what does andy need to return 2 his rightful place in tennis? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-20-2005, 06:58 PM   #16
country flag Katdiva7

Katdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what does andy need to return 2 his rightful place in tennis?

I really agree with you Debstah. I think once he beats someone like Hewitt who he hasn't been able to beat, then everything will probably click for him. I think it will only take one big win or so for him to get his confidence back and just run with it (hopefully).
Katdiva7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2005, 09:54 PM   #17
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

Learn to rip balls down the line, and when I say down the line I mean Davenport/Seles/Dokic style painting the lines or coming damn close to it, not wussing out and hitting it a good 10 inches safely inside the lines ala Capriati for the past 3 years now.:retard: Oh and clear your head please.

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:14 AM   #18
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and Noelle, I don't think any of his fans here are giving up.
I never said the fans are giving up. I, definitely, am not giving up.

The question was, "What does Andy need to return 2 his rightful place in tennis?" I just answered it by saying he needs his fans to support him. That's all.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:02 PM   #19
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

well, we will support him

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:50 PM   #20
country flag Becarina

Becarina has a reputation beyond reputeBecarina has a reputation beyond reputeBecarina has a reputation beyond reputeBecarina has a reputation beyond reputeBecarina has a reputation beyond reputeBecarina has a reputation beyond reputeBecarina has a reputation beyond reputeBecarina has a reputation beyond reputeBecarina has a reputation beyond reputeBecarina has a reputation beyond reputeBecarina has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed that he needs to win a big match. But I think it has to be Rogerer. That would be the ultimate confidence booster. IMO
Old 03-21-2005, 06:09 PM   #21
country flag tennisfan16

tennisfan16 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan16 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan16 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan16 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan16 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan16 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan16 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan16 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan16 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan16 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan16 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think bashing Lleyton will help any. Andy's game has slowly deteriorated. I noticed it last year at the US Open, and his match against Lleyton at the Australian Open was - to be frank - depressingly amateur. I don't hate Andy, but I think he needs to get his head back in the game - instead of deciding which model to date next.
tennisfan16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:49 PM   #22
country flag Katdiva7

Katdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond reputeKatdiva7 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone was bashing Lleyton, really. He is just someone that if Andy beat, he would have a little bit of a confidence boost. Federer would be better though, lol.
Katdiva7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:07 PM   #23
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

The name of the game is confidence and luck. If Andy can get some of that, he can beat Federer. His game has taken flight; he has made so many improvements. He just needs to have that belief that no matter what he can win it.

In US 03' Andy didn't have a 1/3 of the game he has now but, he had confidence, and he had that belief, "the eye of the tiger" (and luck of course). Now his game is so much better but he has yet to find confidence in himself against top players. This is evidenced by the fact that when Andy gets set points, break points, or goes to tiebreaks Andy is no longer "money". If you gave Andy Roddick a whiff at set point on his serve in 03' it was as Brad would say "good night Irene". The problem in Andy's game is belief, he's getting there, and he’s just waiting for the big win to propel him to the upper stratosphere of tennis.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote