Week 10 : Kyoto (Winner: John Millman) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2013, 01:24 AM   #61
country flag nolesfan2011

nolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 10 : Kyoto (Winner: John Millman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran70 View Post
Great victory for Millman who is going to jump close to the top 130, by far the best moment of his career. Great start of the year for him with two CH titles and some good performances in Brisbane and Sydney ATP. Wondering which are his next steps in the calendar for the following weeks
congrats to John!
Hewitt, Kyrgios,Kohlschreiber, Dolgopolov, Stakhovsky, Nieminen, Verdasco, Melzer brothers,Baghdatis,Pospisil,Dodig,Cilic,Taro Daniel, Nishioka, Ebden, McGee,Mathieu, Benji Becker, Berankis,Bemelmans,Russell, Muller, Lacko,Zverev,Stebe, Smyczek, Alex Kuznetsov,Baker,Isner,Kudla, Sandgren,Johnson,Sweeting,Williams, Krajicek,Harrison Brothers,Bryan Brothers, Flemchins
Former fan of Fernando Gonzalez, Niemeyer, Dent,Niland, Luczak,Malisse,Kunitsyn, and Schuettler http://tenniseastcoast.com tennisviewmag.com @nolesfan2011 on twitter
nolesfan2011 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #62
country flag nolesfan2011

nolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond reputenolesfan2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 10 : Kyoto (Entry List)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilygotsilly View Post
Actually the Artificial Turf being used is Toray Spuckturf, which was developed by Toray Industries way back in the 80s (or 70s?) and used for the WTA Indoor Tokyo event for years before it moved outdoors in 2006 (7?). Hingis and Davenport loved it obviously.

Today I'm pretty sure that it's laid over a special matting. Go here: http://www.toray.com/ir/pdf/lib/lib_a004.pdf and do a search/find on the word Spuckturf. You will see the kind of technology I'm talking about. And this is from 1999!

Like Taraflex of Gerflor, which is a pvc surface, the carpets of today are perforated to provide some resistance to control the pace and heighten the bounce some.

This Spuckturf would be laid over this perforated foam mat to soften the surface (slower pace) and if there were some ridges and the carpet loose laid it would also create bounce.

This summer I played on an outdoor artificial turf laid on concrete. Surprisingly it wasn't as fast as one would expect. There was sand strewn across it (near beach) which helped slow the pace and create some bounce. Plus, the concrete base was far from level at that time, so depending on where the ball hit, it could actually bounce up quite high, or stay real low. Nadal and Djokovic would have loved it! Haha! Babies

Anyway, that's another thing I was wondering, if there was any sand or rubber granules put on the surface. I couldn't get my hands on any HD Pics or high quality stream to tell. That would also slow it down.

At times it has looked really fast. Other times there has been a lot of rallying for a carpet surface with today's racquets and man power.

Lastly, the ball could effect it greatly. As far as I know it's a Dunlop Fort All Court , which is fast. So that wouldnt be it. BUT, possibly it's a Dunlop Fort Elite or even heavier slower ball.

From the little I can tell, it's what's underneath the Carpet that's slowing it down a bit. Not the ball or top surface. Still, in the end, very fast for today's power tennis.

NONE OF THIS EXPLAINS THE RIDICULOUSNESS OF PLAYING THE SEMIS AT THE SAME TIME! Economically it makes no sense to me. There must be a reason, logistically, that they did this.

~Tennis Crier
thanks for the info
Hewitt, Kyrgios,Kohlschreiber, Dolgopolov, Stakhovsky, Nieminen, Verdasco, Melzer brothers,Baghdatis,Pospisil,Dodig,Cilic,Taro Daniel, Nishioka, Ebden, McGee,Mathieu, Benji Becker, Berankis,Bemelmans,Russell, Muller, Lacko,Zverev,Stebe, Smyczek, Alex Kuznetsov,Baker,Isner,Kudla, Sandgren,Johnson,Sweeting,Williams, Krajicek,Harrison Brothers,Bryan Brothers, Flemchins
Former fan of Fernando Gonzalez, Niemeyer, Dent,Niland, Luczak,Malisse,Kunitsyn, and Schuettler http://tenniseastcoast.com tennisviewmag.com @nolesfan2011 on twitter
nolesfan2011 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote