My biggest regret. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #16
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My biggest regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Are delusions in the first post deliberately that exaggerated?

My art teacher in the elementary school once said to me that I can draw real nice. I suppose I could be the second coming of Picasso.
All that needs to be said on the subject
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #17
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Thousands and thousands of tennis players started playing from age four or five. Don't have that 'what if' attitude in this instance, because starting from an early age guarantees nothing.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #18
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Feel bad for you man.

But the fact is that, realistically, you only have a small window of opportunity to become a tennis players and it begins way before your teen years. Players usually start development as little as 5/6. You have to face the fact that your window of opportunity has long gone, even when you started in 2008 it would have been extremely hard to turn pro, unless you turned out to be a huge anomaly the chances of which are probably one in a million, perhaps even less. But one thing you can do is of course is play tennis recreationally. Also more importantly you can learn from your 2008-2011 years is to never let your guard down and be lazy. You can transport this experience to your other areas of life such as work, education, fitness etc.
GOAT = Fed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #19
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

My art teacher in the elementary school once said to me that I can draw real nice. I suppose I could be the second coming of Picasso.
There's a Picasso on MTF.

Have you seen Picasso Novak?

Talent is everywhere.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #20
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
Feel bad for you man.

But the fact is that, realistically, you only have a small window of opportunity to become a tennis players and it begins way before your teen years. Players usually start development as little as 5/6. You have to face the fact that your window of opportunity has long gone, even when you started in 2008 it would have been extremely hard to turn pro, unless you turned out to be a huge anomaly the chances of which are probably one in a million, perhaps even less. But one thing you can do is of course is play tennis recreationally. Also more importantly you can learn from your 2008-2011 years is to never let your guard down and be lazy. You can transport this experience to your other areas of life such as work, education, fitness etc.
It would be really cool if someone documented at what age all the pros started playing throughout history. I agree though that most pros today are brandishing a racquet before they even learn how to walk.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
Two words: Johnny Groove.

Move on.
Quote:

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #22
country flag 1mike

1mike is on a distinguished road

awesome.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #23
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Thousands and thousands of tennis players started playing from age four or five. Don't have that 'what if' attitude in this instance, because starting from an early age guarantees nothing.
That is true, though I think that you need to be a top junior to be able to compete in the men's tour, so I'd say the latest possible starting ages could be around 8-10 years old, so that you could compete in the U14 and U16 competitions later on. Feel and technique are so important in tennis and you learn those when you're young.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #24
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
That is true, though I think that you need to be a top junior to be able to compete in the men's tour, so I'd say the latest possible starting ages could be around 8-10 years old, so that you could compete in the U14 and U16 competitions later on. Feel and technique are so important in tennis and you learn those when you're young.
I didn't word my original post very well. Of course it's imperative that one starts young, but when I said it guarantees nothing, I meant that not everyone who starts young achieves success. For every top one-hundred player, there's ten players who get on tour but don't break it, and probably a thousand who never make it anyway.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #25
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Of course you will have a lot more chances if you start young, but some people start late and still make it.

Luca Toni (football player) was 23 years old and playing in Italy's 4th division (pretty much amateur level), and a few years later he was playing in the World Cup. Another sport but....There are some strange cases.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #26
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

A moving story. I'm the same almost down to a T. There's nothing like playing tennis and being creative on court.
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #27
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
I didn't word my original post very well. Of course it's imperative that one starts young, but when I said it guarantees nothing, I meant that not everyone who starts young achieves success. For every top one-hundred player, there's ten players who get on tour but don't break it, and probably a thousand who never make it anyway.
Yeah that's true as well. Though I'd say as a youngster, it's important to have many hobbies and choose the focus later on. It develops the muscles and tendons etc. in a more versatile way, promotes different types of skills and prevents injuries.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote