Most Over-rated/Over-hyped players on this forum - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #151
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most Over-rated/Over-hyped players on this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Overrated by MTF:

Baghdatis: Too much has been said, too little delivered
Gasquet: In the end will be remembered for his backhand
Nishikori: Too injury prone to live up to expectations
Isner: His serve was supposed to win him slams - rewind to MTF discussions 3 years back!
Dimitrov: Was set to do big things four years back. In his prime now.

--

I won't put Tomic, Goffin, Dolgopolov, Raonic and Del Potro in this discussion because:
Tomic- is very well living up to what was expected from him, beating top players (outside top 4) consistently; shrewd tennis brain.
Goffin- He hasn't finished one complete year at the ATP tour level, unlike most of the others. He started late, so this temporary let off is kind of expected. Already has been mounted with enough pressure of expectations, and though very talented, needs some work in the mental department. And watch his mouth.
Dolgopolov: He's already lived up to what was expected from him.
Raonic: What do you people want? He's winning tournaments for two years now - barely entered his prime, one of the most active, most improved players on tour.
Del Potro: He's won a slam, for crying out loud! How many have done that?
Really?

He should retire at 25 then

Dimitrov could be stamped overrated when he's 26 and he hasn't achieved anything. For now he's living up to the expectations - steadily progressing, game wise as well as ranking wise.

Most reasonable fans expected him to break the top 30 this season and he almost had mid February.

Next season will be the one we'll all expect him to break into top 10 and hopefully he proves us wrong and does it this season already, but i don't count on this much.

The good part about Dimitrov is that he's very decent on clay and compared to most his pears who gather hard court points with similar or slightly faster tempo, he'll be gathering still during dust season, while the likes of Tomic, Raonic, Nishikori, Harison, Jerzy, Rosol, etc. will be on vacation more or less.

That's why i'm very confident the lad has a bright future, coz he's just more versatile and he's fulfilling the plan the correct way step by step. Unlike some flukey top 30 position achieved overnight, leading to huge expectations, which by definition is "overrating".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 04:54 AM   #152
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute

I think posters need to be reminded of what over-rated and over-hyped actually mean. A lot of them seem to think it's synonymous to who they like and who they don't.

Nishikori, Berankis, Raonic, Kuznetsov, Dimitrov

thegreendestiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #153
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
Del Potro: He's won a slam, for crying out loud! How many have done that?
in the fed/nadal/djokovic era?! no one besides murray and him
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote