Unban Corey Feldman (permabanned)! - post #488 for update - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #121
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unban Corey Feldman (permabanned)!

If the current "sentencing" rules appear to be unfair by most reasonable people, why can't the rules be changed?

I suggest:

1. The most serious offenses, wishing death, injury or making threats regarding players or other posters should be very strictly handled and not tolerated. Whether intended as a "joke" or not, if you are a first time offender, you should be strongly reprimanded, and notified on the next occurrence, you will be permanently banned. Recall the incident at Shanghai last year when some idiot threatened Federer on a board with an image depicting decapitation. These kinds of things are very serious and can result in boards being closed down or changed so that moderation occurs with each post.

2. Nobody should be perma-banned for a lesser offense, even if it caused someone to go over some arbitrary limit that the current rules state gives a perma-ban. There should simply be a maximum ban period assigned for those kind of repeated offenses and it should be repeatedly applied once one reaches that level. The more "serious" the offense, the longer the maximum ban period and the maximum ban period for each offense should be well advertised in the rules. I would argue that this approach would save time for admins/mods in the long run.

3. After the rules are fixed in such a way, then I would suggest amnesty be given to any of the perma-banned posters who were permanently banned, except for reasons as noted in #1 above, and allow them to post if or once their maximum ban time has been served.

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #122
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

I side with masterclass's suggestion, and am willing to consider a board-wide protest in favor of it.

I am willing to do my part in such a protest and stop updating the rankings, stop posting my sig and my avatar in favor of bringing back unfair permabanned posters and change to the rules.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #123
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Oh well, off topic. That's certainly a bad thing, isn't it? And I'm sure you do find it unrelated.

What is the point? I wrote a long carefully considered email to a moderator about sexism on this board and got absolutely no reply to it. I'm not bothering again.
Lol yep, every time the WTA is even alluded to, we get a string of misogynist comments. Or Murray's mom and Fed's wife etc.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:34 AM   #124
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Well I read the post that did him in- he really should have known better after all this time. Not sure this thread will have much good guys but I think it is important to have your say.
Dr Sue, I didn't see the post but I guess he kinda wanted to get permabanned, he knew he was one strike away. Sad really.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #125
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
Yeah, thanks with bashing all moderators.

I agree with almost every post in here and would have liked to see it differently as well. Maybe the moderating team does need to be more open for the opinions of the MTF posters.

But saying each and every moderator are here because they are fond of power is ridiculous.
If you could have done a better job, why didn't you apply for it yourself?
Bashing?
Not all criticism is bashing, and what you replied to was pretty mild.

I said the mods were biased in how they handled posts about certain top players, and I got warned for "mod bashing."

This is another rule that needs to be reevaluated. Criticism is not synonymous with bashing.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #126
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Bashing?
Not all criticism is bashing, and what you replied to was pretty mild.

I said the mods were biased in how they handled posts about certain top players, and I got warned for "mod bashing."

This is another rule that needs to be reevaluated. Criticism is not synonymous with bashing.
+1

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #127
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
It's normal to get ban, he is not follow rules and he is ban, if you not follow rules outside a forum and get arrested, someone will forgive you?

And don't say that is mod faults, no one from moderators write from Corey account ...
Every moderator give his/her free time to manage forum.
Rules or laws aren't a purpose themselves. The main aim of a rule is to make the world better than it was before being applied. When the rules do not fulfill their main purpose we can speak of tyranny or lack of common sense, which is the worst sin of a moderator.

A question for you, any bolded and sharp decision like a permaban requires the agreement of all the moderators or is enough that one of you make the decision? In this case it seems that at least one moderator disagrees.

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #128
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first step of my protest against applying permabans to users in such fashion that it bring discomfort to the general mood of the forums.

Until these 5 users along with the other users banned without a good reason as defined by MC's post are brought back and the permaban rule is changed to reflect only the most grave infractions, this protest will grow worse.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #129
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
That's what's happening when you put 18 y.o pubers and 1 year MTF old as mods

the last legend of MTf is gone.

Seriously
I was actually very surprised when I saw some mods have not been here long. Some of them have been on MTF even shorter than I have.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #130
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Mugerators

The most unfair ban at MTF that I know. Yeah, he also trolled but everybody does that at MTF. I don't think he ever went over the the line.

Unban Corey Feldman!!!!

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #131
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Stop the executions, give users the benefit of the doubt, punish them for trolling, but don't stop them permanently from posting.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #132
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

I suggested before in a PM to smowwy that users should just be banned in certain sections for a while. For example if a posters trolling supposed bannable offences mainly happened in GM he should be given a week or two ban just from their. I was told this couldn't be done but having been an admin and mod on vbulletin forums before I know that it is possible...

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #133
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your support of my suggestion Slash. It's not the mods fault for applying the existing rules as written.
Let's see how the admins or whomever has power to alter the rules respond. If nothing happens, it seems protest is the next reasonable option. Nothing forces us to continue as we have...

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #134
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
I suggested before in a PM to smowwy that users should just be banned in certain sections for a while. For example if a posters trolling supposed bannable offences mainly happened in GM he should be given a week or two ban just from their. I was told this couldn't be done but having been an admin and mod on vbulletin forums before I know that it is possible...
This was done to GlennMirnyi once I think... He was banned from GM specifically.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #135
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
I side with masterclass's suggestion, and am willing to consider a board-wide protest in favor of it.

I am willing to do my part in such a protest and stop updating the rankings, stop posting my sig and my avatar in favor of bringing back unfair permabanned posters and change to the rules.
I'll be the first signee.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread