Budapest calling - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-27-2013, 01:13 AM   #1
country flag champras
To Shape the 'Fucso'

champras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond repute
Default Budapest calling

Hello MTF members - it's nice to join you finally!

I may be new here, but I know and watch this Forum since 2007-08.
How it started for me with tennis? I grew up with the Sampras and Agassi era, as you could guess
It might be crazy but I still play with the Pro Staff 6.0 (95 sq) racket from the 80's, but yeah - I already decided to replace it soon
Actually I started to play when Guga Kuerten won his first RG title in '97, then came my admiration to JCF and with time I've had many favourite players and I still support lots of them, I'm not a special fan of neither of them but I like plenty of ATP players.
In 2007 a domestic sport channel started to broadcast the Masters series and they had a not so professional internet forum, which I also joined with the same nick and soon I became a hardcore user there, we had some dozens of members with lot of fun and discussions over the years. But you know, as time passed by and the channel lost its right to televise tennis - (another one is doing it now), only a couple of guys remained there, so last year this time of the Miami Masters I made the very last post regarding Gonzo's retirement. But as mentioned, somehow I found this MTF Forum as well back in 2007 and followed it simultaneously, with great pleasure - almost every day at times. Mainly the opinions in the General Messages and of course the most popular Funny Fotos thread
I soon got used to the usual MTF vocabulary like 'mug' 'tards' 'chocker' 'pusher' and all the weird nicknames of the players like Olderer, Nadull, Mugray, Legenda, Almugro, Grassquet, FatDave, LaLo, Clownga and so on.

I visited the Vienna ATP tournament for 3 consecutive years, the very first ATP match I witnessed was in 2006 R2 Wawrinka vs the young Djokovic at Nr.16 then, but I had no clue really who this serb kid was It was actually the last time Stan beat Nole (6-3 6-3), next year they played the final there and you can remember at their epic 5 set battle at this years AO of course.
In Vienna I saw many many good players and favourites during these years (close from the sponsor's box - yeah I know, it was not allowed, but we just entered it from the VIP seats we had tickets to, as those boxes were half empty) like Ferrero, Delpo, A-Rod, Baghdatis, Ljubo, Moya, Monfils, Gasquet, Nalbandian, Almagro, Gulbis, Canas
But I don't visit it any more, since the field got worse and poorer over the last years.

I am also kind of an organiser at the annual Tennis Classics event held in Budapest since 2008. This event gave me the big opportunity to meet a lot of former legends and current stars! I am very thankful and extremely happy that I am part of that crew.
In Hungary recently we have only a WTA 250 tournament in Budapest, the girls were representing the country much more in the past years than the male players. Agnes Szavay had the most success (nr. 13.) but had to retire at young age due to serious injuries. Now Timea Babos and Melinda Czink are around the top 100.
As for the men, our biggest hope is the 2010 Wimbledon junior champion Marton Fucsovics at age 21, he had a nice Challenger QF some weeks ago (Yeah I know, you were already making some cheap fun of his name Fucs-o-wichs (german term) but i don't care He is climbing in the rankings at 380., while the elder guy, Attila Balazs at 24 years is around 250., he made a big run at last years Bucharest Open into the semis.
So I'm also looking forward to support these guys here. I'm glad that they already have own threads and some supporters. Last time we had a decent top100 player, was back in 2002 with Attila Savolt (he played Fed at the '02 AO losing 6-2 7-5 6-4 in R2.)

As far as i am concerned, I play in the national team championships and I started to participate at amateur tennis tournament across Hungary since 2006 with decent results.

I hope to contribute to MTF from now on, discover it more and it was nice to receive already 6 positive reputations since I joined a week ago! Well the first 5 came for my 3 Funny Fotos postings and the last today as a welcome to the forum from a user who liked Hungary
I promise I won't post too much crazy photoshops... but who knows

Sorry if the introduction was too much

Cheers,
Champras

Last edited by champras : 03-27-2013 at 01:51 AM.
champras is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 01:24 AM   #2
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Budapest calling

Welcome to MTF.

I love Hungary too. I lived in Budapest for a year! Miss it so much! The title got my attention. Has the metro line 4 open yet?
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:49 AM   #3
country flag champras
To Shape the 'Fucso'

champras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond reputechampras has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks arm!
No, still not. Looks like a never ending story here the metro line 4 (they keep postpone to open it every year)
And since two days, we are covered by a lotttt of snow, just incredible at this time of the year!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #4
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I saw on Facebook! Meh I miss winter in Bp! And is the are around the Deak Ferenc Ter fixed? It was under construction when I left.

I refuse to return before Line 4 opens
Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
country flag champras
To Shape the 'Fucso'

Yes, Deak Ferenc Ter area looks nice, I'm from the outer districts though. Snow starting to melt away tommmorrow, but today I made some physical exercises in the garden, just to be in good shape for the open tennis season By creating an Ice Borg, take a look. Or rather a John 'Icener', it's 206cm tall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tennissnowman 010-copy.jpg (158.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-28-2013, 12:36 AM   #6
country flag arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by champras View Post
Yes, Deak Ferenc Ter area looks nice, I'm from the outer districts though. Snow starting to melt away tommmorrow, but today I made some physical exercises in the garden, just to be in good shape for the open tennis season By creating an Ice Borg, take a look. Or rather a John 'Icener', it's 206cm tall.
That is pretty awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #7
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Good thread and good way to introduce yourself in MTF. The text looks larger than it really is But it worth the time. It is interested to know that you are a tennis fan since a lot of years ago and you are involved in hungarian tennis

I was in Margaret Island in Budapest this January (as you know ) and I saw some tennis courts all covered by snow (I made one photo: http://i49.tinypic.com/rwhrbk.jpg). Is any competition played there in Margaret Island courts? Where people play tennis in Budapest? Is any Futures played in Budapest?

Quote:
nice. Deak Ferenc Ter, I know this name because I saw it lots of times while I was travelling in metro
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet - Dominic Thiem - Santiago Giraldo - Kei Nishikori
Dimitrov - Wawrinka - Youzhny - Haas - Cilic - Gulbis - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee - Lizariturry

Last edited by VamosRafaNadal : 03-28-2013 at 12:52 AM.
VamosRafaNadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 AM   #8
country flag champras
To Shape the 'Fucso'

Thank you VamosRafa!
Margaret Island is beautiful indeed, ideal for many sports and other freetime activities. It is the most popular place for runners who live nearby. If you make an island round, it's 5,5 km. Once I made it in 27 minutes with 12 km/h average speed, but I don't live near the island, I used to run somewhere else. The tennis court there is used only by club players, they also participate in the national team championships. Yes we are hosting lots of Futures Tournaments, and there are a lot of very nice tennis courts in Budapest and near the capital. I used to visit them regularly. We have plenty of opportunities to play. In Buda we have the Park Tennis Club and the Grand Slam Park, the biggest ones, but we have e.g. in Pest the Nepliget, a nice park with lots of trees, with lovely clubs inside.

Yes, Deak Square is in the city centre, where all the 3 metro lines cross eachother.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:40 AM   #9
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

great snowman. welcome
Old 03-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #10
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you VamosRafa!
Margaret Island is beautiful indeed, ideal for many sports and other freetime activities. It is the most popular place for runners who live nearby. If you make an island round, it's 5,5 km. Once I made it in 27 minutes with 12 km/h average speed, but I don't live near the island, I used to run somewhere else. The tennis court there is used only by club players, they also participate in the national team championships. Yes we are hosting lots of Futures Tournaments, and there are a lot of very nice tennis courts in Budapest and near the capital. I used to visit them regularly. We have plenty of opportunities to play. In Buda we have the Park Tennis Club and the Grand Slam Park, the biggest ones, but we have e.g. in Pest the Nepliget, a nice park with lots of trees, with lovely clubs inside.

Yes, Deak Square is in the city centre, where all the 3 metro lines cross eachother.
Nice Hope to see a hungarian tennis player being in the TOP50 in the next years
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet - Dominic Thiem - Santiago Giraldo - Kei Nishikori
Dimitrov - Wawrinka - Youzhny - Haas - Cilic - Gulbis - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee - Lizariturry
VamosRafaNadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:38 AM   #11
country flag champras
To Shape the 'Fucso'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosRafaNadal View Post
Nice Hope to see a hungarian tennis player being in the TOP50 in the next years
Thanks! Yes, all our neighbours do have, why not us also to have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
great snowman. welcome
Thank you! Speaking of snow and Toronto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE9GHshcUNk
I was a big fan of him back in the days!