Sexual assault criminals got a slap in the wrist while the victim was told to shut up - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sexual assault criminals got a slap in the wrist while the victim was told to shut up

Quote:
Teens who assaulted 16-year-old thought it would be 'funny'
Updated 8/31/2012 7:35 PM

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Two Catholic school athletes who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a 16-year-old told police they did it because they thought it would be "funny," according to court records released under a Jefferson County judge's order.

Savannah Dietrich had been frustrated by what she felt was a lenient plea bargain for the two teens who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting her in August 2011, so she tweeted their names and criticized the justice system.

Both teens, who were 16 at the time of the assault, said in interviews with a Louisville Metro Police detective before their guilty pleas that they also took explicit pictures of Savannah Dietrich with their cellphones while she was intoxicated.

The February police interviews are among hundreds of pages of documents released under Chief District Court Judge Angela McCormick Bisig's ruling this week that they should be open to the public.

In another ruling Friday, Bisig said Dietrich does not have legal standing to remove the county attorney's office from the case though she can raise concerns about the plea agreement her assailants received.

After Dietrich initially complained about the plea deal the two teens received, Paul Richwalsky, chief prosecutor in the juvenile court division of the county attorney's office, told her "get over it and see a therapist. … The jail was for 'real' rapists, murderers and robbers," according to an affidavit released Thursday.

The teen boys pleaded guilty to charges of first-degree sexual abuse, a felony, and misdemeanor voyeurism as part of the plea agreement. They are required to do 50 hours of volunteer work and the Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice will determine the level of supervision and treatment needed. The conviction could be set aside and erased when the teens turn 19˝ if they complete a diversion program.

Dietrich's lawyer, Thomas Clay, told the court that Richwalsky gave the teens favored treatment because they were athletes at Trinity High School, where Richwalsky is an alumnus, serves on the reunion committee and supports the sports teams.

The teens told Detective Chris Horn in separate interviews that they were drinking with Dietrich and a few other people at her home in August 2011 when they were left alone with the heavily intoxicated Dietrich.

They said they lifted her shirt, pulled down her pants and penetrated her vagina with their fingers because, according to one of the teens, "we thought it would be funny, but it wasn't."

They said they took two or three pictures each, put Dietrich's clothes back on and carried her upstairs to her room. Numerous other teenagers told police that the teens showed them the pictures, according to police reports.

Dietrich later learned of the teens' plea deal, which she considered too lenient, then tweeted their names and complained about the court's treatment of her. The lawyer for the accused at first sought to have her held in contempt for exposing what was, at the time, a confidential juvenile court proceeding.

The lawyers dropped the contempt complaint after The Courier-Journal reported on the case. Dietrich and her parents gave permission to use her name. While the assailants' names have been made public in court records, The Courier-Journal has not identified them.

The older of the two teens told police in his interview that he molested Dietrich because "she was fine with it."

"How do you know she was fine?" police asked him.

"I mean she could have definitely been like, 'Stop, don't do this' and we would have stopped, but she didn't," the boy responded, adding that she was conscious but "very drunk" and had "low eyelids."

Before they were charged, the teens pleaded with Dietrich in several text messages not to go to court over what happened, according to copies of the texts released in the files.

"Savannah I know u probably think I'm the worst person in the world," the younger teen texted her in December, asking if they could meet with her and apologize, according to the court records. "There is another way to deal with this other than jeopardizing our lives forever. I'm not a bad person just a dumb one."

When the older teen said their lives could be ruined, Dietrich responded in a text: "You don't think you ruined my life forever? How would you feel knowing you basically got *****. Knowing people are seeing your pictures, tell me who all saw these pictures? It's humiliating I feel exposed."

Richwalsky says he told Dietrich and her mother about the plea deal and denies telling her she needed to move on or get over anything, calling the allegations "preposterous."

