Bernard's Articles and News - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 AM   #61
country flag Gallace..

Gallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard's Articles and News

lol didnt think that good behaviour licence would last long
Nick Kyrgios
Gallace.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #62
country flag Huntress555

Huntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond reputeHuntress555 has a reputation beyond repute

Gees its speeding. Its stupid but he's not the first to lose his license.. my brother in law did. Its pretty dumb but losing his license might actually be a good thing for him
Old 02-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #63
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226575780088

Quote:
ANOTHER Australian tennis summer done, another Gold Coast blonde bombshell bites the dust.
I actually find this quite funny

Wonder who will be for next AO, brunette maybe?
Asadinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #64
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Is Bernie unlucky (to have got caught speeding) or just plain dumb ??
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #65
country flag wallaby73

wallaby73 is on a distinguished road

Probably both but he seems to like any attention, positive or negative. Usually more of the latter.
wallaby73 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #66
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Bernard Tomic jeered off court after Andy Murray sweeps wins in straight sets in Miami

Quote:
DAVIS Cup-bound Bernard Tomic blamed illness after being jeered when humbled 6-3 6-1 by world No.2 Andy Murray at the Miami Masters.

World No.45 Tomic managed to win only 10 points in the second set of their second round clash on a steamy Florida afternoon and he put his problems down to the effect of too much air-conditioning on a troublesome virus.

"I didn't play very good in the second set," acknowledged Tomic, who is also teaming with Lleyton Hewitt in doubles in Miami after being restored to the Australian Davis Cup team for its tie against Uzbekistan on April 5-7.

"I didn't feel at 100 per cent. I tried my best but it was not good enough.

"I've had some sort of flu for the last few days. I can't breath through my nose and I lose energy quickly on court.

"I felt good in my first round, but I must have slept under too much A/C.

The match was played in very hot conditions, and I was soon struggling. After losing the first set it was going to be really difficult to come back from a set down."

Although Tomic offered little resistance in the second set, Murray wasn't sure that he deserved the jeers he heard from the crowd, who may have had memories of Tomic's US Open second round flogging from Andy Roddick last August, when he was accused of tanking by John McEnroe when losing the last set 6-0.

"The one thing I would say is that if you aren't used to playing in these conditions, it is extremely hot and tough to play," Murray said.

"It is tough when you're going behind and making quite a lot of mistakes.

"So I don't know. The crowd, they're free to do whatever they want."

Tomic, champion in Sydney in the run-up to the Australian Open, heads next to Munich when his doubles run is done in Miami to train with the Australian team for the Davis Cup tie in Uzbekistan.

Tomic said he was genuinely pleased to be back on the Davis Cup team. The 20-year-old Queenslander has won eight of his 10 singles rubbers and will be a welcome asset to skipper Pat Rafter in the Asia-Oceania Zone second-round tie.

"I'm very, very happy to be back on the team," said the player whose feud with Rafter exploded last year.

Tomic had originally said he would not be available for the upcoming tie after being left off the side which beat Chinese Taipei in February because of what Rafter called a lack of professionalism.

"I always want to play Davis Cup. I want to thank Pat for picking me," Tomic said.

"Wherever it is I'll always be happy to play for country.

"Lleyton has always told me what a huge thing Davis Cup is. We have a good chance to beat Uzbekistan. I'm back where I want to be, I'm looking forward to playing Davis Cup again and I'll give my best."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/te...-1226604286446

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:48 AM   #67
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

By Amy Fetherolf

(March 23, 2013) MIAMI - I spoke with Bernard Tomic, who recently revealed that Australia’s Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter has asked him to play in their next tie against Uzbekistan, ending a dramatic standoff between Tomic and Tennis Australia.

Amy Fetherolf: Who approached whom during the talks to get you back in the Davis Cup fold? Did you talk to Pat Rafter or did he approach you?

Bernard Tomic: It was a decision we were going to meet at the Australian Open. I said to him very clear I’ll be ready to play and I’ll be available. I was told that I wasn’t going to play the second one. Was a whole lot of nonsense I think, because at the end of the day I said, “Possibly, we’ll see.” When I had a chat with him, everything was fine. The last thing I want do is not play Davis Cup. It’s a huge thing for me, and everybody on the team is ready to go now. Like I said, I’m happy to get this chance to play. Wherever it is, I’m going to try very hard, and hopefully we can win as a team.

AF: What was the rationale behind Rafter inviting you to play again? You’ve talked a lot about working harder lately. Was it a result of your improved work ethic, or was it something else?

BT: I think obviously my results the last two months have been really good. Obviously, Pat had to make a decision whether to pick me, and we had a chat. I’m happy he did pick me, and I’m ready to play. It’s amazing for me to play Davis Cup. In the future, I never want to miss a tie. Davis Cup for me is huge. I’m ready to go and to get back on a roll playing for Australia.

AF: So you and Lleyton are preparing to possibly play doubles in Davis Cup? [The pair is scheduled to play doubles together in Miami.]

BT: Yeah, we are. This is the first time. It was a dream for me growing up to meet Lleyton. Now to play with him for the first time in an actual tournament, today’s a very, very cool day for me. I’m going to use it as much as I can to play Lleyton. I learn so much every time I practice with him and when I’m with him. He’s an amazing guy, hopefully we can win some doubles.

AF: You two have been practicing together a lot lately, and Lleyton said that you spent a great deal of time together during the Olympics. Has the relationship between you two warmed up?

BT: The relationship’s fine. He’s an amazing guy. I’ve come to learn the last few years what impact he’s had for tennis, not just for me, but for a lot of people and kids around the world. To spend time with him and learn a lot from a person like that who was a former champion, if you can learn from that, you only do yourself good.

http://www.tennispanorama.com/archives/36577

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Old 03-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #68
country flag Gallace..

Gallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to think that he is playing this terribly from general illness. But fuck.....there;s only so many general illness claims someone can make you know
Nick Kyrgios
Gallace.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #69
country flag Givenchy

Givenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm skeptical over his illness claims. If he was really that sick that he couldn't put in a better performance then perhaps it would have been better to just withdraw to save himself from the tanking claims again.

I remember last year how he was apparently sick between RG and Wimbledon (and that's when the losing streak started). If he is genuinely sick all these times then maybe he should start taking care of himself better.
Givenchy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #70
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Quoted in Aticle (above) from Murray"
"Although Tomic offered little resistance in the second set, Murray wasn't sure that he deserved the jeers he heard from the crowd, who may have had memories of Tomic's US Open second round flogging from Andy Roddick last August, when he was accused of tanking by John McEnroe when losing the last set 6-0.

"The one thing I would say is that if you aren't used to playing in these conditions, it is extremely hot and tough to play," Murray said."

Murraaayyy - trying to be too nice: Tomic trains on the Gold Coast - that weather is home for him, his bread & butter - that was not the problem.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:44 AM   #71
country flag Asadinator

Asadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond reputeAsadinator has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennis.com.au/news/2013/0...-be-figurehead

Rafter is trolling with us.
Asadinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #72
country flag Givenchy

Givenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond reputeGivenchy has a reputation beyond repute

^

Quote:
“He was serving really well and should have closed out the first set, being up 5-4,” Tomic said.

“I did a very good job to break back and win that first set.

“The second set I played more aggressively and managed to win that 6-4, which was also tough.

“Third set was good tennis. I think I lost a bit of my concentration and maybe should have won it more easily.

“But a win is a win and I am happy I won and got my team up in the tie.”
http://www.tennis.com.au/news/2013/0...irst-days-play
Old 04-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #73
country flag Givenchy

Quote:
"It's a huge thing for me to get back in the team," Tomic said.

"I told Pat thanks very much for picking me again and I think did really well this time.

"To win today and on Friday is huge and I'm happy I played the way I did.

"We worked hard the week before with the boys as a team and I think that's what got the best out of me here."
Quote:
Rafter described it as some of Tomic's best tennis and urged him to continue heading in the right direction with his attitude and commitment.

"He's still got a way to go and he knows it too but he's made inroads and that's the important thing," Rafter said.

"He tried hard and we've got to make sure he keeps on improving."
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...rom=public_rss
Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #74
country flag Ausie

Thomas Drouet calls on ATP to ban Bernard Tomic's father, John, from tennis circuit after alleged assault

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/te...-1226636372038

Lleyton Hewitt

Old 05-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #75
country flag Ausie

Quote:
Some of the biggest names in Australian tennis have been called in to support Bernard Tomic in the wake of an assault charge levelled against his father and coach.

John Tomic appeared in a Madrid court overnight, after being accused of headbutting his son's French training partner Thomas Drouet.

He denied the charge and will be back in court for a judge to decide his guilt or innocence at a May 14 hearing, by which time Bernard Tomic is likely to be in Italy playing in the Rome Masters - a key lead-up tournament to this month's French Open.

If found guilty, John Tomic is likely to be banned from coaching by the ATP, the world governing body of men's tennis.
Advertisement

Australian Davis Cup coach Josh Eagle is in Madrid and will provide whatever immediate help the 20-year-old Tomic needs.

Davis Cup captain Pat Rafter, coaching great Tony Roche and Tennis Australia's head of professional tennis Todd Woodbridge will also spend much of the next two months in Europe, taking in the French Open and Wimbledon.

"The key for us in this whole thing is making sure that Bernard's welfare is being taken care of," Woodbridge told AAP on Tuesday.

"Bernard's got a really good relationship with Tony Roche, who's become a really good mentor.

"And although there's been some stuff written about Pat and Bernard, they really came together at the last Davis Cup tie in Namangan (against Uzbekistan in April)."

Woodbridge contacted Bernard Tomic overnight to find out how he was coping with the arrest of his father.

"What's important is that tennis will be a bit of a sanctuary for him," said Woodbridge.

"This might not help his tennis in the short term, but Bernard has been really good at playing under these stresses and duress.

"He likes to be talked about, he likes to be the focus, although obviously this is a different sort of focus."

Drouet, who is from Monaco, appeared at the Madrid court with a neck brace and white plaster over his nose.

John Tomic's lawyer Carmen Dieguez said his client had struck his son's training partner with his head only because his own arms were being held by Drouet and he had to protect himself from falling over.

Tomic opted for a court hearing rather than paying a fine, she told reporters.

Drouet earlier claimed he had been "treated like a dog" by the coach.

Bernard Tomic has made a poor start to the European clay-court season and lost in straight sets to Czech veteran Radek Stepanek in the first round of the Madrid Masters.

French sports newspaper L'Equipe quoted Bernard Tomic as saying that he had been with his physical trainer at the time of the incident between his father and Drouet and hadn't seen or heard anything.

"It's a very odd situation," he was quoted as saying. "I wanted to talk to Thomas, but he was in hospital. I haven't seen my father since then."

Drouet told News Ltd the incident followed months of mistreatment by John Tomic.

He also claimed he saw Tomic Sr punch Bernard in the mouth during a practice session last Tuesday, leaving the player in tears.
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/tenni...#ixzz2SawkQBql

Lleyton Hewitt