Rising Francesco vol. 18 - Betty on her way to 100k posts - Page 150 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #2236
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rising Francesco vol. 18 - open for posters who took a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Yes because supporting United since I was 3 makes me plastic
Where are you from?
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #2237
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Where are you from?
Manchester.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #2238
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
9kP per semester?
I think it's per year, but I'm not sure, nor do I care exactly how much it is. The thing I care about is the government going out of their way to make education more expensive, when Britain as a country is in desperate need of talented and well-educated people coming through.

Quote:
Sure, but when you're 18, sitting on your backside with seemingly no prospect of getting a job and you know Uni is a real option it's hard to ignore even if you know it's not the right decision.

I did my A levels 5 years ago. Whilst my grades are crap, A levels are a joke. I was sitting with clowns doing Media Studies, Sociology and Psychology bragging about their 2 A's and a B as if they were worth the same as someone taking Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. It's not as if A levels are hard either is it? They are worthless.

I wasn't overly bothered about the tuition fee rise. The only effect that it will have is stopping those that are half-hearted about the prospect of Uni from going (me for example) and stopping others from doing Mickey Mouse courses and using Uni as an excuse to have a piss-up for 3 years.

Those that are serious about going can get their courses paid for and only have to pay it back in incredible small chunks once they are earning a decent wage.
Media Studies is a joke for sure, as is Sociology. Psychology is okay, but certainly not one of the more taxing A Level courses.

Yes, you are right about the maximum tuition fee rise having benefits, but I think it has come at the wrong time. In the current climate, we need to make it easy enough for anyone talented enough to get to university, no matter their financial constraints, without the hassle of this revamped and over-complicated tuition fee loan system.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #2239
country flag Vinceremo

Vinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond reputeVinceremo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
Anto, vi beccate 2 pere da Gila stasera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
sperem genci
Old 03-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #2240
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Media Studies is a joke for sure, as is Sociology. Psychology is okay, but certainly not one of the more taxing A Level courses.

Yes, you are right about the maximum tuition fee rise having benefits, but I think it has come at the wrong time. In the current climate, we need to make it easy enough for anyone talented enough to get to university, no matter their financial constraints, without the hassle of this revamped and over-complicated tuition fee loan system.
I did Psychology myself, so I know that at A level standard it's a complete joke.

I don't see how the rise in the fee's would have any impact on someone going to University. The Government pays for you to go and you pay them back at a very slow rate via your salary once you are earning enough. It's a non-issue IMO.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #2241
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it's per year, but I'm not sure, nor do I care exactly how much it is. The thing I care about is the government going out of their way to make education more expensive, when Britain as a country is in desperate need of talented and well-educated people coming through.
same problem in Germany. The industry is lamenting a skills shortage for years now, and yet some years ago 14 of 16 regions in Germany had invented a semester fee of at least 250 Euro. In many regions the fee was 500 Euro per semester. Several international comparing studies of the OECD claim for years that Germany is one of the countries where the family background is the most decisive about the school success and that more underpriviledged people must get the possibility to study, and then the regions invent those fees. On the other hand those fees are very much an ideological thing, the conservative parties invent it and often when the lefty parties then get on the government they dismiss it again. So currently there are only 2 regions that have those fees now, and in one of them it will be kicked out in the next months too.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #2242
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

So you think courses like Media Studies should not exists? I'm not disagreeing with you here but as someone who did a Media Studies and Film studies course, it would be cool to hear the main reasoning as to why many people who haven't done those courses think they are a joke. What would you feel would be a better pathway for people wanting to work in the media, rather than A Level's and degrees? Something like an apprenticeship do you think?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

Old 03-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #2243
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you think courses like Media Studies should not exists? I'm not disagreeing with you here but as someone who did a Media Studies and Film studies course, it would be cool to hear the main reasoning as to why many people who haven't done those courses think they are a joke. What would you feel would be a better pathway for people wanting to work in the media, rather than A Level's and degrees? Something like an apprenticeship do you think?
What's the point in sitting at school for an extra two years doing those kind of subjects, which require a much more hands-on approach?

In my opinion, those subjects shouldn't exist at school. There should be opportunities for post-GCSE students to go and take an external course in those subjects. I don't see how learning it at school or at a sixth firm college can particularly help? Perhaps you can enlighten me as someone who has taken one of these A Level courses.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #2244
Banned!

Quote:
What's the point in sitting at school for an extra two years doing those kind of subjects, which require a much more hands-on approach?

In my opinion, those subjects shouldn't exist at school. There should be opportunities for post-GCSE students to go and take an external course in those subjects. I don't see how learning it at school or at a sixth firm college can particularly help? Perhaps you can enlighten me as someone who has taken one of these A Level courses.
I think exactly the same.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #2245
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
same problem in Germany. The industry is lamenting a skills shortage for years now, and yet some years ago 14 of 16 regions in Germany had invented a semester fee of at least 250 Euro. In many regions the fee was 500 Euro per semester. Several international comparing studies of the OECD claim for years that Germany is one of the countries where the family background is the most decisive about the school success and that more underpriviledged people must get the possibility to study, and then the regions invent those fees. On the other hand those fees are very much an ideological thing, the conservative parties invent it and often when the lefty parties then get on the government they dismiss it again. So currently there are only 2 regions that have those fees now, and in one of them it will be kicked out in the next months too.
At least Germany has the talented people in there, who are willing to work hard.

I'm starting to believe everyone in Britain is more-or-less a clown, not willing to work hard.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #2246
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:

I actually agree with you here to be honest. I mean, at GCSE level, I think it's good to get experience in it, so practical based subjects are good optional choices, for the last 2 years of your secondary school life. But I think by 16 most people know what they want to do, and rather than Sixth Form, there should be work based learning things to get into the media. I mean I did enjoy Media in Sixth Form, and I enjoy it now at University, but I'd much rather be out there working at 16 if you get what I mean? 4 extra years when I could be working my way up into a company already if the system wasn't so strange. I mean if I had it my way, I'd even have subjects like Maths, Science etc as options for GCSE. I never really liked Maths, and apart from the basics, I never really understood the importance of it, I mean I'm never going to need to know why e=mc2 in the career path I'm taking am I

argument.
Quote:

Old 03-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #2247
Banned!

Quote:
I mean if I had it my way, I'd even have subjects like Maths, Science etc as options for GCSE. I never really liked Maths, and apart from the basics, I never really understood the importance of it, I mean I'm never going to need to know why e=mc2 in the career path I'm taking am I
Couldn't disagree more. In fact, I feel like I'd be wasting my time trying to explain why you are wrong so I will leave it there.

Bit shocked you said that in all honesty!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #2248
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
Couldn't disagree more. In fact, I feel like I'd be wasting my time trying to explain why you are wrong so I will leave it there.

Bit shocked you said that in all honesty!
Why? Since I left school I've barely had to use Maths, the basics, yes, but apart from that, nothing.. I mean sure, it will come in handy for calculating invoices to companies that I work freelance for (hopefully) and stuff like that, but I'm good enough at Math's to be able to do all that stuff. Do you think Britain needs a bunch of Maths and Science bots?

argument.
Quote:

Old 03-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #2249
country flag The Prince

To be honest, if I was an employer in the media industry, I'd probably rather employ to someone who's done an English degree or a History degree, as opposed to someone who has done Media Studies, ironically enough. I presume, contrary to how I believe it should be, that this media degree you're taking is the best way to get in to that job market?
Old 03-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #2250
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
To be honest, if I was an employer in the media industry, I'd probably rather employ to someone who's done an English degree or a History degree, as opposed to someone who has done Media Studies, ironically enough. I presume, contrary to how I believe it should be, that this media degree you're taking is the best way to get in to that job market?
Why is that?

And I'm not sure it's the best way, but it's certainly not a bad way either. I'm building up a portfolio with things and the University can help students on the course get vital work experience. But still, I'm not getting ahead of myself here, and I realize that even with this degree I'll have to work my way up.

argument.
Quote:

Closed Thread