"Perhaps it is not so much she is trying to intentionally mislead and deceive this court, but rather the delusional assertions made in her affidavit are merely the byproduct of what she would like to believe happened and not what in actuality took place," Richwalsky said in his affidavit.

Sharon Dietrich, the girl's mother, said Thursday evening in a telephone interview that Richwalsky is misleading and "evaded going over details of the plea agreement. It was done behind our backs."

The teens pleaded not guilty in March and were put on house arrest though they were allowed to go to previously scheduled college visits.

On June 26, they pleaded guilty to sexual abuse and voyeurism; their sentencing was put off for seven weeks for a required sexual-offender risk assessment. The judge will decide to accept or reject the plea agreement Sept. 14.

Both teens have had to withdraw from their Catholic high school. Details about the younger teen were not available, but the Department of Juvenile Justice said the older teen had a GPA of 3.83 and was ranked 25th out of 328 students.

Jefferson County Public Schools said he would have to attend an alternative school because of the charges. His family has appealed and he isn't enrolled anywhere, according to the Aug. 21 report.

His mother said he is a "good kid who made a bad decision and now has to accept responsibility and move forward."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...nny/57488766/1
Disgusting display of redneck american justice in action. So "jail is for real rapists"? I wonder what he would have thought if the attackers had been black. Probably a highly different sentence.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sexual assault criminals got a slap in the wrist while the victim was told to shu

Are you, as an Arab (presumably), really complaining about the American justice system?
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sexual assault criminals got a slap in the wrist while the victim was told to shu

Are you, as a British (presumably), really trying to attack my reasoning because of my presumable backgrounds?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #4
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
Are you, as a British (presumably), really trying to attack my reasoning because of my presumable backgrounds?
Absolutely.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

When I read the title of this video I thought it was going to be a report about some situation in a Muslim country, but then I realised the victim wouldn't have gotten away as easily there.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:33 AM   #6
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

We must give rapists and pedophiles slap on the wrist sentences, abolish the death penalty, treat them like kings in prison. Doing otherwise would be too inhumane and against the ideals of liberal modern western society. All murderers need help and care as they are troubled and sensitive individuals who didn't really want to do it. Relatives should just get over it. ------it's precisely that kind of thinking that's ruining the society.

Frauderer will NEVER win another slam
Crocodilovic will fall
Nadal will reclaim number #1 in 2015.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Disgusting display of redneck american justice in action. So "jail is for real rapists"? I wonder what he would have thought if the attackers had been black. Probably a highly different sentence.
Not true, in the US, school and college football players get leniency, no matter what colour.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #8
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
When I read the title of this video I thought it was going to be a report about some situation in a Muslim country, but then I realised the victim wouldn't have gotten away as easily there.
well, open up a thread about it. I'm sure our supermod Raginglamb will shut it down because you would be "bashing" another country. Or does that (made-up?) rule only applies to certain countries? I'm not sure. Give it a try.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #9
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Not true, in the US, school and college football players get leniency, no matter what colour.
i know you're trying to be funny but it's still not true.

studies show that in the USA blacks and hispanics are more likely to face harsher sentences than whites. I don't think this situation is any different for jocks.

The USA is still a racist society. One thing going for them is that they're aware of it. To that extent, the situation in Europe is much worse.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

While the US legalsystem might be corrupt and threat easily the rich or powerful it is silly for a person from the hierarchal culture with most corruption in its legal system to look outward instead of trying to fix his own country or culture.

This is just america bashing, it is pretty silly ofcourse. You should know the kind of things princes and sheiks in arab countries are allowed to do, they have harems of slave girls and they steal all your oil money to buy yachts and piss champagne. In fact a girl can get stoned for beeing rap*ed by a rich arab in Saudi Arabia.

So please, if you want to complain about US foreign policy that has effect in your homecountry, that feels like your debate but trying to paint US domestic policy as incredibly unjust when you come from an (any) arab country is just silly.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #11
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
While the US legalsystem might be corrupt and threat easily the rich or powerful it is silly for a person from the hierarchal culture with most corruption in its legal system to look outward instead of trying to fix his own country or culture.

