My betting strategy: progress and outcomes - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My betting strategy: progress and outcomes

Added three more bets. The match between Almagro and Gasquet was hard to bet and it depends on how both players start (they didn't play very well yesterday). I think that Ferrer, Murray and Djokovic won't be upset today... Maybe Murray hasn't been playing well in Indian Wells and Miami but Seppi yesterday was not good, worse than Murray was against Dimitrov.

And I made an update in my betting strategy.
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
VamosRafaNadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #17
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

great thread my friend
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #18
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

@VRN: Stopped vBetting?
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #19
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see him to bet

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 135 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 58 (Best 58) - Won Sao Paulo (with stbanchile), Won Stockholm (with Hellcat)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 11:6 (ATP 2:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #20

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi friends, I completely forgot this thread I stop betting after Miami because I didn't have time but I will update it since today I will move to the Betting shrine thread, I will only use this thread only to record my statistics.
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
Old 06-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #21

Actual Statistics:

Excel table with all the picks I made and all the statistics you need to follow me: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing

Total number of picks: 9
Won picks: 5
Lost picks: 4
Total unit benefits: +4 units
Yield: 15'09%

Miami Statistics:

Total number of picks: 9
Won picks: 5
Lost picks: 4
Total unit benefits: +4 units
Yield: 15'09%

UPDATE (v1.21)

-> Since now in my betting thread benefits are only counted in terms of amount of units staked and amount of units won or lost. So with this modification players can get an idea of my how profitable are my picks or not with clear numbers that don't depend of the bankroll that me or him has. The yield is not the profitability of the money that you put following me in all my bets, like if I was a bank

I added this new concept:

-> The units will be a new measure introduced to get an idea of how much credits I place on a bet but as universal measure to all the players with different banks. I mean: if I have a banroll of 10,000,000 credits and my max stake is the 10% of my bankroll, if I bet on one player with stake 1/10 I place 100,000 credits. But if someone has 1,000 credits and he has the same max stake and he bets for the same player with 1/10 he is placing only 10 credits, so we see that thinking about credits for talking about certain things like benefits is not the best option if we are interested to traduce our level of betting experience and betting profits into interesting data for different players with different bankrolls. For this reason we think about units as an universal way to measure how much money we put in one but according with our bankroll. In the examples that I said before, independently if I have 1,000 credits or 10,000,000 credits as my bankroll, betting 1/10 means the same because I am giving the same confidence to my bet. If I win, I win an amount of units equal to: (ODD)*(UNITS STAKED). If I loose my bet I will loose the amount of units that I placed. For example if I staked 1/10 for one player with odd 3,25 if I win I will win 3,25 units (3,25*1=3,25) but if I lose I will loose 1 unit (I placed 1 unit). Here you can see that this measure does not depend on how much money I have and this is good and this is why I will use units to talk about real benefits. It is not my fault that I have less bankroll than other user so I cannot get the same benefits. We can clearly see that the amount of units I can put on a bet has an upper bound of 10 units.

I modified this old concept:

-> The yield is a measure about how good or bad is following my bets in a long-term period. The yield is more and more reliable with the more picks I do because with more and more data about more and more picks the number that the yield is is based on more facts. The yield shows the profitability that you will get following me, like if I was a bank and you were putting your money in an account of my bank. I will give you the profitability that says my yield. The yield is calculated with the units that I bet and the units that I win. More precisely: Yield=((won units in all my picks)/(amount of units picked in all my picks))*100. If I have picked 1250 units in all my betting life and I have won 30 units, my yield will be very poor (2'4% of profit). To be considered as an expert gambler your yield has to be near from 20%. Good gamblers have a yield near from 5-7'5%.

Finally, the Note that I had about some confusions of my profits is useful since now my profit is only based on the amount of units won, something that does not depend on how much credits I have.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #22

This thread will be updated after each tournament with all the picks that I made on this tournament.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #23
country flag mahmud29

mahmud29 is on a distinguished road

But I don't think success in betting depend largely on Strategies. it is more likely a Luck. How can I do if My favorite player falls & My bet ruins. Nothing to do.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmud29 View Post
But I don't think success in betting depend largely on Strategies. it is more likely a Luck. How can I do if My favorite player falls & My bet ruins. Nothing to do.
I strongly disagree. In my opinion the good bets with value are the only way of finding success betting. I do not bet to my favourite players, I bet to player with more chances to win than the bookies predict, and always with low stake so if the bet is not won nothing happens. Betting for the bookies favourites is not a good strategy. You can see the betting rating of Nadal, Federer, Djokovic and Murray in matchstat.com It is almost always negative.

Greetings and thanks for posting in the thread. We can have a good discussion if you want.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #25
country flag tripler

tripler has a reputation beyond reputetripler has a reputation beyond reputetripler has a reputation beyond reputetripler has a reputation beyond reputetripler has a reputation beyond reputetripler has a reputation beyond reputetripler has a reputation beyond reputetripler has a reputation beyond reputetripler has a reputation beyond reputetripler has a reputation beyond reputetripler has a reputation beyond repute

On my screen I can't read the stuff you put on pale green. You should use another colour.

Also, it would be nice to update each post with who won that match. That way people reading through get an idea of how you're doing.

Anyway, interesting thread.
tripler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:10 PM   #26
country flag Ace Pounder

Ace Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond repute

I am new to the vBetting, I'm starting for the year 2014.

But I was thinking: isn't the best strategy to put a good amount on the player you think will win, and a second bet on an "underdog"/2nd favourite and bet on him a little amount (like 0.10-1.00% of your Credits)?

That's what I did for my first bet, in the AO '14 winner thread.

(Djokovic: stakes=300
del Potro: stakes=20)

Pretty basic, I think, but could work well.

Deus ex MachineGun
(Ignosce mihi.)

Ace Pounder is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote