a bottle of water to avoid getting sick.

“Which is not much fun when it’s cold,” Rafter said.

The team has its own chef preparing food as a precaution, and Rafter insisted security was not a concern.

“The people are really nice people and we feel very safe here,” he said.

“We’re here now and there’s no excuses. We’ve got to get the job done.”

The squad had its first hit-out on the clay of the Pahlavon Sport Complex on Wednesday and Rafter said the court was adequate.

He admits Australia face a tough task against the Denis Istomin-led Uzbekistan, who are unbeaten in six Davis Cup ties on the court, but says his team has a good opportunity to win.

The winner of the tie will advance to the World Group playoffs in September.

Tomic and Marinko Matosevic are likely to play singles on Friday, with Hewitt and Ebden teaming up for doubles on Saturday.
http://www.sportsnews.com.au/tennis/...cup-team/65316

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 04-04-2013, 06:14 AM   #568
country flag Ausie

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 04-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #569
country flag Ausie

Uzbekistan v Australia draw - Dustov v Tomic, Istomin v Matosevic, Dustov/Istomin v Ebden/Hewitt, Istomin v Tomic, Dustov v Matosevic

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 04-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #570
country flag Ausie

Lleyton Hewitt