This is just america bashing, it is pretty silly ofcourse. You should know the kind of things princes and sheiks in arab countries are allowed to do, they have harems of slave girls and they steal all your oil money to buy yachts and piss champagne. In fact a girl can get stoned for beeing rap*ed by a rich arab in Saudi Arabia.

So please, if you want to complain about US foreign policy that has effect in your homecountry, that feels like your debate but trying to paint US domestic policy as incredibly unjust when you come from an (any) arab country is just silly.
I love how critical comments on the west are labelled as "bashing" whereas critical comments on middle eastern nations are labeled as "informative" (or any other more or less neutral or even positive term). goes to show once again the western hipocrisy i talk about.

That said, like i told frankie before, i don't see what you presume are my backgrounds have anything to do with the case at hand posted in this thread and the conclusions we can derive from it. if we go by that logic, I might as well point out the racism in denmark, which is certainly a lot worse than in the USA.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #12
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I love how critical comments on the west are labelled as "bashing" whereas critical comments on middle eastern nations are labeled as "informative" (or any other more or less neutral or even positive term). goes to show once again the western hipocrisy i talk about.

That said, like i told frankie before, i don't see what you presume are my backgrounds have anything to do with the case at hand posted in this thread and the conclusions we can derive from it. if we go by that logic, I might as well point out the racism in denmark, which is certainly a lot worse than in the USA.
Western hypocricy blablablah, if you had not antiamericanism as your only goal with this article but was just concern about injustice in any place I would not even debate the issue no matter where you come from. One day you could discuss the stoning of poor girls that has been ***** in Saudi Arabia and the next day these rapists who get away in american legal system and the other day some tibetan munk who has been killed by chinese. Injustice is everywhere at different degrees, power is power wherever you go in the world, there is probably not a single truly just country in the whole world and there has never been one. I

Racism in Denmark? How about racism in Dubai where arab nouselords **** filipina housemaids without punishment and indian workers come to work for slavery salary for decades without ever getting citizenship? How about in Egypt where christian gets their churches burned down every day and are slaughtered by thugs in the street? How about it is time you give the kurds their homeland after they had been slaughtered by arabs under Saddam Hussein? Sudan where black africans are slaughtered by arab sudanese, Mali and Mauritania were teuregs still use subsaharan africans as slaves? Oh please, dont tell me you are still under the illusion that only white people can be racists? Arabs havent even dealt with their shameful history in the slave trade, Denmark never took any slaves since we were vikings one thousand years ago. Denmark even took refugees from your countries when you ran into trouble, ofcourse there can not be something that can go on forever and without limits or Denmark would one day stop beeing Denmark. If that common sense and just slight conservatism of your culture and traditions count as racism, oh boy, then what shall we call most arab countries?

When you speak of western hypocricy let me remind you that you really dont come with any new critical angle at all, you show us nothing new under the sun we did not know beforehand. Your bias makes it obvious that your are trying to push for an agenda, you get zero credibility because you have no interest to look at all problems with arab legal systems and your own powerful and corrupt, you just want to point fingers to the other guys every single day.

I have not even discussed arab countries before you came and pointed fingers so dont fit me in to the label "you westerners", I have a very objective interest in all conflicts and happenings around the world but dont take sides too often and dont judge aswell, but I do find islamists, arab-nationalist and communist antiwesterners annoying just like I find american christian fundamentalists, patriots and sionists annoying. Stop seeing the world as black and white, it is mostly black and dark shades of grey.

Like endless debates of Afganisthan, let me just remind you: The talibans are sonofabitches, the americans are there for selfinterest, the "democratic" government installed by US are corrupt and not democratic at all, the US did finance the talibans with weapons beforehand to defeat the Sovjets, the Sovjet invasion that killed millions was also an evil act.

Point is, there are no good guys. I wont join your intifada just because the west is not "good and just".

Last edited by sexybeast : 03-16-2013 at 11:40 PM.
sexybeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:25 AM   #13
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Good post.

abraxas is Chilean though anyway
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Western hypocricy blablablah, if you had not antiamericanism as your only goal with this article but was just concern about injustice in any place I would not even debate the issue no matter where you come from. One day you could discuss the stoning of poor girls that has been ***** in Saudi Arabia and the next day these rapists who get away in american legal system and the other day some tibetan munk who has been killed by chinese. Injustice is everywhere at different degrees, power is power wherever you go in the world, there is probably not a single truly just country in the whole world and there has never been one. I

Racism in Denmark? How about racism in Dubai where arab nouselords **** filipina housemaids without punishment and indian workers come to work for slavery salary for decades without ever getting citizenship? How about in Egypt where christian gets their churches burned down every day and are slaughtered by thugs in the street? How about it is time you give the kurds their homeland after they had been slaughtered by arabs under Saddam Hussein? Sudan where black africans are slaughtered by arab sudanese, Mali and Mauritania were teuregs still use subsaharan africans as slaves? Oh please, dont tell me you are still under the illusion that only white people can be racists? Arabs havent even dealt with their shameful history in the slave trade, Denmark never took any slaves since we were vikings one thousand years ago. Denmark even took refugees from your countries when you ran into trouble, ofcourse there can not be something that can go on forever and without limits or Denmark would one day stop beeing Denmark. If that common sense and just slight conservatism of your culture and traditions count as racism, oh boy, then what shall we call most arab countries?

When you speak of western hypocricy let me remind you that you really dont come with any new critical angle at all, you show us nothing new under the sun we did not know beforehand. Your bias makes it obvious that your are trying to push for an agenda, you get zero credibility because you have no interest to look at all problems with arab legal systems and your own powerful and corrupt, you just want to point fingers to the other guys every single day.

I have not even discussed arab countries before you came and pointed fingers so dont fit me in to the label "you westerners", I have a very objective interest in all conflicts and happenings around the world but dont take sides too often and dont judge aswell, but I do find islamists, arab-nationalist and communist antiwesterners annoying just like I find american christian fundamentalists, patriots and sionists annoying. Stop seeing the world as black and white, it is mostly black and dark shades of grey.

Like endless debates of Afganisthan, let me just remind you: The talibans are sonofabitches, the americans are there for selfinterest, the "democratic" government installed by US are corrupt and not democratic at all, the US did finance the talibans with weapons beforehand to defeat the Sovjets, the Sovjet invasion that killed millions was also an evil act.

Point is, there are no good guys. I wont join your intifada just because the west is not "good and just".
I point out the racism and segregation in the west precisely because westerners love to focus on third world countries and judge them under their particular values. like you, i also know that in many regards things are way worse in nations like syria or iran, but there's not much of a point to focus on that considering that your governments and media already point it out everyday, don't they?

however, the minute someone who's perceived to be from one of those awful countries begins to criticize the west, westerners like you get mad and histerical. The "how can this arab dare to criticize us?!?!?" type of reasoning is obviously expected from the west but it's still mind blowing considering that the ones think that way at the same times consider themselves "fair and objetive". Excuse me if i roll my eyes here for a second.

But go on. Take comfort in the idea that your country is so much better than the barbarie of the arab nations. Keep trusting what the western free media tells you. I'm sure they do their best to be fair and objetive too!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #15
country flag ssin

ssin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond reputessin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Injustice is everywhere at different degrees, power is power wherever you go in the world, there is probably not a single truly just country in the whole world and there has never been one.
sad but probably true. And about the grey zone, I think you are spot on.

If someone should burn and plunder my house I would prefer them not saying they came to repair my house and improve my well-being, though.
But it's too much to ask it seems.
ssin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote